• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stretch Panic - what am I missing?

Nozi

Banned
I was always a big treasure fan and remember being excited when I first picked this up, but it never really made sense to me. The concept was cool and so on, but the game didn't seem much fun, am I missing something?

duckroll

Leondexter said:
That's not the only bad Treasure game. Treasure is incredible at making shooters, but hit-and-miss with anything else.

Not really. Even with shooters they're hit and miss. Look at Dragon Drive and Silpheed PS2 for great examples of misses. Yet they can do stuff like Ikaruga and Gradius V in the same generation, and on the same consoles! :lol

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
it's more like a sketch than a finished game, but if you can get the hang of the controls, some of the boss battles are pretty interesting. perhaps it's worth sticking with if you're a treasure fan. i like it for its stylistic echoes of dynamite headdy and silhouette mirage.

MrDaravon

duckroll said:
Not really. Even with shooters they're hit and miss. Look at Dragon Drive and Silpheed PS2 for great examples of misses. Yet they can do stuff like Ikaruga and Gradius V in the same generation, and on the same consoles! :lol

I was actually playing Silhpeed PS2 like 4 hours ago, it's not bad. It's not EXCELLENT or anything, but I'd certainly recommend it for the $6 it goes for at GS/EB.

mosaic

go eat paint
You're missing nothing. Stretch Panic is garbage.

It's like the old Acoustinauts song, "Inhale Einstein, Exhale Hitler"... sometimes you have to put out a turd to keep the genius alive.

Top Bottom