• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

That move doesn't have the buffer because it's a juggle, not a link.

Oops, I didn't mean to refer to it as a link. I know Chen was talking about the input buffer but I was generalizing on the overall difficulty of the move compared to other characters.

More juggle points would be great tho. Another good form of execution. I don't think they are going to make combos tighter to do, so they should make some way of adding things in that give you more damage but get you btfo if you fail/drop.

I've seen him use it on tournament streams?
There's plenty of footage out there you can sift through if it's something you really need to know.

JusDoIt

The game should have way more juggles and hard juggles. The nice thing about juggles is dropping them isn't so risky. Drop a link and you might get blown up.

I'm down for 3S juggles in SFV. Give the execution nerds something to masturbate to without taking us back to the dark ages with fake Roman Cancels to extend combos.

A vid from you channel caught my attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF-HTXLHOK4

I just don't get KI. Why would you give a character a move that makes your game look like a mess? I mean, shit, fighting games are trying to make a foothold on TV. If I was channel surfing and saw this shit, I be confused as fuck.
Not everything is designed to be on TV. May I just say I love this new standard of how it would look for someone who doesn't give a shit, channel surfing on TV.

And that move is that way for two reasons. One, it's a throwback to the Kryll in Gears of war since at night when they're around, you can't see SHIT.

And two, It's his instinct, or his comeback factor just like V-Trigger. You need to realize that not only does it make them harder to see you doing shit, it also makes it harder for YOU to see them do shit. If they managed to get a hit in and are doing their setups on you, you'd better be prepared. I've had a situation where I popped his Instinct, and regretted it instantly when a Sadira managed to land a jump in and kept doing left/right/high/low mixups which constantly got me because I couldn't clearly see them.

mbpm1

I've seen him use it on tournament streams?
There's plenty of footage out there you can sift through if it's something you really need to know.
I figured. Good to know

A vid from you channel caught my attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF-HTXLHOK4

I just don't get KI. Why would you give a character a move that makes your game look like a mess? I mean, shit, fighting games are trying to make a foothold on TV. If I was channel surfing and saw this shit, I be confused as fuck.
It's designed to fuck with your ability to see his mixups. It's pretty cool in that way and making you freeze up in fear, like if you were fighting the character in canon. Not good for legibility though, I agree

Marvel

could never
OT but I cannot wait to get my shiny xbox x and play some KI again. I don't have a PC so I'm looking forward to the upgrade it's going to recieve.

I do hope the Steam release gets some fresh blood in and gets some buzz going for where ever the series goes next so that Microsoft will feel more pressure to do something new for KI.

AlexIIDX

Super Bronze scrub here. How do I deal with a Rashid that constantly does Eagle Spike. I play Chun. And is the move where he turns around and hits once with each hand plus?

I think it started off attractive, but the aesthetics took a dive when Double Helix got scooped up by Amazon.
I don't know.

There are only 3 (ok, 4) characters that don't present a level of model and animation quality consistent with the rest of the cast.

Those are Kim Wu, Tusk, Eagle and MAYBE Shin Hisako.

Kim Wu and Tusk's models look downright horrendous. Like when they were first shown off, people truly that they were showing off an old build or something cause she looked plain ugly compared to her art. Nope, it was the final model and she still looks garbage. Same for Tusk. They're both animated well though.

Eagle has a great look but goddamn his animations are R-O-U-G-H. A bit of a shame in a way that he's the last character this game's gonna go out on.

The rest of the cast, and all the stages have definitely maintained the same level of quality though. They all look consistent, like I can believe they're all in the same game.

EDIT: Or maybe I just don't mind it as much?

Skilletor

Kim Wu is one of the characters I wanted to play, so it was extremely noticeable how terrible she looked when I put her up against the rest of the cast.

I wish I could get a damn stick to work without any shenanigans. Have friends that want to play KI.

:/

kirblar

Actually yeah I'd be fine with taunting being CC.

I was listening to James Chen talk about the input buffer and how it removes the human element. I don't agree with all of it, because people still drop the simplest of shit in this game despite how easy it is, but I do think that maybe the game could add more advanced combos that require more execution. Like Abigail's BHP+HP into another one is fairly difficult to land because the timing is pretty tight. But if you aren't able to do that, there's other stuff you CAN do that's less optimal but still almost as damaging. I think adding a bunch of moves that take some work to link through, or even linking current moves with some real tight timing would go a long way.

V-Cancel stuff is still something I'm game for, but I get that the balance would be really messed up unless they have some easy way of normalizing it.
James complains about the removal of the input buffer because James is a lab monster.

KI is coming to steam? Might give it a try then.
Yup, this year.

You'll be able to buy the Definitive Edition (probably for 40$) which includes everything except probably one stage which you have to unlock by playing a REAL SHITTY single player mode which FUCKING SUCKS because it's a PIECE OF SHIT. It's bad.

But no other details have been released though, like whether it includes crossplay with the W10/X1 versions or not. I really hope they do else the communities gonna have a tough time surviving on Steam what with a lot of the existing players already on X1 or W10.

JusDoIt

EDIT: Or maybe I just don't mind it as much?

Probably this. I think the season 1 cast looks leaps and bounds better than the rest of the cast. They just have a level of detail and style not found once IG took over. Once I saw TJ Combo (my main) I knew to lower my expectations.

I think Kilgore looks dope, tho.

Probably this. I think the season 1 cast looks leaps and bounds better than the rest of the cast. They just have a level of detail and style not found once IG took over. Once I saw TJ Combo (my main) I knew to lower my expectations.

I think Kilgore looks dope, tho.
Yeah, Jago's shin guards still blow me away they look so fucking cool. Looking like a tiger opening and closing his mouth as he moves up and down, such a fantastic visual trick. And kilgore is indeed awesome. I think they really nailed Gargos' look too.

JusDoIt

Yeah, Jago's shin guards still blow me away they look so fucking cool. Looking like a tiger opening and closing his mouth as he moves up and down, such a fantastic visual trick.
And kilgore is indede awesome. I think they really nailed Gargos' look too.

Gargos def looks dope.

Yeah, but there's still a point to be had. I just don't want them to go too far with it.

Also a bit late TheSpoiler, but I remember you asking about that F.A.N.G cr.hp.

The higher up the opponent is, the more frame advantage you have and the second hit can be cancelled so you can setup meaty traps and still be able to pressure afterwards or cancel into slide and pressure.

As you can see in one of my matches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmqRrEApdiQ
Is this how youtubers feel, shilling their works?

kirblar

Yeah, but there's still a point to be had. I just don't want them to go too far with it.
I think it's more "put a character in the game that this demographic can have fun w/" rather than "dramatically overhaul the combo system".

MvC:I comes out next month, and I suspect that'll fix a lot of issues for guys like James and Max, simply cause it'll give them a game that better caters to their personal tastes.

Bob White

Kim Wu...hmm, I don't follow KI enough to know. Let me googl--

maxresdefault.jpg

...oh

mbpm1

Yes, lol.

It's basically SFxT's. I really don't get it.

It's more involved than that from what we saw I think. Gems gave you some cheap stuff, but I don't think they completely changed the style you would want to play like this.

It feels like MVCI's Gems in how many things they can do.

Top Bottom