• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Urien is a good character, but his 3S stage is really one of the least impressive stages in the SF3 series as far as I'm concerned. Makes me wonder if they're adding it as a part of new season's story mode update. Gotta hope for Akuma, Alex and Ibuki's stages down the road.
I don't mind it, but the whole Aztec ruin bit is kind of done by the waterfall stage already. 3S was a bit of a step down as far as stage aesthetics went IMO. Ibuki's and Elena's in particular are just bland flat orangeness.

JusDoIt

Urien is a good character, but his 3S stage is really one of the least impressive stages in the SF3 series as far as I'm concerned. Makes me wonder if they're adding it as a part of new season's story mode update. Gotta hope for Akuma, Alex and Ibuki's stages down the road.

Urien's 3S stage is mad boring. Give us his 2nd Impact stage, tho:

maxresdefault.jpg

JusDoIt

That's ... super visuaaly uninteresting and very loud

This is way more interesting that orange and red nothing

hbfvK.gif

We couldn't be further apart from each other on this. Like you hating on my orange and red ruins but give me green and brown ruins. We just Crips and Bloods, cuz.

Scotia

Banned
The stages in 3S are very weak compared to NG and 2I. If Capcom finally decide to remake a stage that's not from SF2, I hope they only stick to NG/2I and the Alpha games.

The stages in 3S are very weak compared to NG and 2I. If Capcom finally decide to remake a stage that's not from SF2, I hope they only stick to NG/2I and the Alpha games.
Dat 3rd Strike music, tho

Give Laura The Longshoreman and give Urien his actual theme and not that crap attempt.

I've given up on getting an actual Kobu theme or Cammy getting her Alpha 2 Gold theme or Vega getting his amazing Alpha 3 theme, since Capcom won't drop the SF2 boner.

Neoxon

I feel like the music kinda makes up for it in 3S if we were to get a remade stage from that game.

Scotia

Banned
I feel like the music kinda makes up for it in 3S if we were to get a remade stage from that game.

Eh, the music in 3S is really good but if I want to listen to it I can just go on YouTube. For me, the stages in 3S are weak af and no music is going to suddenly make it better for me.

JusDoIt

3rd Strike's music was incredible, but I don't want Capcom to keep trying to remake those themes. That style is so specific and lost to time, and attempts to modernize that sound always falls flat. Alex's SFV theme is the best attempt at resurrecting 3S music, and while it's dope it still doesn't have that bounce Jazzy NYC '99 had.

Don't get me started on the atrocious remixes from 3S:OE.

Neoxon

3rd Strike's music was incredible, but I don't want Capcom to keep trying to remake those themes. That style is so specific and lost to time, and attempts to modernize that sound always falls flat. Alex's SFV theme is the best attempt at resurrecting 3S music, and while it's dope it still doesn't have that bounce Jazzy NYC '99 had.

Don't get me started on the atrocious remixes from 3S:OE.
The fact that Alex's remix turned out as good as it did gives me hope for a remix of Urien's theme that's closer to the 3S rendition.

Village

We couldn't be further apart from each other on this. Like you hating on my orange and red ruins but give me green and brown ruins. We just Crips and Bloods, cuz.

No the reason I call it orange and yellow nothing is because there is nothing visually interesting in the stage. If your stage has a unified color pallet that's fine. But its literally nothing of interest, it did ruins poorly. The 3rd strike stage does ancient ruins, or where that is exactly much better and much more interestingly.

Hell Gills stage in 2nd impact does ancient ruins more interestingly than that stage with a better color pallet. That stage is loud non descript annoying noise as a stage

JusDoIt

No the reason I call it orange and yellow nothing is because there is nothing visually interesting in the stage. If your stage has a unified color pallet that's fine. But its literally nothing of interest, it did ruins poorly. The 3rd strike stage does ancient ruins, or where that is exactly much better and much more interestingly.

Hell Gills stage in 2nd impact does ancient ruins more interestingly than that stage with a better color pallet. That stage is loud non descript annoying noise as a stage

Fam, we're just mortal enemies on this. One day one of us is going to lose his head and the other one will get struck by lightning and more powerful, but until that fateful day we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

Fatalities are a shitty concept that shouldn't be replicated in any other game. Brutalities and IKs are done right because they actually affect the match.

I wouldn't mind every character from here on having a stage even if it meant the characters effectively costing 170K FM each. I'd also like to see new stages as well as old. Akuma's stage is some top tier shit, and seeing Sagat get a new take on his ruins or Sakura get a school gym stage would be sick.

Edit: Since you kids are bickering, Urien's 3S stage is better than his 2I stage, but neither are particularly interesting.

jett

D-Member
We need Urien's 3S stage to get an actually decent remix of Crazy Chili Dog.

SFV is missing a foresty stage anyway.

Laura's current theme works better for her than The Longshoreman.

I see how people find the samba and cuica samples annoying, but she's Brazilian and it's a funky dance track.

It kinda sucks that round 2 of her stage theme is basically Decapre's theme, though, because that's perfect for her too.
The round 1 & 2 themes for the Brazil stage are definitely better than what her default music is, for sure.

Brazil round 2 is top tier in SFV.

Alpha had the best stages and music

But the stages where at it's height in CVS

2.png
The London stage and the two boss battles were the only stages in CvS2 that weren't visual vomit or completely boring.

That's my favorite FG but the stages and themes in that game are so bad it's not even funny.

Top Bottom