• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V players: Would you buy a yearly "Costumes Season Pass"?

I was reading the other thread yesterday and seeing all the new contents I was beginning to think about getting the season pass, when I read that none of these stuff were included in it.

That's when I thought of this, what if Capcom released a "Costumes Season Pass" at the end of each year? I would definitely buy something like that if its priced right.

Let's take look at the current Season Pass and how much does it cost. 6 characters, 6 costumes and one stage for $30. Okay, now if we take out the characters and stage and add more costumes to it I think something between $30-$40 should be a fair price.

So, here is what I would suggest and like to see Capcom do with Street Fighter V's Season Passes.

At the start of each year:
  • Normal season pass- $30 - All new characters for season x + 1 or 2 costumes for everyone + a stage

At the end of each year:
  • Costumes season pass for year x - $35 - All new costumes that has been released during season (year) x for SFV
  • Stages season pass for year x - $15 - All new stages that has been released during season x of SFV
  • Costumes + Stages season pass for year x - $45
  • Character season pass for year x - $25 - All new characters that has been released during season x of SFV
  • Complete season pass for year x - $60 - Includes everything that has been released for SFV during year x

The prices might go a little up or down depending on the amount of contents that is released in each category during a year.

I think this would be a really good way for both Capcom and players to support SFV. By releasing these season passes at the end of each year Capcom makes sure that the more active players buy the contents that they want through out the year (I mean you don't wait 10 months to get a costume that you really like for your main, right?) while others who like to use their fight money to buy characters, have an option to complete their games without the need to buy a season pass that includes the stuff that they've already bought with fight money.

So, what do you guys think? Would you buy these kind of season passes? And if so, what kind of prices do you guys think would work with them?

If the price is reasonable then honestly, yes
But capcom would first need to prove that the costumes will maintain a certain standard of quality because from the first batch,some premium costumes are a hell of a lot worse than the others. Like fang's.

entremet

The fact that colors are not included in costume purchases is a fucking travesty.

I won't be buying any until Capcom fixes that nonsense. I tried playing Survival. It was boring and tedious and I got disconnects frequently, which makes you start over.

What The Hell?!

Eolz

There's no way a costume season pass would be only 15$, even if it was only 10 new costumes per year.
The thing is, I'm not even sure Capcom is planning well enough to know which costumes and how many will be made 3 months from now.

IvorB

So instead of arguing that all the DLC should be included in the season pass, OP is suggesting that they sell additional season passes to cover that content. My word, no wonder game devs feel free to take the piss with this kind of thinking.

So instead of arguing that all the DLC should be included in the season pass, OP is suggesting that they sell additional season passes to cover that content. My word, no wonder game devs feel free to take the piss with this kind of thinking.
I DID suggest a complete season pass in the OP:
Complete season pass for year x - $40 - Includes everything that has been released for SFV during year x

Pompadour

Do we really want to buy a $100+ season pass and just prevent people from saving money on the gameplay important items (characters) when they don't care about cosmetics.

No just 6 costumes. Also they're like 4 each so a season pass for 15 guarantees no one would buy them until that comes out
Huh? Wait a second, doesn't the current season pass include all Premium Costumes? I was under the impression that you'll get the Premium Costumes with the season pass.

OrochiJR

Gold Member
I would gladly pay 40 for a full costume pass each year. The current price model is horrible for completionists who want to have them all. The ones currently available cost roughly the same as the full price game, and it's only the first wave.

Also there NEEDS to be another option for unlocking colors. Like win a ranked match with one character for a color or something.

Huh? Wait a second, doesn't the current season pass include all Premium Costumes? I was under the impression that you'll get the Premium Costumes with the season pass.

Only for the 6 season pass characters. So there are still the 16 premium costumes with 4€/$ per costume to buy.

The season pass only contains 6 additional characters: Alex, Guile, Ibuki, Balrog, Juri, and Urien, each with a premium alternate costume, for Street Fighter® V.

Ivan 3414

When games like Tekken give you exhaustive customization options for free, no way would I even think about touching a goddamn costume season pass

I don't own SFV

Okay I updated OP with new prices.

$35 for costumes
$15 for stages
$45 for stages + costumes
$25 for characters
$60 for everything

That should be more realistic, right?

Mike M

Nick N
SFV's costume prices are ludicrous. $4 for a single costume when SF4 got you, what, five costumes for that price? And you have to grind for the alternate colors?

Eat a bag of dicks, Capcom. I love SF, and I loved 4's costumes, but fuck this noise.

entremet

SFV's costume prices are ludicrous. $4 for a single costume when SF4 got you, what, five costumes for that price? And you have to grind for the alternate colors?

Eat a bag of dicks, Capcom. I love SF, and I loved 4's costumes, but fuck this noise.

They're not getting SFIV sales, so they're doubling down on smartphone pay scheme nonsense.

I don't like a vast majority of what they've put out so far so no. I'm sure someone would pay for this though.

They need to put the costumes in pack at the very least, compared to what they charged in SFIV what they're pulling now is completely absurd.

Filter

Most of the costumes just dress the female characters up as skanks.
I guess some people pay extra for that shit.

OrochiJR

Gold Member

This sums up the whole tragedy. I bought all the DLC and all the incarnations of SF4, and never felt that I didn't get my money's worth. But the SFV pricing model is just too much. It's F2P in disguise, ignoring that we already paid a 60€/$ (or 90 with season pass) entry fee.

I'm not spending another dime on costumes after I spent 4 bucks and only got colors 1 and 2. I've completed Hard Survival Mode once (with fight request on) and I never intend on doing it again. Survival Mode being the only method to unlock colors 3-10 is a joke. Funniest part is that I'm sure plenty of people would pay for those colors too.

DR2K

Banned
When games like Tekken give you exhaustive customization options for free, no way would I even think about touching a goddamn costume season pass

I don't own SFV

The difference between a customized outfit and premium outfit are night and day visually. I'm talking about the last few Tekkens alone.

Isomac

30€ for characters, stages and costumes. Basically all that is new at that seasons time. I hate season passes that make you still buy costumes or something else.

J-Skee

Some kind of bundle would help. $4 for each outfit is insane. And you can't get the premium ones with fight money. And they need to come with colors. God bless the soul who unlocks every single color for every single outfit in Survival.

Xav

I ain't paying for shit.

Do what Namco has been doing for years. One main costume and then one alternative unlocked from the start.

That's it. Job done.... maybe add in a colour editor if you're feeling kind.

Pompadour

If I'm spending dollars on a pass I should be getting everything. Dont Nickel and dime us.

No one would buy a $100+ season pass. If we're taking into account the full prices of every piece of DLC we have announced so far, we got:

6 Characters: $35.94
3 New Stages: $11.97
3 Alternate Stages: $5.97
22 Story Costumes: $43.78
22 Premium Costumes: $88

That's not even including things like the Summer costumes (which there seems to be at least five) and the few Luxury costumes. Those all probably cost $4. So the total is probably around $213.66 for just the things that have been revealed in some form and I'm also probably forgetting a few things.

So no, even if a lot of this stuff is overpriced a $30 season pass shouldn't cover all of this. And even if you give everyone a 50% discount a $100 season pass is a season pass no one is going to buy.

Neoxon

Depends on the quality of the costumes. If they're Summer Karin/Hot Ryu/Macho Man Randy Zangief/Fancy Chun-Li good, then I don't see why not. Though I'd prefer a complete Season Pass for $40-50.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
No. I don't really care much about cosmetic stuff. I'll just buy the pass for the characters and stick with costumes included or that I can get with FM.

Most of the premium stuff is really good, so if it was all that quality and less of Ibuki's realy fucking shit premium costume then I would.

But currently I'm too poor for the £25 season pass so I've had to drop Alex. Yeah sure I could buy him with FM but I'm the kind of person who wants the full roster and not just some.

Neoxon

Most of the premium stuff is really good, so if it was all that quality and less of Ibuki's realy fucking shit premium costume then I would.

But currently I'm too poor for the £25 season pass so I've had to drop Alex. Yeah sure I could buy him with FM but I'm the kind of person who wants the full roster and not just some.
I know that feeling, man. When it comes to DLC characters & stages, I'm a completionist.

Alucrid

Banned
Then don't bother with the season pass. Just get the 600k FM for the new characters. It's not hard with all the methods to get fight money at this point.

I have enough for five and I haven't done the majority of survival, trials, or finished the story mode yet (which I think nets you 80k or so alone with both difficulties).
Yep minus the few costumes I bought I'd have 500k and only did all easy and 3 normal survival

Nah, as it stands you have to earn colors through a garbage mode, and im not paying the price of a video game for minimum work costumes.

I have enough for five and I haven't done the majority of survival, trials, or finished the story mode yet (which I think nets you 80k or so alone with both difficulties).
The general story mode nets you a total of 80k

30k for the regular playthrough, and 80k for the extra difficulty playthrough.

OVDRobo

No. Capcom are way too inconsistent when it comes to costume design for me to buy in and say that I want every single one before they are released.

I prefer the current system of letting us buy individual costumes that we think look good and ignoring the ones that don't. This way, I don't have to pay money for costumes like Battle Outfit Ken.

They're overpriced for what they are, but at least this way I'm not paying for stuff I'll actively avoid.

nded

I dunno about a season pass, but a discount for a bundle or buying multiple costumes at once would be fine by me.

Pompadour

I actually preferred SFxT's pricing method than SF4's. You could buy each costume individually and they were more expensive, per, costume, than SF4 but I'd buy a pack for one costume and be stuck with a few I had no interest in. So even if it was a better value that value was meaningless to me because those extra costumes were for characters I didn't play.

SFV has the SFxT method but, unfortunately, the costumes are 400% more expensive. I imagine they'll do sales eventually so I'll just wait for that.

No, they should be free.

Also, the game itself should be free because why pay for anything.

Top Bottom