• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Village

finding a replacement song for menat is proving....difficult

Edit:scratch that found it. Kirby saves the day again

Edit edit: Overwatch Remix actually saved the day

game, jsut because I am slightly in Silver, doesn';t mean it;s okay to pair me with ultra silver

UPD: Also, any idea what may casue an issue where I get hit by an attack despite holding down back? Not overhead, I so far got killed like that 3 times, 2 of them were by a low, 1 by a shoryu. This is differnet from when I get greedy and press a button, as this last time, my right hadn wasn't even on the controller.

Edzi

game, jsut because I am slightly in Silver, doesn';t mean it;s okay to pair me with ultra silver

UPD: Also, any idea what may casue an issue where I get hit by an attack despite holding down back? Not overhead, I so far got killed like that 3 times, 2 of them were by a low, 1 by a shoryu. This is differnet from when I get greedy and press a button, as this last time, my right hadn wasn't even on the controller.

It's actually perfectly okay to get paired with an ultra silver at silver lol

It's actually perfectly okay to get paired with an ultra silver at silver lol

It shouldn't be. Skill gap is too high.

I basically get bounced around between bronse and silver all the time, because of this. I get no chance to brew in the rough area of my skill level I get knocked down to bronze, and have to spend a match or two beating up nebwies. It's not conductive to learing the game to have to basically stop training every few matches.

UPD2: Salt aside, waht do i do against Akuma on wake up as Karin? It feels like it's a pure 50/50 between his crounching fierce crush counter and grab. I either block or try to throw break, and if I guess wrong I am dead

Edzi

It shouldn't be. Skill gap is too high.

I basically get bounced around between bronse and silver all the time, because of this. I get no chance to brew in the rough area of my skill level I get knocked down to bronze, and have to spend a match or two beating up nebwies. It's not conductive to learing the game to have to basically stop training every few matches.

UPD2: Salt aside, waht do i do against Akuma on wake up as Karin? It feels like it's a pure 50/50 between his crounching fierce crush counter and grab. I either block or try to throw break, and if I guess wrong I am dead

Nah, if you're getting pushed out of silver by other silvers, you're probably where you belong in terms of leagues. If you're really around silver level, you'll settle in there eventually. Plus, getting matched with people higher than you is usually a good thing since you stand to gain more points than you'd lose and you get better faster by playing people above you.

The only thing I dislike is getting matched with people in an entire league below you.

Nah, if you're getting pushed out of silver by other silvers, you're probably where you belong in terms of leagues. If you're really around silver level, you'll settle in there eventually. Plus, getting matched with people higher than you is usually a good thing since you stand to gain more points than you'd lose and you get better faster by playing people above you.

The only thing I dislike is getting matched with people in an entire league below you.

I feel like reasonable cut off point is 1000 points. I just find it absurd that game thinks it's alright to match me up with somebody who has 1500+ lead on me.

Syntsui

Same principle either way. Just let the stick/dpad hit neutral for a split second so you don't get knee bazooka.

Don't know why you'd need to, though. Is it in a trial or something?
Just curious, Nuckledu does it like second nature and I saw Daigo doing it in his first match against Takeushi, I tried to mimick it and it just seemed impossible.

Teh Lurv

I feel like reasonable cut off point is 1000 points. I just find it absurd that game thinks it's alright to match me up with somebody who has 1500+ lead on me.

You should take it as an opportunity: If you win, you'll gain over 100LP; if you lose, you're out only 35LP or less. Even if you go 1-2 in the set, you still come out with a positive LP gain. And if you go 0-2, you're only losing little more than the LP of a single match with some in your standing.

But yeah Silver sucks, its the first real test to see if you can consistently win. You can get a few lucky match-ups in ranked and jump from Rookie-to-Bronze-to-Super,etc, but that 1,000LP from Silver to Super Silver can be a slog if you're win/loss is running 50/50 and the closer you get the Super Silver, the more chance you can get 160-200LP knocked off by an Ult or Super Bronze in an 0-2 set.

What you should try doing is hit casual matches and practice/grind there until your "last 100" casual match ratio is running a consistent 55-60 win/loss. When you can jump back into Ranked with confidence.

But to keep of with the theme of griping about ranked: Sat down to get that "Win 10 Ranked" mission done and maybe reach Ultra Silver tonight. I got within 150 points until I hit a series of match-ups against players who started their accounts within the last week and have 70-90% ranked win ratio. :mad: I don't mind running into the occasional alt, but running into them almost back-to-back was beginning to piss me off. Lost my work for the night and sent me back to Silver. I was able to climb back 100LP behind where I started and get my 5,000LP before calling it for the night.

The points really don't matter all that much in the macro sense, but silver against silver is fine, even if they're on the high end and you're on the low end. You're both still figuring things out, don't let the numbers psyche you out. If you're on PC there's a mod that can remove the points and league display, so you can just take matches for what they are.

Newly translated Activity Report: Early Development Ideas: Menat.

I wish we'd had gotten some Egyptian stick fighting, it would have been neat. But hey, the Menat we got was good as well.

I personally hate the idea of weapons in a game where most of the cast just uses their bodies and abilities. Menat's orb feels almost like an extension of herself though so it somehow ok with me. I wouldn't have like a her with a bo staff at all.

I do like Eagle a little though.

MCD250

It's interesting how early they settled on the idea that she would fight using some sort of object that was separate from herself (birds in the early design, crystal ball in the finished version). It's also interesting how early they came up with the idea that she uses soul power like Rose, and one of the early designs even has her being Italian too. I guess her having some sort of connection or relationship with Rose is something they must have arrived at from the beginning, or nearly so.

kikiribu

Kolin working as a camera girl at BK Beatdown? They're identical omg

kolinirlh9j9s.png

I mean she's gotta be a Capcom agent, right?

SO NICE TO MEET

MvC:I now has both Online Training mode, as well as simultaneous matches in Lobby mode. Come on Capcpom, think about your main E-S-P-O-R-T-S game for a second.
FANG's theme is great, it reminds me of the song A Man Called Adam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML3DnnX7ry4 which had been used in Yellow Tail Wine ads.

Obviously FANG is in the wrong profession with that theme. He should be throwing swinging house parties and promoting drinks.
FANG would definitely shill Hennigans.

H-E-DOUBLE N-I
I mean she's gotta be an Illuminati agent, right?

SO NICE TO MEET
FTFY

That was Tokido last year verus Infiltration. Fuudo's time will come. ;_;

Like no, seriously, we've never seen someone bridesmaid like Fuudo bridesmaid'ing in SFV. In the past we made fun of Tokido and Bonchan for this, but Fuudo has took it to a ridiculously level. If you only look at Premier and big money tournaments this is the 6th time he's finish 2nd and the 8th time he's finished in the top 3 since last year.

Granted he has won a ton of money because all those tournaments pay very well. But it's weird to say that a top 5 SFV player has never won a SFV tournament lol.

Surfside

Banned
Tokido just with the superior reads and that against Fuudo, who has great reads of his own, shows that Tokido can not be shaken.

MCD250

Fuudo ought to maybe consider picking up another character, even as a secondary, if only to cover his options a little better.

Top Bottom