• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Playing street fighter 2 turbo for the first time in a decade on the snes classic and I'm reminded why i used to hate ken. I'm glad he's ugly now. It's what he truly deserves.

jett

D-Member
Playing street fighter 2 turbo for the first time in a decade on the snes classic and I'm reminded why i used to hate ken. I'm glad he's ugly now. It's what he truly deserves.

He's been prettified though

rCOR2dF.png

lupinko

Wouldn't be surprised if a huge portion of the "game sux w/o arcade mode" crowd still won't get it, they just wanted something to bitch about.

Nah, that's been replaced with "how come the dlc characters are just codes and not on the disc?"

Scotia

Banned
Found these on Shoryuken:

What is probably Ryu's SF1 arcade ending:

HpiaTZe_d.jpg

And the name of Ryu's second v-trigger but it's unfortunately in Japanese (but someone said it roughly translated to 'Determined' or 'Steadfast':

003.jpg

histopher

Hate to be negative - but why oh why would they portray the Ryu/sagat battle like that?
They know and referenced the perfection of the Animated movie before and now its a bright lovely sunny day with crappy Udon artwork. Wtf?

Demoli

Hate to be negative - but why oh why would they portray the Ryu/sagat battle like that?
They know and referenced the perfection of the Animated movie before and now its a bright lovely sunny day with crappy Udon artwork. Wtf?

Also no bad sportsmanship ryu either.

Scotia

Banned
Yeah I'd expect a lot of retcons with these arcade endings. It's going to be a long day for lore nerds when these arcade modes drop.

Pompadour

Wouldn't be surprised if a huge portion of the "game sux w/o arcade mode" crowd still won't get it, they just wanted something to bitch about.

I'm sure it'll help but yeah, a lot of the people bitching about the lack of Arcade Mode didn't actually care. They weren't going to buy the game either way and shitposting is free.

Having said that, the simple existence of Arcade Mode cuts down the negative image of the game in general so fencesitters might jump in at a reduced price. At the very least it will suck the enthusiasm out of hating this game so when people post on Reddit asking if it's worth buying they won't get shot down by people telling them to wait for [insert upcoming fighting game].

I think Capcom actually approached Arcade Mode in a smart way in SFV. Budget wise, adding animated intros and endings for every character probably wasn't in the cards so it would come off as a step down from SF4. However, giving each character an ending for all six arcade mode paths means you can't compare the two directly.

Honestly, that's the hardest thing facing sequels is that detractors can compare numbers of characters/stages/moves/etc. as an "objective" metric that one game is superior to the other. And it matters in that for casuals a checklist of content sells games.

Yeah I'd expect a lot of retcons with these arcade endings. It's going to be a long day for lore nerds when these arcade modes drop.

Arcade mode endings usually aren't canon or only have a few bits of canon. Hell Ryu has one we've seen already that has him wining sf2 and bison is somehow alive.

Scotia

Banned
Arcade mode endings usually aren't canon or only have a few bits of canon. Hell Ryu has one we've seen already that has him wining sf2 and bison is somehow alive.

Yeah that's a good point, didn't think about that. Still think there'll be some retcons through these endings, seeing as every SF game has something retconned.

Pompadour

What are they going to do for characters that didn't exist during certain games (i.e. Ed)?

It would be interesting if Ibuki's SF ending was mostly about Geki, for example.

Scotia

Banned
What are they going to do for characters that didn't exist during certain games (i.e. Ed)?

It would be interesting if Ibuki's SF ending was mostly about Geki, for example.

I don't know, it's something I've been wondering myself (was talking about it on the discord not too long ago). Like, will Alex get a SF2 ending? Will Bison get a SF3 ending? It's going to be interesting to see what Capcom do.

I want Sean fo season 3... I'm not sure why.

Yay, another one!

dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

Top Bottom