• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

SFV vs USF4 loading time

Wasn't this "fixed" in the CFN update?

They improved it a bit, but not drastically.
However, modded SFV actually loads faster than USFIV on my PC, when measured going from main menu into training mode.

It may be the case that the transition time is fixed to however long the PS4 takes to load a match, but there is also a non-zero chance that Capcom just really wants us to hear that jingle.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Man why can't y'all let ZG shitpost in peace

Y'all always gotta go in on a dude

lol he deserves it

Hey have you made any use of Abigail's standing HK with good spacing as an anti-air or poke? I think you can space it right so it's hard to punish (can't be punished?) even though it's hyper negative on block.

JusDoIt

Netcode is fine to me, needs improvements for sure, but its fine with me.

I just really dont prefer playing underwater.

Basically. Anybody wishing SFV had delay netcode instead of rollback is not a sane person. I'll take the rare teleport match over frequent slow motion hell. I'm down for the fixes Tony Cannon suggested to evenly distribute the rollback across both players, but my experience is generally great.

Hey have you made any use of Abigail's standing HK with good spacing as an anti-air or poke? I think you can space it right so it's hard to punish (can't be punished?) even though it's hyper negative on block.

I really only use it to frustrate people in the corner when I know they don't have a reversal but rarely. As an AA it's actually not too bad because you can get a NTR mixup off of that.

Is it punishable if it whiffs? I don't recall the frames and nobody does so unless they have meter.

mbpm1

I really only use it to frustrate people in the corner when I know they don't have a reversal but rarely. As an AA it's actually not too bad because you can get a NTR mixup off of that.

Is it punishable if it whiffs? I don't recall the frames and nobody does so unless they have meter.
A NTR mixup you say

Hueytothe

Zoning is something else that needs to be fixed in S3,

throws not only need to nerfed on knockdown adv but also on whiff recovery. When I saw Itazan went for an EX Air SPD after a whiffed throw just pissed me off more than being hyped at the moment.
I agree with advantage on knockdown but whiff recovery no way. Its part of a grappler's game plan to anti air them after conditioning to hold up from command throws. Im pretty sure what Itazan does is an OS anyways so they should just remove that instead

kirblar

SFV's set of base cast Battle Costumes (Hot Ryu/Chun, JaknDaxter Cammy, Hippie Zangief, etc.) are $18 on sale w/ PS+. Pretty good price.

kirblar

Throws being near-impossible to whiff-punish on reaction is by design I think to compensate for their tiny range.

Full command grabs are massively punishable.
People used to think throws in sfv were way worse than iv

Lol
Yeah, 5f throws instead of 2f throws is "worse"....until you take away crouch teching and invincible backdashing!

SFV's set of base cast Battle Costumes (Hot Ryu/Chun, JaknDaxter Cammy, Hippie Zangief, etc.) are $18 on sale w/ PS+. Pretty good price.

"Hey Capcom if you bundle stuff on PC I'll buy it"
"Okay"
>Makes CPT 2017 bundle suck
>Only discounts costume bundle on PS4
"Wow thanks"

mbpm1

"Okay"
"Wow thanks"
There were points that came from watching CPR weren't there that also only went to PS4 right

Why must you divide us Capcom

JusDoIt

"Okay"
"Wow thanks"

I'm not so sure the publishers are entirely deciding on PSN or Steam discounts themselves. It seems like something Sony and Valve have influence on.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Am I the only one that thinks SFV's netcode is good? Usually works pretty well for me.

I usually don't have problem but when I faced someone from South America or Mexico, it's so often that it would be lag-fest and rollback-craze matches. It's completely bipolar experience when I get some matches with EU (and maybe JP).

Producer

Am I the only one that thinks SFV's netcode is good? Usually works pretty well for me.

my previous main fg i played online was umvc3. sfv netcode is fucking godlike coming from that. when i heard mvc:i was gonna have same netcode as sfv i legit got happy lmao

LakeEarth

I guess really the only way to avoid it is to match exclusively with PS4-players.

While I always for both PS4 and PC players, I appreciate that the option is there for this kind of bullshit specifically. I turn it on when these problems become common place.

Throws being near-impossible to whiff-punish on reaction is by design I think to compensate for their tiny range.

Yeah, 5f throws instead of 2f throws is "worse"....until you take away crouch teching and invincible backdashing!

Except you know, corner throw loops and Juri's mid screen throw loops.

There is no disadvantage if you can react to whiffed throws.

Hold on now, should this be happening? Like is this easily avoidable?

It's a problem with Windows itself.
IIRC, you can prevent it from happening but it is not trivial to do so.

SkullGirls does something simpler. It just switches to borderless windowed mode during matches so that there is no title-bar for you to click and drag.

HiResDes

Watching The Punk vs Everybody that got recently uploaded on CC and he fights a Karen player who I know I've seen countless times though he changed his name to Sailou but they're treating him like he's a newbie. Anybody know what he used to go by.

kikiribu

Watching The Punk vs Everybody that got recently uploaded on CC and he fights a Karen player who I know I've seen countless times though he changed his name to Sailou but they're treating him like he's a newbie. Anybody know what he used to go by.
Wrathmatics

You put a lot of effort into this posts, but the answer is really simple. If you keep losing frequently, you are in your correct rank. You will rank up (and quickly so) if your skill actually surpasses your peers in a particularly level.

I like ranked because it gives you the most exposure imo to all characters and higher skilled players. But once my win/loss ratio gets anywhere close to 60/40 or 50/50'or worse, I know I have to improve to level up further. Sure, I can grind it everyday and maybe get some fortunate streaks, but I don't really care to level up that way with thousands and thousands of matches, I'd rather just improve, then come back to rank and mop up...until you reach your skill equivalent peers again and repeat the process.

Indeed, I wish i just got matched with nothing lower than a Ultra diamond at this point, but ranking is pretty good IMO. Elite at the top truly are the elite and not just grinders. There's exceptions to this of course.

vg260

Really tempted, but I'm wondering if there really might be a super package if those would be bundled in. I wouldn't expect any of the individual costumes, but for that set, I don't think it would be far-fetched.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Really tempted, but I'm wondering if there really might be a super package if those would be bundled in. I wouldn't expect any of the individual costumes, but for that set, I don't think it would be far-fetched.

It makes sense to include battle costumes for everyone, since that's what character passes include (and I'm assuming at the very least a Super Edition would get you everything the character passes offer). It would be conspicuously stingy of Capcom to do otherwise.

vg260

It makes sense to include battle costumes for everyone, since that's what character passes include (and I'm assuming at the very least a Super Edition would get you everything the character passes offer). It would be conspicuously stingy of Capcom to do otherwise.

Yeah, I'm gonna wait and see. I waited long enough. If they had this bundle for $20 at the start of season 2 or shortly after, I would have bit.

DHUGPnMVwAAVd3f.jpg:small

I finally made it to Diamond! Now it's time to actually learn how to play instead of relying on the same gimmicks over and over again.

Trickster

Using steam family sharing to start over on a new account feels bad. I have to re rank up by going through all these low sklll/new players. I feel like I'm bullying a tiny kid every match :/

Top Bottom