• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strike TWO for Beyonce. NFL says power was "fluctuating" during her rehearsals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silkworm

Next year should have someone who can entertain just through their music rather than rely on dancing and light shows.

Well there won't be a halftime show in the stadium since it'll be in New Jersey/New York area (too cold). Not sure what they'll do to fill the time but I'm guessing they'll air a performance at a local concert arena which opens up the choices of who'll perform I suppose.

there was only one queen performing on that stage that night

untitled-22i5ulb.gif

Rey Mysterio?

KHarvey16

Well there won't be a halftime show in the stadium since it'll be in New Jersey/New York area (too cold). Not sure what they'll do to fill the time but I'm guessing they'll air a performance at a local concert arena which opens up the choices of who'll perform I suppose.

Unless it's a blizzard there's still gonna be a halftime show. You can count on that.

Silkworm

Unless it's a blizzard there's still gonna be a halftime show. You can count on that.

Well I guess seeing someone perform in the snow could add a new dimension of hilarity :-D At least there won't be a chance for wardrobe malfunction and likely will involve all lip syncing.. woo :p

Majmun

No surprise. Didn't ya'll feel her amazing energy when she performed??? Only she can do this stuff.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Read title as "flatulating." No it's not even close but I'm still going with it.

MIMIC

Banned
On CNN, they said that there were already concerns about the stadium's circuitry months before the Super Bowl (lol, didn't know that)

Perhaps Beyonce's performance was the thing that tipped the scales. Not exactly her fault (if true), but still lulzworthy.

Zoolader

I was watching CNN last night and this came up. It was dismissed because supposedly Beyonce's performance was powered by a separate power source during the half-time show. They had some columnist corroborate the story I think.

Later on I turn on fox and a host talking about it, and basically the host was like "Beyonc, you all know her as Beyoncé, is she to blame for the BLACK out? The lights went out 2 minutes after her performance, jajajaja what do you think!"

What a troll purposely fucking her name up. Fox news, world troll headquarters.

.GqueB.

Banned
I was watching CNN last night and this came up. It was dismissed because supposedly Beyonce's performance was powered by a separate power source during the half-time show. They had some columnist corroborate the story I think.

Later on I turn on fox and a host talking about it, and basically the host was like "Beyonc, you all know her as Beyoncé, is she to blame for the BLACK out? The lights went out 2 minutes after her performance, yaaaa right good one what do you think."

What a troll purposely fucking her name up. Fox news, world troll headquarters.

Would it even be HER fault? This story is weird. That outage was an act of god and nothing more. He wanted to see a good game and that's what he provided.

sn00zer

Totally Beyonce's fault and not the technicians who designed the show, the electronics...and pretty much anything that didnt have to do with singing

MIMIC

Banned
Would it even be HER fault? This story is weird. That outage was an act of god and nothing more. He wanted to see a good game and that's what he provided.

Even if the performance were to be indisputably shown to be the cause, it STILL wouldn't be "her" fault (since it's not like she's privy to the behind-the-scenes, technical aspects of the show). But it's still funny to have her even loosely associated with such an event ^_^

KHarvey16

Well I guess seeing someone perform in the snow could add a new dimension of hilarity :-D At least there won't be a chance for wardrobe malfunction and likely will involve all lip syncing.. woo :p

Lol, might let them focus on putting a good act up there is everyone needs to be covered up in heavy coats.

On CNN, they said that there were already concerns about the stadium's circuitry months before the Super Bowl (lol, didn't know that)

Perhaps Beyonce's performance was the thing that tipped the scales. Not exactly her fault (if true), but still lulzworthy.

CNN should read CNN:

A fire alarm that was hit prior to halftime appears to have had nothing to do with the outage, nor did the halftime show, Thornton said. The halftime presentation was run on generated power, "which means it was not on our power grid at all," he said.

Jenga

Banned
Fake pregnancy, lip synching, screwing up the biggest sporting event of the year for a half hour. Jesus.

b-b-but she's rich and makes mediocre music

don't hate our queen #yolo #swag #divagaf #hatersgonnahate #ironicbadmusicloving

MIMIC

Banned
You know what?

Worth it.

Pretty much. I didn't give a shit about either team but wound up rooting feverishly hard for the Ravens to recompose themselves after the outage.

After all was said and done, it was a VERY entertaining game.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
ivUbSYJFiVXVb.gif

Yo she could cut off my lights, my water, my A/C I don't give a FUCK

.GqueB.

Banned
A fire alarm that was hit prior to halftime appears to have had nothing to do with the outage, nor did the halftime show, Thornton said. The halftime presentation was run on generated power, "which means it was not on our power grid at all," he said.

But who generated the generators...?

3rdman

Honestly I was saying that during the stoppage. I wouldn't be surprised if her performance blew out the power because she used so much of it.

The fact that the black out occurred AFTER the fuckin' performance pretty much completely rules out the halftime show. Duh.

The blackout is EXTREMELY embarrassing for the NFL, the stadium, and host city so don't be surprised that a bunch of accusations are being thrown on the visiting performer from Hollywood. They are simply covering their ass. .

Also for what its worth, the lights used on the show aren't even that power hungry...the Clay Paky "Sharpy" (150 of them were used) only draw about 160 watts of power...The stadium lights are far more power hungry. These were likely run from external generators (main with a backup) that allow the systems to run at all times and independent of the building. LOL, it's quite possible that the rehearsals had power fluctuations because they had an issue with their generators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom