• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Scotia

Banned
I think one of the only SF2 related stages we don’t have yet is Ken’s yacht, so I could maybe see that one being next.

Yeah that's a good point, didn't think about that. Still think there'll be some retcons through these endings, seeing as every SF game has something retconned.

Ryu probably won't get it. I do think we'll finally get confirmation on who got closest to Bison at the end of SF2.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Has anyone ever played this game using Steam in-home streaming? I'm trying to right now just to get some missions done while I don't have access to my main setup but I can't get the fucking controller to work at all, even the 360 pad. The dpad works and the A button acts as the start button/return key but that's it.

I got it to work once a long time ago but that might have been before they updated to support direct input.

Blueblur1

I have quickly set my expectations back to 0. The panel name 'World of Capcom Panel' makes it sound like the panel will just be Capcom folks touching on each of their properties and probably just cover recent announcements. If we're lucky Zeku will be announced on the Twitch stream since the Capcom timeslot is only 30 minutes and promises fighting game coverage. But who knows with Capcom.

Scotia

Banned
Expect costumes and maybe a stage, nothing else. Expecting anything else is setting yourself up for major disappointment.

Blueblur1

We just got a huge costume drop in September so I wouldn't even expect costumes this month. Its very possible SFV AE is their only big SFV announcement this week.

Maybe they'll save Zeku for Asia Regional Finals or for some random midweek announcement in the middle of October.

Yeah I can see some loose ends getting tied up with some of these endings. I’m quite looking forward to them.

I am too, especially if they are making several panels across the board per game (even if some of the characters weren't in the SF1, 2, 3, or 4 era. Wait, how will that work?)

Scotia

Banned
I am too, especially if they are making several panels across the board per game (even if some of the characters weren't in the SF1, 2, 3, or 4 era. Wait, how will that work?)

I've actually been wondering about this today.

vErNGuy.jpg

The highlighted part of the image
that I got from SRK
that's from the Arcade Edition page on the CFN site implies that every character will get an ending comic panel for each character in each path (or game), so who knows if Alex will get an Alpha ending or if Ed will get an SF1 ending. It might just be that you can only play as SF3 characters in the SF3 arcade mode or SF2 characters in the SF2 arcade mode. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

HardRojo

I'm starting to think there'll be some restrictions to those endings, I don't think they've worked on more than 160 endings for the current cast (plus Zeku).

Panel should be starting now, right?

Ryce

I've been thinking that we'll only be able to play as SFI characters in the SFI arcade ladder, SFII characters in the SFII ladder, and so on. It'd limit the number of endings that Udon would have to draw, and there wouldn't be any weird paradoxes like Ibuki having an SFI ending. Everyone would be usable in the main SFV ladder, of course, with the rest being bonuses. This wouldn't bother me -- it's still a lot more than I was expecting.

Scotia

Banned
I've been thinking that we'll only be able to play as SFI characters in the SFI arcade ladder, SFII characters in the SFII ladder, and so on. It'd limit the number of endings that Udon would have to draw, and there wouldn't be any weird paradoxes like Ibuki having an SFI ending. Everyone would be usable in the main SFV ladder, of course, with the rest being bonuses.

Yeah the more I think about it the more this seems way more likely. For characters like Ed who weren't even alive until SF4, then it'd be weird having separate endings for him in games he shouldn't be alive in.

So Ryu and Ken would be the only characters to have an ending for each game.

UncleMeat

We'll probably get the Ken stage today just because I'm FM broke right now and Capcom knows I'd have to spend real money.

I'd also be down for a basketball throwing shoto in season 3.

Devid905

I think I'm in a minority here and say that I don't want Ken's SF2 stage to appear in the game because there's just too many stages from America at the moment :/

SF1 - Ryu, Ken, Sagat, Birdie.
SF2 - SF2 characters
SFA - Pretty much everyone besides the SF4 and SFV people.
SF4 - Pretty much everyone besides Birdie, Karin, Nash, and SFV people.
SFV - Everyone.jpg.

That's still a hefty amount of endings. Like, maybe not as many as we thought but dang.

Scotia

Banned
SF1 - Ryu, Ken, Sagat, Birdie.
SF2 - SF2 characters
SFA - Pretty much everyone besides the SF4 and SFV people.
SF4 - Pretty much everyone besides Birdie, Karin, Nash, and SFV people.
SFV - Everyone.jpg.

That's still a hefty amount of endings. Like, maybe not as many as we thought but dang.

Hang on I'll do the math

Beil

Maybe each character has one ending that they see at the end of whatever course they complete.

Locking characters to certain courses only seems unnecessarily restrictive.

EDIT: just seen the above. LOL.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm glad they're making something substantial of Arcade mode. It would have just been a useless bulletpoint that really achieves nothing, if they added on a version as simple as many expected.

The "bad" thing for Capcom is making one this nice, now raises the stakes for their next games. I hope this creates a new standard for them.

Damn Scotia the god.

I think most of the endings are gonna be just a panel, but that's still fresh. And I wanna know what those in-game cinematics are applied to.

Scotia

Banned
So I just did the math, and if you can only play as characters from their respective games (so, for example, you can only play as Juri in SF4 and SFV) then there's 85 endings in total (I included Zeku, Sagat and Sakura in this as well).

Also, a quick look at SF3's arcade mode which is based off New Generation (which is weird seeing as Urien debuted in Second Impact). Sorry for the terrible printscreen quality:

BrunOz

goddamn 100 endings (In for the retcons lol) and we even got online ranking with rewards, I hope this end up well with challenging AI and stuff.

I love good single player experience in my fighting games and I miss this kind of stuff since when, the PSP?

offline local matches >>>> good single player content >>>> online for me, I'm pretty hyped for this.

Scotia

Banned
Watching some clips from the panel and here's a nice quote from it that I transcribed and think is a decent summary of Arcade Mode from Capcom's mouth itself:

This isn't just ‘pick a character, fight some characters in a row, fight a boss, watch an ending and move on'. There's six different paths themed after each of the Street Fighter [games], so you can pick...there's a Street Fighter 3 themed arcade mode or a Street Fighter 2, or Alpha or 4 and you will actually fight the characters from those games that are in V and there's a few extra touches that make it feel a little bit more special than just ‘Hey we finally released the arcade, here it is.'

Neoxon

I'm confused, was this panel the panel we were waiting for, or is there another Capcom Fighting Games panel coming up?

Pompadour

I wonder if people are gonna get upset that they can't play through every arcade ladder with every character.

Me? I don't give a shit.

Logically, if these endings are supposed to be showing what happened to a character during the time period of a specific game many characters would have shared endings.

Sagat is probably the first S3 character which would mean he'd be released prior to AE. And literally his entire story in SF1 is him getting fucked up by Ryu.

I wonder if people are gonna get upset that they can't play through every arcade ladder with every character.

Me? I don't give a shit.

I really think everyone will be playable in every ladder. There's too many endings otherwise, and it makes more sense to have pointless nonsense endings for some characters than to arbitrarily lock certain characters out of content.

Top Bottom