• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

so wait, i think i remember mention of new characters coming with the new version outside of s3, as part of the update

is that happening or no?

Where is my...
hqdefault.jpg

sfv-23_elena01.jpg

and...

T H A N K Y O U

remz

I'm really fascinated by the Nadeshiko with a chair pic.

I hope juri's new v trigger is good. I like feng shui but it's kind of a win more trigger.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I really hope they dont give elena big tits if they add her in, give her a nice butt if anything but big tits were never her thing she's always been tall and slender

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Going by the current rosters cup sizes, i fathom your chances pretty low.

Menat shows there is some hope, cammy I understand since this is the first time she's been in a game where she would be older and they are not THAT much bigger. The rest of girls have always had a large cup size *on paper at least*

Surfside

Banned
Menat shows there is some hope, cammy I understand since this is the first time she's been in a game where she would be older and they are not THAT much bigger. The rest of girls have always had a large cup size *on paper at least*

I give you Menat, though i wouldn't call her slender.
But she is at least not oversized. So yeah there's hope.

Scrap my previous statement! She has a slander design, thought her mummy costume showed a bigger bust size.

MCD250

If they ever put in Elena first order of business has to be giving her a redesign. She is supposed to be an African princess, so it would be a rare opportunity to introduce some unique or seldom-seem real world clothing styles into the series.

Any stick recommendations? My TE2 is disconnecting so much that I'm dropping combos constantly and it's costing me matches I should have won.

I have no fucking clue why the wire keeps coming loose but tightening the fastener isn't working.

How did Nash train Abel?
Who the hell is Q?
Did Dhalsim avenge his elephant?

Nash never trained Abel, just saw him do a sonic boom in the Alpha series during the ruckus in the Alpha games .Presumably that's when the base was blowing up, so Nash shouldn't have been there given that he died in A2 but Capcom could write it off and say one of the Seth dolls with downloaded data did it.

Q is a tall male with red hair (or was it blonde?) and that's about all we know of him.

For whatever reason, Sim doesn't pursue Rog. Just as well, because Rog ran Shadaloo into bankruptcy during Bison's absence.

Edzi

Any stick recommendations? My TE2 is disconnecting so much that I'm dropping combos constantly and it's costing me matches I should have won.

I have no fucking clue why the wire keeps coming loose but tightening the fastener isn't working.

It's a problem with the design of the cable that comes bundled with their sticks. If you asked for a replacement when mad catz was still around, they would have sent you a nicer braided wire that doesn't have the disconnect issue. I'm not sure if you can find something similar elsewhere since I don't know if anyone else makes TE2 cables, but it's worth looking into it. The regular wire basically leaves room for the plug to move and disconnect even when it's screwed in all the way.

kikiribu

Yeah I actually don't want Elena to have giant boobs in this game. Ibuki's and Menat's seem ok-sized for her especially since she's tall

RIP Mad Catz

I'm a pad player but I've heard very good things about the Qanba Obsidian, Razer Panthera, and Hori RAP4. Panthera especially seems wildly popular at the moment

It's a problem with the design of the cable that comes bundled with their sticks. If you asked for a replacement when mad catz was still around, they would have sent you a nicer braided wire that doesn't have the disconnect issue. I'm not sure if you can find something similar elsewhere since I don't know if anyone else makes TE2 cables, but it's worth looking into it. The regular wire basically leaves room for the plug to move and disconnect even when it's screwed in all the way.

Yeah I actually don't want Elena to have giant boobs in this game. Ibuki's and Menat's seem ok-sized for her especially since she's tall

RIP Mad Catz

I'm a pad player but I've heard very good things about the Qanba Obsidian, Razer Panthera, and Hori RAP4. Panthera especially seems wildly popular at the moment

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into both and see what I can come up with. Ideally I'd just get a replacement cable. Cheaper overall. But given that Madcatz is no more then it'll be a problem. Hopefully I find something, because it's ruining my enjoyment of the game more so than it has before since launch.

By any chance, was this replacement cable that Mad Catz sent to people for their TE2 sticks the purple "Pro" MLG cable? That's braided, so it seems like it's the one.

DunpealD

Its weird looking back on it but I barely touched omega mode.

Omega mode was interesting and definitely an testing bed for SFV. Deejay was very Nash like.
Dictator was really fun to use, he had a command throw that siphoned health and could reflect projectiles with a kick.
There is certainly a possibility that we'll be seeing something from omega mode coming back in SFV:AE.

Alright, I listened to the panel and the person who said Twitter was wrong, the rep the said that there would be announcements on Twitch next week.

MCD250

Yeah, Omega sure feels like a SFV proof concept. SFV Cammy plays a lot like Omega mode Cammy (minus a few moves that I'd be super duper grateful if Capcom brought back kthx).

eTokki Omni or Hori Real Arcade Pro N Hayabusa are nice. Once I went Noir layout I couldn't go back.

JusDoIt

Omega mode was interesting and definitely an testing bed for SFV. Deejay was very Nash like.
Dictator was really fun to use, he had a command throw that siphoned health and could reflect projectiles with a kick.
There is certainly a possibility that we'll be seeing something from omega mode coming back in SFV:AE.

Omega Mode is so slept on.

If Capcom wanted to go full NRS, they could use Extra Battle to allow unlockable Omega Mode versions of characters that could be used in Casuals, Versus, and Arcade mode.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
so wait, i think i remember mention of new characters coming with the new version outside of s3, as part of the update

is that happening or no?

No one know for sure. They said they have more announcements coming tho. I think you're better off to have a low expectation tho.

I asked Ryce once. His answer wasn't very encouraging.

However Ryce don't know any leaks for SFV. It's more of people being pessimist about "free" characters.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Omega Mode is so slept on.

If Capcom wanted to go full NRS, they could use Extra Battle to allow unlockable Omega Mode versions of characters that could be used in Casuals, Versus, and Arcade mode.

This was called World Tour when they did in in A3.

Neoxon

However Ryce don't know any leaks for SFV. It's more of people being pessimist about "free" characters.
It sounds a bit outlandish on paper, so I completely get the pessimism myself. Honestly, I’m not entirely sold on the idea being an actual possibility myself. But I can see the logic behind it & how it fits with Flowtron’s wording.

JusDoIt

This was called World Tour when they did in in A3.

Mos def. Alpha 3 is my platonic ideal for single player content in fighting games. That's why I'm always lowkey suggesting SFV includes Alpha 3 modes.

Using Laura's model as a base is just not going to work right. She's like Gill/Urien costume-wise, wearing nearly nothing but w/o any male/female gaze at work.

PP0eizc.gif

No gaze detected.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It sounds a bit outlandish on paper, so I completely get the pessimism myself. Honestly, I’m not entirely sold on the idea being an actual possibility myself. But I can see the logic behind it & how it fits with Flowtron’s wording.

Yup, it actually sound like that but I don't expect tit but it would be nice if they would put those four characters in the game without taking any spots in season passes! :p

ShinMaruku

If they bring back Dee Jay he needs to be retconned as a kickboxing Usain Bolt clone, To Di World pose and all.

They just need to leave him alone. If they want a kickboxing Jamaican, make a Asuka Campbell copy.
Jamaican and Japanese sprinter

A better one is Alistair Overeem. He's a yaadie too.
20140130120728_5D3_8881.JPG

Top Bottom