• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

mbpm1

Yeah, it really is a bit weird.

A bit off topic but are the high-hitting moves in SF the ones that can be ducked, like Alex's f+HP, Gief's and Chun's and Ryu's St.hk? Or do you also have high-hitting moves that can't be ducked? I guess I should know if I'm gonna learn Kolin.
Kolins st hk can be ducked
Cammy's st mk looks high hitting but cannot be ducked
I don't think there's a rule

jett

D-Member
I'm super confused about some shit I keep suffering from. Sometimes the game will not recognize multiple button presses. I have L2 set to 3P, but sometimes when I attempt to do an EX move just a regular ass special move comes out. I do have enough EX meter btw. :p Seems to happen much more often these days. Mostly happens when I try to end a combo with Mika's EX peach attack.

vulva

I'm super confused about some shit I keep suffering from. Sometimes the game will not recognize multiple button presses. I have L2 set to 3P, but sometimes when I attempt to do an EX move just a regular ass special move comes out. I do have enough EX meter btw. :p Seems to happen much more often these days. Mostly happens when I try to end a combo with Mika's EX peach attack.

In a case like that, the only thing I can think is if you're already pressing down two punch buttons while hitting the 3P button. It won't let you hit lp twice, so if a button's already held down hitting the 3P won't recognize those ones already being pressed.

Edzi

Anyone wanna tell me why I just got matched with a guy 1500 LP higher than me on Ranked with a L50 character? o_O hello perfect losses.

Because level and lp don't mean anything, it's about leagues.

Level is especially unimportant since it just indicates time spent with the character.

Because level and lp don't mean anything, it's about leagues.

Level is especially unimportant since it just indicates time spent with the character.
He was like 3 leagues above me tho, never seen that before.

Dunno how much longer I can keep trying with this game, I'm about to lucebuce this hoe. The lack of defense is just murder. As much as I hate NRS, the fact you can interrupt combos is something clutch that a stupid-crazy offense-heavy game like SFV needs. I get hit once and it feels like against a capable foe, I've just lost the match. Priority and CC is bonkers, and wake-up is very one-sided in favor of certain characters. I feel like either everyone should have an invincible wakeup (coughSRKcough) or no one should, it leads to some pretty gnarly blenders.

Dunno how much longer I can keep trying with this game, I'm about to lucebuce this hoe. The lack of defense is just murder. As much as I hate NRS, the fact you can interrupt combos is something clutch that a stupid-crazy offense-heavy game like SFV needs. I get hit once and it feels like against a capable foe, I've just lost the match. Priority and CC is bonkers, and wake-up is very one-sided in favor of certain characters. I feel like either everyone should have an invincible wakeup (coughSRKcough) or no one should, it leads to some pretty gnarly blenders.
Don't you play Gief?

jett

D-Member
In a case like that, the only thing I can think is if you're already pressing down two punch buttons while hitting the 3P button. It won't let you hit lp twice, so if a button's already held down hitting the 3P won't recognize those ones already being pressed.

Guess shitty execution is as good a reason as any, heh.

JusDoIt

Combo breakers don't belong in SFV, or any Street Fighter. The combos ain't even that long. Bust a luce, man. You on tilt.

In SF, you shouldn't be able to stop yourself from getting hit if the opponent managed to get a hit on you and is doing a combo.

You SHOULD however have tools to not let your opponent hit you in the first place.

And even with Combo Breakers in KI, the whole system is designed around potential damage. It doesn't matter how many hits your combo has if you don't END the combo with an ender, that health is still in play and doesn't go anywhere.

Teh Lurv

You can't always get people with the same/league as you. Sometimes the system has no choice but to watch you with someone considerably higher/lower.

At least the new CFN is better about it; the old CFN used to occasionally pair me up with silver/gold players when I was still in Bronze league.

JusDoIt

I always love playing people way above my league.

All day, man. I really don't get the mentality of avoiding high level players. Even in ranked. Yeah, you lose points free. But losing 35 points to somebody a couple ranks above you is worth the lessons learned.

XenoRaven

At some point, all developers of any video game with a competitive online component collectively decided that all gamers would rather wait less time for shittier matches rather than wait more time for better matches.

The end result is more time playing, with a side effect of like 10x the frustration.

Pompadour

Kolins st hk can be ducked
Cammy's st mk looks high hitting but cannot be ducked
I don't think there's a rule

Yeah, I don't think the moves are coded to only hit standing opponents. I believe the devs consciously put a height on the crouching hurtboxes of characters so the "high" moves would always miss, which results in silly shit like Abigail's face phasing through kicks.

Brutalities are really freaking awesome. Add that extra swag factor without having to sit through long cinematics + you get to see it in tournaments unlike fatalities.

Also swag points when a player pulls off a brutality that isn't easy to do. Fucking SonicFox. Spacing himself perfectly, doing insane whiff punishes and then pulling off brutalities.

MrCarter

I loved the Babalities.

mk2_reptile_babality.gif

JusDoIt

Brutalities are really freaking awesome. Add that extra swag factor without having to sit through long cinematics + you get to see it in tournaments unlike fatalities.

Also swag points when a player pulls off a brutality that isn't easy to do. Fucking SonicFox. Spacing himself perfectly, doing insane whiff punishes and then pulling off brutalities.

Next MK needs a tournament mode that disables fatalities but allows brutalities.

Also, NRS games gotta do something about losing players pausing and hitting rematch in the middle of a round ending combo. That shit is the worst to watch.

kikiribu

I'd prefer Capcom innovate and introduce something new, like Trolltalities. Just give each character a really weird and incomplete looking animation to finish you off with. Something like Cammy's air throw. Make everyone go, "what just happened?"

mbpm1

I'd prefer Capcom innovate and introduce something new, like Trolltalities. Just give each character a really weird and incomplete looking animation to finish you off with. Something like Cammy's air throw. Make everyone go, "what just happened?"
Please do not take this advice john d

I know you're reading this but no

They went one step further and added an entire character that's a troll. Though I think they replaced him with the random select option, haven't seen him around much.

Still better than Tekken 7's Lucky Chloe, fuck that character.

XenoRaven

They went one step further and added an entire character that's a troll. Though I think they replaced him with the random select option, haven't seen him around much.

Still better than Tekken 7's Lucky Chloe, fuck that character.
You're talking about FANG right

mbpm1

omg my internet went out literally as soon as i got stunned and about to lose in this casual match lol. gonna think i rq'd
I hate when that happens

I've had connection go out right when I missed an anti air and was about to die from a jump in combo. Mad suspicious

MCD250

It's funny how in MKX brutalities and fatalities have basically switched places. In the old games fatalities were a way go kill somebody, and brutalities were a way to kill somebody in gruesome fashion (by beating them up until they explode). But in MKX fatalities have become these goofy, extended, over the top sequences of violence, and brutalities have been simplified into stuff like say, cutting someone's head off at the end of a combo.

I prefer brutalities (or classic fatalities) to modern fatalities too tbh.

So X Kira is saying more new stages and the Barrel Bonus stage are coming as well?

Cammys stage
Uriens Stage
Mikas Stage
Capcom Wrestling stage ?

oh and I guess FANGs stage as well.
Urien is a good character, but his 3S stage is really one of the least impressive stages in the SF3 series as far as I'm concerned. Makes me wonder if they're adding it as a part of new season's story mode update. Gotta hope for Akuma, Alex and Ibuki's stages down the road.

Kashiwaba

Anyone wanna tell me why I just got matched with a guy 1500 LP higher than me on Ranked with a L50 character? o_O hello perfect losses.

Just wait till you get into platinum league and get matched against Master leagues who are 5 leagues above you and it make things worse when you realize he is a pro player from the name lol.

Edzi

Just wait till you get into platinum league and get matched against Master leagues who are 5 leagues above you and it make things worse when you realize he is a pro player from the name lol.

That's the best though, if you win it's like winning the lottery and if you lose who cares.

"Guys, I beat PR Rog in a match it was the best thing ever I'm so fucking good"

*checks replay on Rog's stream*

*rollbacking like a motherfucker*

I imagine that situation actually took place.

Top Bottom