• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

People don't like it when supposed insiders speculate without making it clear what is their own speculation and what is leaked info.

True.

My "insider" said that he knows for a fact something is launching in October and was told that some Anniversary Collection exists, but nothing more specific than that. Gamescom was where his source expected it to be announced.

Edit: This source is a supposed Capcom employee, in case that wasn't clear. This isn't some long ass game of telephone or something like that.

So your source has a source?

This is a Ryce/SaikyoBro situation all over again.

kikiribu

With Capcom, expect the opposite of sense at all times. Just when you think they've learned their lesson, they'll still find a way to make you wait as long as possible. You'll probably find yourself saying things like, "Yeah not even Capcom's gonna be stupid enough to skip this event. Get hype it'll be there fo sho" and then just like that...it's not

I didn't expect anything at Gamescom. I'm surprised we even got a MVCI trailer, regardless of how close it is to release. The only time I expect anything from them is when they update the logo on their FB

kikiribu

Why wouldn't she drop in Sept, if not this month?
It's probably assuming Capcom doesn't want to take the spotlight away from MVCI. At the end of the day, Capcom will go by Capcom time, even if it means breaking their own schedule/roadmap. I don't really think anything's stopping them from releasing her at the end of this month, or in Sept, or in October (nothing but themselves of course).

Why wouldn't she drop in Sept, if not this month?

They said they would reveal dorm and firebrand at gamescom after they showed their cover at the beginning of this month.

They want a buffer month between Zeku and CapCup. November is supposed to be empty so everybody can practice for the tournament.

I heard if Menat couldn't make it for August, she'd probably just be pushed back to release with Zeku in October.

Scotia

Banned
Menat will most likely come out in September, Zeku will most likely come out in November. I highly doubt we get two characters a month apart.

Pompadour

Menat will most likely come out in September, Zeku will most likely come out in November. I highly doubt we get two characters a month apart.

But since characters come out at the end of the month and CapCup is at the very beginning of December wouldn't that mean there would only be a week between Zeku's release and CapCup?

Scotia

Banned
But since characters come out at the end of the month and CapCup is at the very beginning of December wouldn't that mean there would only be a week between Zeku's release and CapCup?

Yeah, but I find Zeku coming out a week before CC far more likely than him coming out a month after Menat. Capcom said that they would stick to releasing a character every other month, and despite Ed's delay messing things up, I still think they're sticking to that.

Pompadour

Yeah, but I find Zeku coming out a week before CC far more likely than him coming out a month after Menat. Capcom said that they would stick to releasing a character every other month, and despite Ed's delay messing things up, I still think they're sticking to that.

Well, maybe we'll get Menat this month after all.

MrCarter

Right, because showing things before they're finished has worked so well for Capcom recently...

Today's audience doesn't appreciate the concept of "work in progress", as seen by the reaction to MvCi and Shenmue III. (especially with regards to Capcom)

Other companies drop mystery season passes, and no one seems to mind. Capcom sees that, and so here we are.

I think when Capcom is probably the most popular fighting game developer but manage to be the least popular in terms of communication things start to get messy because some people's expectations are never met. If they can give a few teasers along the way and actually engaged with their audience it would go a long way as they are clearly there.

Pachinko

I think it'll be both characters at once in October.

And end of December will have the coveted SSFV update.

SSFV beta update in December , playable Sagat and then full launch at the end of January (witg Sakura) with a new retail release in February. 2018 pro tour starts in march , MVCi and SSFV now included. Probably character 3 end of march and character 4 end of may , character 5 end of august and character 6 end of October. Season 4 beta next December.

LakeEarth

I noticed this thread over on SF reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/6vje0e/survival_w_abigail_is_free_fm/

Apparently the Survival mode AI can't deal with Abigail's running moves yet.

Shit, maybe I will buy Abigail after all. I was waiting for a season 2 sale ($40 CDN is past the line for me), but with the rate they're releasing DLC characters, it's going to be a while. I need that platinum, and I still have enough FM for all of the season 2 characters (I don't buy costumes/stages).

Is it hard for Capcom to do an endless beta like Skullgirls?

Every month they can debut the charecters and test them before being released.

But going how Capcom did the last CFN beta, yeah it's hard for them.

Top Bottom