• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Neoxon

『Inaba Resident』;248537954 said:
Why do people rage quit in casual?
There was still another round left lol.
FlashyUnsteadyGibbon.gif
I sometimes wonder the same thing. I play Casual Matches to get away from the toxicity of Ranked.

MCD250

If there was still a round left, then as improbable as it sounds it may not necessarily have been a ragequit. Could have just been an unfortunately timed disconnection. It's happened to me before and I always feel paranoid that the other guy will think I ragequit.

HardRojo

FlashyUnsteadyGibbon.gif

You know the salt is real when people RQ in Casuals, there's literally nothing on the line lol.

Blueblur1

I understand why they are holding back announcements regarding Super from a marketing perspective but they should probably start leaving hints late October to early November. And xkiras social media being gone doesn't have much to do with Capcom since his YouTube channel is fine ( and they can't take down shit on twitter just because he found some files)

The fact that his YT channel is still up probably means Capcops are not behind it. Its probably his own doing. Shame that the posts might be gone.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
『Inaba Resident』;248538863 said:
This isn't the first time I've had this happen to me so I doubt it was a random disconnect. Not saying it isn't possible but meh.

There was also the time where somebody rage quit on me in casual, I look their name up and find a video of them doing the same thing lol

You actually waste your time to send him a PM. I got many rage quitters on my hands but I never bother to sent them a PM lately since it's not even worth the time and effort to sent them the messages.

Edited: Everytime people rage quit during our matches, that made me feel good because it just let me know that I'm doing it right. If I get hate or rage message top of it, then that's even more sweeter.

MCD250

When people ragequit on me (hasn't happened in a while, admittedly) I sometimes look them up and send them a little ":)" message. Nothing else, just that. I'll also send it as a reply if they send me a message. It's funny tbh.

You actually waste your time to send him a PM. I got many rage quitters on my hands but I never bother to sent them a PM lately since it's not even worth the time and effort to sent them the messages.

Edited: Everytime people rage quit during our matches, that made me feel good because it just let me know that I'm doing it right. If I get hate or rage message top of it, then that's even more sweeter.

Its funny.

You know what Capcom should do instead of sending C&Ds to randoms from LatAm?

Not put the shit in the game early in the first place.

Reminds me of one of the weakest excuses I've ever heard: "They shouldn't give PC players demos because they'll just datamine it". Yes, it's the end-user's fault the dev put all that info in the game.

Producer

Reminds me of one of the weakest excuses I've ever heard: "They shouldn't give PC players demos because they'll just datamine it". Yes, it's the end-user's fault the dev put all that info in the game.

how do you know this was on capcom?

Syntsui

How do you even PM rage quitters, the Players Met function on my PS4 is completely busted and almost never updates correctly.

Dammit, I was just about to post that. If you haven't watched the Death Note anime already, watch it. It's legit good, especially dubbed.

On-topic, it's a shame to lose X-Kira, & I wouldn't be surprised if the CapCops got to him. Maybe this means that everything he leaked (the stages, the V-System changes, etc.) were legit after all.

If it was capcops they would have shut down the source, which is his videos. You can't shut down social media channels on the basis of video game leaks.

It's sad that the first thought that comes to mind is "RIP S3 Juri" when hearing this.
Perma low tier characters like Juri, Fang and Alex are probably not going anywhere because Capcom is overly cautious about them or just don't know what to do with them. Having no appearances in top 64 (Alex at EVO), hearing top players gripe about them (Xian voicing concerns about Fang iirc) and having almost no tournament wins (Juri) isn't going to do much to change that.

Basically, substantive bufs are a miracle if the character you play has kinda mostly sucked after three different versions (S1, S2 and S2.5) of SFV. Better to just resign yourself and enjoy what you can about the character you play.

Sayad

Nah, she'll get overbuffed like Rashid.
Lol overbuff! Revisionist history much! Remember when most people were still putting Rashid under Chun and next to Vega, Nash and Juri at the start of the season?! His buffs were fine, looked good, but nothing on Rog or 2.0 Urien, Laura and Guile. Juri getting the Rashid treatment would be a perfect scenario.

Trickster

Man I have no idea how top play menat lol. Even after doing her trials

Tactic so far -
Throw orb a bit and then suck it back in a bit later
Press MP and HP a lot

DunpealD

With all the past talk about V-System and what not.
I'd like to see a character that actually can counter throws. Maybe even a counter based character with chain throws or something. Iirc Nina in SFxT actually had a multi command throw.

At this point I'm not too much in a rush to get more information unless it's about S3. There are enough games to keep me occupied.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I mean, devs can't feasibly structure their production schedule and build design around the threat of data-mining. Especially Capcom. They're having enough trouble as it is.

LakeEarth

FlashyUnsteadyGibbon.gif

People dropped in the beta, where they knew all stats would soon be wiped away for all eternity. Some people are just sore losers.

X-Kira deleted himself because he was ashamed of his words and deeds.
I do find it hilarious that a person who named himself after X-Kira from Death Note just deleted himself.

Teh Lurv

"Your match record...with...Abigail...is...5 wins...and...32..loses"

That's motivation damnit!

I wish we had the option to turn off the pre-match announcer, nothing she says is remotely helpful. I've heard her say:

"This is your....TENTH...match versus...GUILE!"

Each time I fight a Guile.

Pompadour

People dropped in the beta, where they knew all stats would soon be wiped away for all eternity. Some people are just sore losers.

Yeah, I don't get that shit. Force closing the game means you got to wade through all that loading if you want to keep playing. And they're doing that shit in betas?

Yeah, I don't get that shit. Force closing the game means you got to wade through all that loading if you want to keep playing. And they're doing that shit in betas?

Well I would assume people just stop playing when they RQ, unless it's some weird tactical RQing situation in which case you're dealing with a bunch of sociopaths.

Top Bottom