• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Mizerman

What is in the first music pack btw? I haven't looked up any details besides that they are gonna be a thing.

I'd love a 3s pack or Alpha 2 pack

I think the first and second music packs contain tracks from the story mode. And yeah, I would love to have an Alpha 2/3 pack down the road.

Village

I want announcers from other capcom games in sf

I want the resident evil announcer

Open the shit

" STREET FIGHTER FIIIIIIIIIVE"

Blueblur1

EDZirUs.jpg

Hmm.. If this mock-up has any basis in reality then I would guess that you get to pick between two opponents like in 3rd Strike. Maybe the large selection box is a bonus stage?

kikiribu

i love

streetfighterv_20170933sqx.png

Will they even bother doing bonus stages? That's one staple I don't want to see gone.
One of the leaks from XKira already mentioned bonus stages. No point in having Arcade mode if it isn't going to include the usual stuff like barrel break and car crush

Neoxon

That moment when you realize that there's no yellow color for School Uniform Cammy & your dreams of having all 3 Heathers being referenced are dead.

Cammy has the red & green uniforms, but not the yellow one.

Scotia

Banned
EDZirUs.jpg

Hmm.. If this mock-up has any basis in reality then I would guess that you get to pick between two opponents like in 3rd Strike. Maybe the large selection box is a bonus stage?

This looks pretty cool. Kinda surprised Necalli and 'demon' Necalli are bosses after Bison. I would have thought they'd just move on from Necalli after ASF.

sephi22

I play a lot of Dota , and the costumes there seem fairly balanced. A lot of the odd ball characters also get premium skins and what not. And its not soo skewed to wafus like how Cammy and Chun have more costumes than the rest of the cast combined

This is not true. Dota doesn't have 'waifus' per se, but popular characters like Sven, Juggernaut, Lina etc. get costumes in almost every content update while there are characters with 0 costumes like Jakiro or Viper.

Dota's one of the worst examples you could have chosen. It's a very rich gets richer economy in terms of costumes and that's a common problem on reddit.

Shadoken

This is not true. Dota doesn't have 'waifus' per se, but popular characters like Sven, Juggernaut, Lina etc. get costumes in almost every content update while there are characters with 0 costumes like Jakiro or Viper.

Dota's one of the worst examples you could have chosen. It's a very rich gets richer economy in terms of costumes and that's a common problem on reddit.

Which two characters have like 40% of the games costumes? Ofc popular characters are gonna get more. Point was Chun and Cammy seem to be pretty extreme. On an absolute scale yes there are some characters with 0. But that game also has like 100+ characters.

Surfside

Banned
Throws is what I was concerned about most so I'll try that, thanks. It's definitely a bummer because I was finally feeling ready to play some ranked and move up but now I'm on the IR list. Oh well...

One less Ken online too...happy, haters?!

Well that's like a drop in the ocean man :p

Anyway i hope you get better soon. As i know how aggrevating it can be, wanting to play but not being able to do so.

UncleMeat

Well that's like a drop in the ocean man :p

Anyway i hope you get better soon. As i know how aggrevating it can be, wanting to play but not being able to do so.

Thanks. Ya it sucks but it is just a video game and leaving the house to hang with other humans like a regular jerkoff isn't the end of the world. :D

I did play last night with a stick and it seems possible although maybe not with Ken. He's too reliant on v-skill cancels and longer combos for me to pull off comfortably. I actually found doing Necalli's trial much easier and I never play him.

So ya I'm thinking of learning a less combo intensive character on stick while my thumb heels. Necalli, Guile, Laura are candidates but i'm open to suggestions from anyone. I know Zangief would be decent but I just suck at Gief.

Teh Lurv

Thanks. Ya it sucks but it is just a video game and leaving the house to hang with other humans like a regular jerkoff since I can't play isn't the end of the world. :D

I did play last night with a stick and it seems possible although maybe not with Ken. He's too reliant on v-skill cancels and longer combos for me to pull off comfortably. I actually found doing Necalli's trial much easier and I never play him.

So ya I'm thinking of learning a less combo intensive character on stick while my thumb heels. Necalli, Guile, Laura are candidates but i'm open to suggestions from anyone. I know Zangief would be decent but I just suck at Gief.

I never got comfortable planking the medium/hard buttons for v-skill/v-trigger, so I've since assigned them to the 3P/3K buttons. Instant improvement for me.

Other than gief...maybe Abigail?

Speaking of Necalli, I wound up trying him out vs a real human on a random character BL match. I took to him surprisingly well even though I had to spend the first round re-learning all his specials. Too bad his character design annoys the shit out of me.

Does the thong code removed Gill's shawl too or just his clothes?

Also they finally fixed Urien's "YOU FOOLISH WORM" intro quote. Only took a year.

Neoxon

If you look closely at Juri's CFN render, you can see that Capcom forgot to use the altered/censored version of Juri for said render.

CBCMeX6.png

FluxWaveZ

Does the thong code removed Gill's shawl too or just his clothes?

Also they finally fixed Urien's "YOU FOOLISH WORM" intro quote. Only took a year.

In a previous update—possibly 2.50—they fixed the bug where Mika's pom poms could be heard in her cheerleader alternate costume if the code was used to remove them and have her fight bare handed.

Just saw the colors for the new outfits. Killer Bee might be my personal fave costume here, but I don't know which bothers me more, the fact that her jacket is a tight little thing instead of her old trench coat, or that she doesn't have a baby blue color that references her original costume.

If you look closely at Juri's CFN render, you can see that Capcom forgot to use the altered/censored version of Juri for said render.

CBCMeX6.png
That's weird because it's only the shirt that was censored. The legs were always covered afaik. Maybe they used a mod for that render?

The "Welcome to Street Fighter V!!" at the top of the main menu still has two exclamation marks.
That's more of a "we're too hype to properly grammar" thing. Not only did Urien's sub not match his line, but the sub itself was punctuated wrong.

Top Bottom