• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

kikiribu

It's the CapCurse. Notice how Du and Snake didn't get any results until they stopped complaining about the game. Tokido's the biggest fan of the game, and he won Evo.
PR Rog did an interview with BornFree where he admitted he loves the game, and that the only reason he ever hated it was because he kept losing.

A lot of these guys only start whining when they start losing. It's nothing new.

Yeah the ryu i played had the underscore. my cfn is giefstew

I do remember that name. Were you the Laura player that I kept trying to throw? Whatever happened if my play seemed kind of strange, it was because I was so upset last night. I lost the most points I had ever lost during a session and it definitely effected my play.

Man I was so salty last night. I went from just wanting to have a few matches to spending hours trying to regain points that I lost. Then it evolved into me being angry at Capcom for basically giving the entire cast "anti-Ryu" moves. So yeah, it was a pretty lousy night.

Village

A lot of these guys only start whining when they start losing. It's nothing new.

I feel like that's disingenuous, one cuz folks like smug strait shits on the game when he's winnin and loosing, too, the amount of people shitting on the game in general seems like people in general don't like the game. Them winning doesn't really have much to do with it.

Have you seen mike ross with this game, this guy doesn't compete anymore, and sfv makes him miserable. Actively unhappy, to suggest this is a loosing thing seems.. unfair an cruel

kikiribu

I feel like that's disingenuous, one cuz folks like smug strait shits on the game when he's winnin and loosing, too, the amount of people shitting on the game in general seems like people in general don't like the game. Them winning doesn't really have much to do with it.

Have you seen mike ross with this game, this guy doesn't compete anymore, and sfv makes him miserable. Actively unhappy, to suggest this is a loosing thing seems.. unfair an cruel
I said a lot of them, not all of them.

MCD250

saix5ciuibfz.jpg
Wonder who I should main after they cut Cammy's legs off in S3.

DunpealD

I do remember that name. Were you the Laura player that I kept trying to throw? Whatever happened if my play seemed kind of strange, it was because I was so upset last night. I lost the most points I had ever lost during a session and it definitely effected my play.

Man I was so salty last night. I went from just wanting to have a few matches to spending hours trying to regain points that I lost. Then it evolved into me being angry at Capcom for basically giving the entire cast "anti-Ryu" moves. So yeah, it was a pretty lousy night.

Welcome to a hell called Ryu.

mbpm1

Yeah I was a Laura

Well it wasn't a bad idea tbh. I was concerned that I couldn't really get a good sense what you wanted to do it so I just tried to stay away and play on my own terms after a while lol

I think he sacrificed himself to stop Bison.

It didn't do anything.

Yes it did. The story browbeats the fact that he can siphon away psycho energy, among any energy really, because of his gem. They had like a five minute scene with him and Abel, with the latter going berserk and Nash just dealing with it by removing the P energy from him.

Then, later, Bison gets all that energy, and Nash basically suicides to suck out all the excess (tee hee) and it's the only reason Ryu is able to finish Bison off. Even before Ryu hops up to fight, Guile and Chun commentate about Bison's power feeling different after Nash's suckage.

For all the shit the plot gets, rightfully so usually, it's weird this point gets brought up when the storyline makes it painfully clear what his purpose was. But it's not like the story was super engaging so I can't blame people for turning off their brain.

stn

Just so I remember: when are we getting the 30k FM just for logging in to CFN? Is that next month or???

That’s it for July, but stay tuned for August! For all the latest Street Fighter news, make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

We are probably getting it at the end of the month with whatever else comes. Guess we will know fairly soon.

The Nash-Guile dynamic is the single most infuriating aspect of the entire SFV story.

And I say that as a guy who adored how SFIV dealt with Ryu's SnH and hatred how SFV retconned it.

HardRojo

In that clip?

He never used cr.mp in that clip, only st.mp. And that st.mp wasn't a confirmed because it bounced back into aegis and it would've worked regardless of a CH.

Ah you're right (I meant st.MP lol, but the condition is the same for cr.MP, cr.HP only links off of it from a CH of either MP), he only needed to confirm the st.MP and then he kept the combo going, it's still really impressive stuff, Nemo is on point with this character.

Man this game is actually so good. I usually only play 1-2 online matches a day only but it's still enough for me to have a lot of fun. Can't wait for Arcade mode tbh also Abigail is actually a really really fun character vroooooooom

HardRojo

Cameraman and Zhi just shouldn't commentate together.

Zhi just shouldn't commentate. That's it.

I'm gonna have to contact my ISP during the week, wanted to play with some friends tonight but it's impossible and I'm starting to suspect it's my connection. I swear it was completely fine back when new CFN dropped, but now it's back to shitty matches 90% of the time and rollback city even when I'm playing with people in the same city. I'm ashamed to admit I forgot my router settings lol so port forwarding will have to wait for a few days, hopefully I can get it fixed because I'm planning to purchase the S2 pass to practice Abigail and take him for a ride online (heh, cute pun). Also, there's a local CPT tournament coming up here in Lima in 2 weeks (Lima Salty 4) and it seems Jiewa is coming (he contacted a friend who's in charge of the event), I might even get to commentate, so that's nice.

I've mentioned it before but I can't stand Zhi's commentary. His "jokes" are often nonsensical and groan-inducing when they're not just lazy pop culture references, and he leans so hard on "edgy" material sometimes that it makes me reach for the mute button so fast I could stuff a 3-framer.

He'll never have one-fifth the charisma or talent that someone like Yipes has and I'd really appreciate it if he'd either drastically improve or failing that, just leave commentating to people who actually know what they're doing.

Top Bottom