• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

SlimXx

Flux, to address your question about CCing Chun Li with Abigail's 20f stand fierce after blocking her -16 EX SBK, as far as I can tell, there's only two possible scenarios where that could happen (one being particularly unlikely).

First, if you're at just the right range, you will be pushed away after blocking the first two hits and the second two hits whiff, giving you more time to press the fierce. It's a pretty specific distance, though.

Beyond that, according to the hitboxes on Chun's EX SBK, the fourth/last hit only hits in front of her, rather than on both sides like the first three hits. If you somehow ended up switching sides with her right as she started the EX SBK but still in a position to block it, that fourth hit could seemingly whiff. But the few scenarios I tested couldn't get her to EX SBK the wrong direction while still keeping Abigail close enough to block it.

If you're certain you blocked all four hits of the EX SBK at close range and still had time to CC with stand fierce, either the Chun player mashed something right as the EX SBK ended, or you were in some bizarre scenario that I'd have to see to posit an explanation.

mbpm1

Nash recovery is 41f vs kolin's 33 and he's vulnerable to strikes in the last few frames.

She has 7 recovery frames where she's vulnerable to be hit and goes nowhere. Nash has 2 frames by comparison.

I'll take Nash's v-reversal over Kolin's any day of any week of any year

joe2187

Banned
Honestly I think Fangs V reversal needs work, since I have soooooo much time to punish it and it's probably the most easy to react to. At least cammy's is instant, I just missed the fact that it used to do knockdown.

Mika still has the best V reversal in the game.

mbpm1

Honestly I think Fangs V reversal needs work, since I have soooooo much time to punish it and it's probably the most easy to react to. At least cammy's is instant, I just missed the fact that it used to do knockdown.

Mika still has the best V reversal in the game.

You aren't punishing FANG's v-reversal

He's invincible the whole way through

Shadoken

yeah but kolin travels probably like half the distance nash does

nah they are about the same. The main advantage of Nash over chars like Rashid,Fang,Kolin in S1 was that he would go futher but the trade off was more recovery.

When they nerfed the distance they din change the frame data , so now its just really bad.

Trickster

Trying to get a match in the middle of the night in the EU is pretty rough. Having the match I finally get be against fucking Abigail kinda makes me want to kill someone though

Edit - Oh great, another fucking Abigail

Edit - And immediately another again

Trying to get a match in the middle of the night in the EU is pretty rough. Having the match I finally get be against fucking Abigail kinda makes me want to kill someone though

Edit - Oh great, another fucking Abigail

Edit - And immediately another again

Did you ever port forward, fam?

HardRojo

Ok, so there'll be a CPT tournament here in Lima this weekend and I'll be commentating during pools on Saturday and during Top 8 on Sunday. I need some updates regarding match-up knowledge, the frame data I can read by myself, but I'm not sure where to look for info regarding match-ups for the most common characters. Any help? :D

Ryce

Abigail concept art
epeVHRO.jpg
3yjjUWO.jpg
tEpKabg.jpg
bXbCwV1.jpg
1sFR0kl.jpg
RqeOMYg.jpg

Started playing again (thus subbed to the latest OT).

Managed to get 5th at my locals last night. There's a Rashid there called Daniel Dillips with over 20,000 LP who's been giving me some pointers for my Rashid.

Why do people say Alex is bad? Dude is one of the characters that fucks me up the most by far along with Abigail

Because in a game thats currently all about pressure and being in your face, most of Alex's moves reset him to neutral which would be fine buuut his best normals used in the nuetral game (cr.MP, st.MK, cr.MK) are really slow compared to most of the cast and I believe have some linger hurtboxes.

Combine these slow normals, bad oki, bad wakeup options, and you have a low-tier character in SFV. Theres some other issues with him, but I feel that those 3 are his overall issues.

Trickster

Because in a game thats currently all about pressure and being in your face, most of Alex's moves reset him to neutral which would be fine buuut his best normals used in the nuetral game (cr.MP, st.MK, cr.MK) are really slow compared to most of the cast and I believe have some linger hurtboxes.

Combine these slow normals, bad oki, bad wakeup options, and you have a low-tier character in SFV. Theres some other issues with him, but I feel that those 3 are his overall issues.

I see, sounds like he deals with the same issue that Mika does. But I guess I just feel like he's much more scary to face than any Mika. Definitely has a way better v trigger

Off note - Why the FUCK, does Zangiefs grab beat my freaking super?

Off note - Why the FUCK, does Zangiefs grab beat my freaking super?
That shouldn't be happening. Only situation I can think of where that can happen is that the grab came out before the super was inputted.

EDIT: Perhaps it's some perfect fuckery where the Super was active during the startup Zangief's EX SPD, and when the EX SPD became active the invincibility of the CA wore off? EX SPD is grab invincible during startup.

Mika's CA has 3 frames of startup and 2 active frames while the EX SPD has 5 frames of grab invincible startup. This is a possibility.

Torry

Neo Member
I just fought a silver ranked F.A.N.G player named POISON_RAPIST, all caps.

I have big hopes for the future of the F.A.N.G army.

Only the undesirables are left.

The Official Union of F.A.N.G players do not recognize this miserable crap basket. This person does not represent the interests of our group, which is to spread the wonder of poison throughout the world.

Trickster

That shouldn't be happening. Only situation I can think of where that can happen is that the grab came out before the super was inputted.

EDIT: Perhaps it's some perfect fuckery where the Super was active during the startup Zangief's EX SPD, and when the EX SPD became active the invincibility of the CA wore off? EX SPD is grab invincible during startup.

Mika's CA has 3 frames of startup and 2 active frames while the EX SPD has 5 frames of grab invincible startup. This is a possibility.

I'll be honest and say I don't fully understand what you saying :p

But the Zangief definitely started the grab before my super, guess that might have caused some super tiny window where it'd cause the super to lose

Torry

Neo Member
But he can't just be thrown aside from the Brotherhood just like that. What if his love for poison is just that great? To literally wanting to penetrate the poison without it's consent?

At least he has one of the better Vtrigger and good damage output. Unlike a certain character who is actually dead.

FANG

I'll be honest and say I don't fully understand what you saying :p

But the Zangief definitely started the grab before my super, guess that might have caused some super tiny window where it'd cause the super to lose
Yeah, looking at the frames it's possible you started the super when he was still on the first frame of his grab and it lead to a perfect storm of fuckery leading to your CA getting beat. Boy that must have felt great.

But he can't just be thrown aside from the Brotherhood just like that. What if his love for poison is just that great? To literally wanting to penetrate the poison without it's consent?
Simply because we are villains does not mean we are evil.

We will give him time to change his ways but without reform, he will not be allowed to represent us. This behaviour shall not stand
at 222 cm

May your Poison be lethal, brother.

At least he has one of the better Vtrigger and good damage output. Unlike a certain character who is actually dead.
Oh another ZB post about Nas...
FANG
oh dear.

Top Bottom