• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V players: Would you buy a yearly "Costumes Season Pass"?

so each character is 600 zenny or $6 which is true. each costume is 400 zenny or $4 which is true. and this shit was all posted months before sf v released. so you knew exactly what you were getting and the value of it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...v-f-a-n-g-revealed-season-pass-on-sale-today/

First time I've ever seen the Zenny prices.

Was it on the store page for the Season Pass at any point?

I'll concede that I was wrong about it never being declared, but idk I still don't think it's the fault of the consumers for not checking capcom's blog for details of a system that never actually came to fruition.

vg260

I typically buy all the costumes in the biggest bundles offered.

I would happily buy all-in bundles again or in a costume pass for SFV if they were reasonably priced.

Currently, the price of the only purchase method offered now is insulting, regardless of the other stuff you can earn with Fight Money. $4 per character is about a 400% markup based on what SFIV/Super/Ultra and what every other fighter charges, which is around $1 per character on average (or less). DOA was about the twice the average, and it's crazy Capcom has the gall to charge twice that.

They're losing a lot of money on costumes from me, as I'm not buying anything until they offer some reasonable pricing.

What makes things more egregious is that even if you buy a $4 costume, you only get 2 colors unlocked and have to grind the horrible survival and hope you get lucky.

I'm guessing they're keeping quiet on plans for a while to get impatient people to burn their fight money and pick them up a la carte at the high individual price. If I remember correctly, for SFIV and MvC3, they didn't offer full sets until a few months after the individual packs came out.

First time I've ever seen the Zenny prices.

Was it on the store page for the Season Pass at any point?

I'll concede that I was wrong about it never being declared, but idk I still don't think it's the fault of the consumers for not checking capcom's blog for details of a system that never actually came to fruition.

When the consumer openly admits they didn't check what the season pass would contain even though it was very clearly outlined and then feels cheated, then there's no one for them to blame but themselves. A quick "SFV season pass" google search will tell you what you need to know in 30 seconds.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
No one is arguing the supposed value of the 30$ season pass, but your post implied that you didn't know exactly what you were getting. If you did know what you were getting and still felt cheated, then OK, that's your prerogative.

But if you didn't know then you can't blame Capcom for that as they were explicit in what the season pass contained.

No but I can blame them for being greedy, regardless of my own experience.

When the consumer openly admits they didn't check what the season pass would contain even though it was very clearly outlined and then feels cheated, then there's no one for them to blame but themselves. A quick "SFV season pass" google search will tell you what you need to know in 30 seconds.

Fair. I just think with how Capcom actually handled shipping that content I'm willing to give the consumer the benefit of the doubt a little more.

vg260

I think they should do it because there's clearly a sizeable portion of the gaming community that has OCD and needs to have everything. Might as well get their money if they aren't going to buy DLC separately.

No need to turn it into bashing those who like all the cosmetic content. Considering there were arguably reasonably priced items compared to the other games in the genre and discounted ways to get all the cosmetics in their previous games, I don't think it's asking that much for reasonable, consistent pricing with this game.

I don't think a "you are not supposed to ever have everything" pricing approach is a good one. If some people want to buy in big quantities, they should be encouraging that unlike their pricing is doing now.

Pompadour

No need to turn it into bashing those who like all the cosmetic content. Considering there were arguably reasonably priced items compared to the other games in the genre and discounted ways to get all the cosmetics in their previous games, I don't think it's asking that much for reasonable, consistent pricing with this game.

I don't think a "you are not supposed to ever have everything" pricing approach is a good one. If some people want to buy in big quantities, they should be encouraging that unlike their pricing is doing now.

I'm fine with bundles and I'm sure they'll be available eventually, including sales on all the DLC. I don't realistically have any use for costumes for characters I don't play but I don't begrudge people who want to collect everything.

KingBroly

Banned
It's the same as when they announced it before release. 6 characters and a premium costume for those 6. Only now there's a Guile stage added for no additional charge.

Again, I haven't followed the Season Pass. So yeah, I know that now. But when you see "Season Pass" you go 'oh, that's all the main DLC they release for the next year or whatever' then you don't really care otherwise.

It just makes the lack of a Costume Bundle or a Stage Bundle all the more baffling, considering how everything's being priced.

Again, I haven't followed the Season Pass. So yeah, I know that now. But when you see "Season Pass" you go 'oh, that's all the main DLC they release for the next year or whatever' then you don't really care otherwise.

It just makes the lack of a Costume Bundle or a Stage Bundle all the more baffling, considering how everything's being priced.

It's possible that they want to hold off on selling Bundles until all of it is ready and available. I'm guessing the Juri and Urien updates will include stuff that they'll want to sell too.

They really need to include stuff in bundles if they want to move large amounts of these cosmetic DLCs. I'm definitely not paying 4$ a pop for costumes when the characters I like don't even have any good costumes. I'd be all over a bundle though.

I use maybe 5 characters at most, it would be cheaper for me to pick and choose. Character specific costume bundles would be great but hard to do since we're not sure how many costumes a character will eventually get, after hopefully years of support. I'm already $4 in with Karin bikini and it's great I haven't ran into another premium costume online other than derpy short hair ken. It makes the costumes feel more special because people are too cheap. Oh and the colors also feel special too because you have to be crazy you beat survival.

Pompadour

It's possible that they want to hold off on selling Bundles until all of it is ready and available. I'm guessing the Juri and Urien updates will include stuff that they'll want to sell too.

They really need to include stuff in bundles if they want to move large amounts of these cosmetic DLCs. I'm definitely not paying 4$ a pop for costumes when the characters I like don't even have any good costumes. I'd be all over a bundle though.

Well, we all know why they aren't releasing a bundle immediately because some people will buy all the costumes individually. The bundle will happen eventually.

vg260

I use maybe 5 characters at most, it would be cheaper for me to pick and choose. Character specific costume bundles would be great but hard to do since we're not sure how many costumes a character will eventually get, after hopefully years of support. I'm already $4 in with Karin bikini and it's great I haven't ran into another premium costume online other than derpy short hair ken. It makes the costumes feel more special because people are too cheap. Oh and the colors also feel special too because you have to be crazy you beat survival.

I couldn't disagree more with this being a positive. It's too far skewed toward super expensive and ridiculously tedious to obtain. They're pricing out and pissing off too many people currently.

KingBroly

Banned

They need to put it on the store front directly, already instead of hiding it in-game.

To be perfectly honest I think most costume mods are far better then Capcom's... don't see myself ever buying any of the costumes in this game with real money

Dartastic

I bought two costumes already. Laura and Mika. I want to buy Chun and Karin. I'm part of the problem. -.-

I bought the season pass also and I'm very glad I did. Got to use my fight money for stages and I LOVE Ibuki's costume.

ShinMaruku

In regards to costumes in this game, the highs are SO FUCKING high.

And the lows are miserably low.

Their high can't match Team Ninja's highs though. But that's because team ninja invest greatly into their pipeline. Capcom would have to too. The pay off is great though because no fighting game makes money like doa.

HotHamBoy

Like DOA5 LR's?

Hell no.

You know, I used to think DOA5's $2 skins were way over priced.

Then Capcom was like, "$4 skins. We eSports now."

JP_

Banned
The costumes have been some of the most disappointing content in the game for me personally, so no.

If they start offering costume packs, I might buy some.

Until then, it's far too much money to buy every single premium costume. I'll just get the ones I want and call it good.

I'd buy a costume and stage pass or bundle on an annual basis if it floats around $30 for both stages and costumes, probably in addition to an actual character season pass. I do like the majority of costumes so far.

Zackat

If they start offering costume packs, I might buy some.

Until then, it's far too much money to buy every single premium costume. I'll just get the ones I want and call it good.

Do people really want every costume? I just bought Birdie and Laura's costume (I would've bought Ken's but it is ass) because I play them.

Seems strange to me to buy costumes for characters you don't play.

Do people really want every costume? I just bought Birdie and Laura's costume (I would've bought Ken's but it is ass) because I play them.

Seems strange to me to buy costumes for characters you don't play.

As somebody who occasionally hosts fighting game meetups, I do like to buy alternate costumes and alternate colors for every character; just so that the ones who play said characters may have their costume or color. Now, I don't get every single piece of costume DLC that exists, just enough so that every character has at least one.

Top Bottom