• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

jett

D-Member
Just pretend it's Casual. If I don't give a shit about winning or losing I do a lot better.

Yeah that's the thing, changing your state of mind. I usually always do a lot better in casuals...but who knows if that's because the other players are not using their mains. :p

mbpm1

Yeah that's the thing, changing your state of mind. I usually always do a lot better in casuals...but who knows if that's because the other players are not using their mains. :p
I thought the lady was supposed to tell you if they were using their main

Then again the lady also constantly says I'm in the top 1000 players despite that not being true

Then again the lady also constantly says I'm in the top 1000 players despite that not being true

It always sounds like "you're in the top [incoherent mumbling] players" to me. I thought she was just trying to spare my feelings.

FluxWaveZ

You sure she's not saying you're in the top 1000 in your region? That's the usual data that's given to me before a match on both of my accounts.

FluxWaveZ

That's a weak mentality. You'll never win if you don't act like you can. Your defeated before the round starts.

I think Flux is weak to Laura iirc

I'm not weak to Laura, just one particular Laura. It'd be like saying I was weak to Dhalsim because I kept losing to Snafoo in the past.

I'm not weak to Laura, just one particular Laura. It'd be like saying I was weak to Dhalsim because I kept losing to Snafoo in the past.
It was a joke that everyone weak to her since she's an annoying Match up lol...I know you don't like playing her as Mika personally. Don't get so defensive lol.

@Guys I'm off that nonsense. Let's just have fun, although I might be gone for a while taking my fitness to the next level, might not have as much time for SF. Deadlift 350 let's go!

Pompadour

I'm weak to wifi players.

There's a lot of characters that don't work well in desync lag fests. If I'm in one of those, I just press st. HK with Rog until the match is over and I usually win. Some characters need a good connection so that their gimmicks like "reactions", "combos", and "punishes" work.

Of course, that strategy works pretty well regardless of the connection.

jett

D-Member

I can't understand what the lady is saying most of the time.

Marvel

could never
There's a lot of characters that don't work well in desync lag fests. If I'm in one of those, I just press st. HK with Rog until the match is over and I usually win. Some characters need a good connection so that their gimmicks like "reactions", "combos", and "punishes" work.

Of course, that strategy works pretty well regardless of the connection.
Ooh yeah, if things are jittery I go ham with Bison's stHK. CC's everywhere lol.

LakeEarth

I don't mind that Alex's stomps don't cross up, but the hitbox on it is so thin that there are many "dead zones" on the screen that no stomps will reach.

Producer

It even has an air hitbox.

They should either adjust the hitbox on Alex's stomps, or make it so that it's not so unsafe. I think making it -2/3 would be pretty fair.

should be -6 tbh so i can punish with chun cMK. Whats 1 more minus frame gonna do

st lp swat into command grabbing people with Abby is so tasty.

Bonus points if they think you are gonna do it and jump and I think you can maybe get an AA in time after the hit.

Fuck I love this character. Getting used to his slow speed and frames is kinda hard but still having fun.

Actually yeah I'd be fine with taunting being CC.

I was listening to James Chen talk about the input buffer and how it removes the human element. I don't agree with all of it, because people still drop the simplest of shit in this game despite how easy it is, but I do think that maybe the game could add more advanced combos that require more execution. Like Abigail's BHP+HP into another one is fairly difficult to land because the timing is pretty tight. But if you aren't able to do that, there's other stuff you CAN do that's less optimal but still almost as damaging. I think adding a bunch of moves that take some work to link through, or even linking current moves with some real tight timing would go a long way.

V-Cancel stuff is still something I'm game for, but I get that the balance would be really messed up unless they have some easy way of normalizing it.

Playing this game with a 360 controller is an awful experience, MS should be ashamed of that shitty D-Pad... the old Duke Xbox controller D-pad is better than 360...

Also, I hope they up V-Meter gain and buff the V-Skills. Been saying that for a while, but with Reversals possibly coming back into play, I feel like it's not a big deal to let people gain more meter from using their tools.

Edzi

Also, I hope they up V-Meter gain and buff the V-Skills. Been saying that for a while, but with Reversals possibly coming back into play, I feel like it's not a big deal to let people gain more meter from using their tools.

The biggest thing they need to be careful of if the whole v-cancel thing is actually true (fingers still crossed) is to not make it like current v-trigger cancels. Something has to happen to balance it out so people can't just be throwing out crazy moves safely.

What I'd like to see is the ability to select different V-Trigger "modes", which would dictate how your trigger can be used. If you choose mode A, maybe you can use each bar of v-gauge for some kind of cancel (offensive cancels of normals ON HIT so you can extend combos and do fancy shit) and maybe defensive roll cancels ON BLOCK (or in neutral for movement?). Mode B could just be regular V-Reversals + V-Trigger or something. Maybe they could even change the way current V-Trigger cancels work so that they don't cancel on block to make yolo sweeps/pressure safe.

360 pad is fine.

You're like the only person on the planet who has ever said this.

The biggest thing they need to be careful of if the whole v-cancel thing is actually true (fingers still crossed) is to not make it like current v-trigger cancels. Something has to happen to balance it out so people can't just be throwing out crazy moves safely.

What I'd like to see is the ability to select different V-Trigger "modes", which would dictate how your trigger can be used. If you choose mode A, maybe you can use each bar of v-gauge for some kind of cancel (offensive cancels of normals ON HIT so you can extend combos and do fancy shit) and maybe defensive roll cancels ON BLOCK (or in neutral for movement?). Mode B could just be regular V-Reversals + V-Trigger or something. Maybe they could even change the way current V-Trigger cancels work so that they don't cancel on block to make yolo sweeps/pressure safe.

You're like the only person on the planet who has ever said this.

Yeah I don't want it to operate like the current thing where it's super safe. oH into a confirm for a combo would be great, and maybe -oB enough that fucking up is painful. That gives people a reason to continue into their combos and actually land stuff rather than just mashing it out. Maybe waste a bar or a portion of it for doing so.

Changing the current V-Triggers is something I'm against although kinda not since if people are getting v-gauge like crazy, they'll be able to just go right to it and go ham. Maybe whatever defensive measure can be used against the Triggers? I guess it is too safe, and while I don't mind that for some characters, I feel like people just use that as a go-to for comebacks. I just want it to be more organic with some downsides depending on the character.

Actually yeah I'd be fine with taunting being CC.

I was listening to James Chen talk about the input buffer and how it removes the human element. I don't agree with all of it, because people still drop the simplest of shit in this game despite how easy it is, but I do think that maybe the game could add more advanced combos that require more execution. Like Abigail's BHP+HP into another one is fairly difficult to land because the timing is pretty tight. But if you aren't able to do that, there's other stuff you CAN do that's less optimal but still almost as damaging. I think adding a bunch of moves that take some work to link through, or even linking current moves with some real tight timing would go a long way.

V-Cancel stuff is still something I'm game for, but I get that the balance would be really messed up unless they have some easy way of normalizing it.

That move doesn't have the buffer because it's a juggle, not a link.

Top Bottom