• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Village

Is today smurff day, because i've encountered several people in a row, who cannot possibly be using their main account. Usually one guy , but like duude

Edit: fangs super is terrible, you ever have a move done on you. You made an obvious readable mistake but the character you are fighting is so bad that one of their best possible response doesn't work properly. Like I should have gotten bodied not only did I fall out of the super. The poison rain under the super missed

Wat

Another random disconnect right as I was pressured and about to lose... You know what, since apparently that';s going to be a running thing I won't bother being anxious. Let him thing I RQ'd. if game wants to be a dick, let it.

just lost like 600 lp losing to a bunch of people in a row. I probably shouldn't be playing ranked at 4am, when suddenly even most obvious jump ins feel unreactable.

vulva

Well as a Chun Li player i feel i deserve all my wins,my opponents just dont feel the same. Need some work on my persuasion skills.

Yeah I'm a chun main, which is why I'm learning Karin. Why think and have to put in tons of work to get 20% damage while using meter when I can take off 30-40% with one bar?

Surfside

Banned
Yeah I'm a chun main, which is why I'm learning Karin. Why think and have to put in tons of work to get 20% damage while using meter when I can take off 30-40% with one bar?

Yeah i agree the damgage differrential is enormous. I feel like getting big damage only ever from jump in combos. That is with her slow as jump speed, not ideal. Just my musings as a low level Chun player,
for now :p

vulva

Yeah i agree the damgage differrential is enormous. I feel like getting big damage only ever from jump in combos. That is with her slow as jump speed, not ideal. Just my musings as a low level Chun player,
for now :p

She's rarely worth the work. That said I still have all my muscle memory tied to her so I go back to what's most comfortable when I need to.

HardRojo

Zangief... what the fuck am I supposed to do on my wakeup against this guy? I backdash away, he catches me with either headbutt or roundhouse, he needs only to throw it out, whatever he wants. I jump away? Again, the headbutt will catch me and knock me down right in front of him for a new stupid mixup where I'll lose again. I jump in? He has a 100% reliable jab that hits so high he can think twice about what to do as soon as I land, which is, again, a really stupid mixup in his favor. Why are backdashes so ridiculously bad in this game? How am I supposed to get some breathing space from command grab characters with great normals?

Zangief... what the fuck am I supposed to do on my wakeup against this guy? I backdash away, he catches me with either headbutt or roundhouse, he needs only to throw it out, whatever he wants. I jump away? Again, the headbutt will catch me and knock me down right in front of him for a new stupid mixup where I'll lose again. I jump in? He has a 100% reliable jab that hits so high he can think twice about what to do as soon as I land, which is, again, a really stupid mixup in his favor. Why are backdashes so ridiculously bad in this game? How am I supposed to get some breathing space from command grab characters with great normals?

who you playing?

to find a match i had to set connection quality to any. suffered through 3 matches with unplayable lag on my side only. still no handshake icon. what a fucking ill thought out system. treat all your customers as rage quitters until they suffer enough bs to get some icon

Grisby

Hey guys was thinking about buying the $40 sale deal on PSN. Is the community still pretty active online and do casuals still show up from time to time? Bought it on at launch myself and then sold it after getting through the lean meat that was vanilla SF5.

Unless Zangief is blocking, any EX wake up will eat his lunch, no question. And you should never be backdashing on wake up.

Zangief is a gambling character, he has to. So you have to gamble against him when he gets in, too.

::edit:: Also, only use your anti-air fireball. Otherwise you'll just feed the Flex. One more thing: Chariot Charge is too fast for anyone to react Flex to; use that if he's not turtling.

Hey guys was thinking about buying the $40 sale deal on PSN. Is the community still pretty active online and do casuals still show up from time to time? Bought it on at launch myself and then sold it after getting through the lean meat that was vanilla SF5.

you wont be able to play online without extreme lag until the game deems you not a rage quitter

Urien, and yeah I know "Why you complaining you using Urien man", but still shit's hard.

Well my advice is to try and outpoke Gief. St.MK, cr.MK, st.HP, db(?) HK, just keep that dude out and frustrate him.

What to do on wakeup is tough. You really gotta pay attention to what the Gief is doing on your wakeup. Headbutt is a safe bet so if he's relying on headbutt too much, you ex headbutt back.

Frustration is the key to breaking Gief. Using your pokes and ex-headbutt to stop to him and make him question himself is my advice in the Urien vs. Gief matchup.

HardRojo

Well you do have Ex headbutt.

Unless Zangief is blocking, any EX wake up will eat his lunch, no question. And you should never be backdashing on wake up.

Zangief is a gambling character, he has to. So you have to gamble against him when he gets in, too.

::edit:: Also, only use your anti-air fireball. Otherwise you'll just feed the Flex. One more thing: Chariot Charge is too fast for anyone to react Flex to; use that if he's not turtling.
Not a fan of having to rely on a gamble like EX Headbutt to get out of a situation, so I rarely throw it out there, plus out of the 4 Giefs and the Mika I played today, they all guessed it right for some reason, but when it comes to me, I always guess wrong.
Just played against a Mika and when I was waking up and waited, she'd go for command grab, when I did EX headbutt, she waited, when I tried to jump away, she clapped, when I tried to backdash away, she forward fierced, I just can't win against grapplers, I always guess wrong and feel helpless against their shit.
Very active so go ahead!

Numb

If you meet bad people online it's just cause they play Ken

Not a fan of having to rely on a gamble like EX Headbutt to get out of a situation, so I rarely throw it out there, plus out of the 4 Giefs and the Mika I played today, they all guessed it right for some reason, but when it comes to me, I always guess wrong.
Just played against a Mika and when I was waking up and waited, she'd go for command grab, when I did EX headbutt, she waited, when I tried to jump away, she clapped, when I tried to backdash away, she forward fierced, I just can't win against grapplers, I always guess wrong and feel helpless against their shit.

Very active so go ahead!
Gambling is just a part of fighting games in general. Sometimes you just have to, especially against characters like Gief and Mika. If you don't want to gamble, then you have to not end up in that position in the first place. I try my damndest to not eat an ex spd. Regular spd's at least give you a little bit of space. Urien has great normals and a fireball. Keep his ass out! Play as lame as possible. I played against a Gief earlier as Menat and I basically won just using 3 normals over and over.

Oh and you have to recognize your own patterns because you can be certain a grappler will. That's probably how the players seemed to know what you were gonna do. Did you do something different before you did the ex headbutt? Like did you not quick rise that time while you may have other times you got knocked down?

kikiribu

Very active and $40 is good if you mean the deal that includes both passes.

Allforce

Man I've had this game since launch and still am like "Super Bronze" at my all-time best. Plenty of casuals.

The 40 dollar deal is crazy, you'll rack up enough FM playing single player stuff with all those characters to basically pay for the next season's characters in full, on top of a shit ton of story costumes and basically all the stages.

Edit: fangs super is terrible, you ever have a move done on you. You made an obvious readable mistake but the character you are fighting is so bad that one of their best possible response doesn't work properly. Like I should have gotten bodied not only did I fall out of the super. The poison rain under the super missed

Wat
It has a utility that no other super has because the close-up only happens after it's already active so it's arguably one of the more "unpredictable" wakeup CAs. And it is literally "corner carry: the super".

Just a shame that it does no damage and in some rare cancelled instances, can actually knock the opponent OUT of the corner if they're there already. Something that Capcpom still hasn't fixed after 1.5 years.

Zyrox

Landed Abby's b.hpp -> b.hpp in a real match today. That was really satisfying. Was on the brink of death, too and then I just melted that Akuma's lifebar away. Soogood.gif

FluxWaveZ

True, LSPD is the safest quickrise option, but damn, it's not good practice since we got F.HP>LK>Lariat or SPD or throw.

Just don't quickrise against Gief.

What? No, not quick rising against Gief after eating a light SPD is the dumbest thing one could do. In general, not quick rising will achieve absolutely nothing against a player who doesn't screw up their meaties.

It's like an opponent I went against at Evo who would never quick rise against my Mika after eating a normal throw. Absolutely mind boggling, but it allowed me to just throw him over and over again, because he would never quick rise for some reason, and just take the throw.

Gief is -2 if he dashes up after light SPD though.

What? No, not quick rising against Gief after eating a light SPD is the dumbest thing one could do. In general, not quick rising will achieve absolutely nothing against a player who doesn't screw up their meaties.

It's like an opponent I went against at Evo who would never quick rise against my Mika after eating a normal throw. Absolutely mind boggling, but it allowed me to just throw him over and over again, because he would never quick rise for some reason, and just take the throw.
I feel like either I didn't properly explain, or you guys don't understand what I said.

Light SPD is safest for the victim. Medium and Heavy SPD are super safe for Zangief on quickrise as he's plus. Light SPD still puts Gief on minus after quickrise.

The problem is most folks don't recognize light vs medium vs heavy. And thus the blender//vortex begins.

Top Bottom