• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stupid Questions |OT| of questions that don't deserve their own threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a 19 year old patient today who when responding to something he thought was cool, said coolio instead of cool. It was incredibly annoying and I wanted to punch him in the face as he said it at least 2 dozen times.

Is this coined phrase a new thing with people his age or is he just a dbag?

Oreoleo

I had a 19 year old patient today who when responding to something he thought was cool, said coolio instead of cool. It was incredibly annoying and I wanted to punch him in the face as he said it at least 2 dozen times.

Is this coined phrase a new thing with people his age or is he just a dbag?

Eh I'm 25 and said that stuff 10 years ago on AIM. It's not a new thing.. though he is a bit old to be saying it without any irony or sarcasm.

Celine

How is called the statue of the old (american?) man with mustaches dressed with a white suit that is often depicted outside shops (in Japan?) in mangas?

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
All the text in Firefox spontaneously became bold yesterday. I found one solution that involves putting Firefox in WinXP compatibility mode, and although it technically works, it puts the old bar at the top of the window. Is there any other solution that might fix this?

I need some Gaf driving help! (In California)

Four way stops!
kPyo6.png

Ok, so I'm car A.

Car C arrives first
Car A(me) arrives second
Car B arrives third
(All in the span of second or two, so it could be considered that we all got there at the same time)
All cars are going straight. So who's right of way is it?

I've always heard that the person on your right has the right of way, so B would be my right and C would be B's right, C doesn't have a right thus C goes first. But if C was to go straight, then B couldn't go straight, so that leaves it open for A (me) to go when C goes.

C wasn't really going, so I just decided to go (because we'd cross each other) and then B started freaking out and honking. Is he right to freak out!? It's not that big of a deal, I'm just curious. Thanks!

Cyan

Banned
Order of arrival. A should've gone first, but confused things by waiting.

If all arrive simultaneously, furthest to the right goes first. Which again means A (and you, since you're going the same direction).

In either case, B was in the wrong and is an idiot.

Order of arrival. A should've gone first, but confused things by waiting.

If all arrive simultaneously, furthest to the right goes first. Which again means A (and you, since you're going the same direction).

In either case, B was in the wrong and is an idiot.

It's "right of way"

You and C should have gone at the same time.

Haha, right of way obviously. Oops!

Thank you both! I thought I was right... that jerk...

Magnus

Need to buy this shirt for a friend. Medium. Cheapest/best/reputable retailer to buy from? I'm in Canada if that's relevant. Thanks for any advice?

198721402278639283_zE5LPM9x_c.jpg

Osietra

Banned
If you had to engineer a lesbian event with your gf and one of her friends, would the combination of alcohol and Katie Perrys 'I kissed a girl' being played in the background move things forward in a positive manner?

Ashes

Banned
If you had to engineer a lesbian event with your gf and one of her friends, would the combination of alcohol and Katie Perrys 'I kissed a girl' being played in the background move things forward in a positive manner?

;)

That's not a stupid question and one that would probably deserve it's own thread.

Ein Bear

What's the source of the Reggie-shrug pic? It gets posted all the time, and I'd love to know what the original context was.

e6Mhd.jpg

Oreoleo

What's the source of the Reggie-shrug pic? It gets posted all the time, and I'd love to know what the original context was.

e6Mhd.jpg

Not trying to shun you or anything, and I'm sure someone will be able to answer this here (Personally I don't know, but there are GameCube's in the background and I think it might be from IGN), but there is a Stupid Gaming Questions thread ( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404267) if no one is able to help you in OT.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
K, another question.

Earlier today I heard a rock song on the radio that I quite liked, and going by the sound and production I think it would have to be a fairly recent song. No name of neither song nor band/performer was mentioned, and what little I managed to pick up of the lyrics went something like 'I was the firstborn child of the hurricane' at the start of the first verse. When the chorus kicked in it went something like 'we were caught in a crossfire'. Towards the end of the song there was a part about the world turning and something burning. Anyone know what song this might be?

Ashes

Banned
K, another question.

Earlier today I heard a rock song on the radio that I quite liked, and going by the sound and production I think it would have to be a fairly recent song. No name of neither song nor band/performer was mentioned, and what little I managed to pick up of the lyrics went something like 'I was the firstborn child of the hurricane' at the start of the first verse. When the chorus kicked in it went something like 'we were caught in a crossfire'. Towards the end of the song there was a part about the world turning and something burning. Anyone know what song this might be?

Was it a guy singing? Or girl?

K, another question.

If not Jumping Jack Flash what about Crossfire by Stevie Ray Vaughn "We were stranded....caught in the crossfire."

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
If not Jumping Jack Flash what about Crossfire by Stevie Ray Vaughn "We were stranded....caught in the crossfire."

No, it's not that one either. When hearing the song I first thought it was The Killers, as it was kinda similar to 'Somebody told me' musically, but it's not The Killers either as it wasn't Brandon Flowers singing.

I remember once clicking on a link to a website about Alien / Paranormal artefacts or similar, from perhaps a creepy thread.

Each object was filed under a numbering system like it was ran by the government or something. Does anyone know that website?

FillerB

Senator Soufflé;45235020 said:
I remember once clicking on a link to a website about Alien / Paranormal artefacts or similar, from perhaps a creepy thread.

Each object was filed under a numbering system like it was ran by the government or something. Does anyone know that website?

The SCP Foundation.

Ashes

Banned
No, it's not that one either. When hearing the song I first thought it was The Killers, as it was kinda similar to 'Somebody told me' musically, but it's not The Killers either as it wasn't Brandon Flowers singing.

He released a song called crossover, no?

A song that sounds like Somebody told me... hmm... I got no clue with the lyrics said, but this song sounds similar-ish.

Toppot

Photoshop question,

What exactly is a clipping mask? What do you use it for?

It allows you to hide an area of an image so you can see the layers behind it. It's the proper way of say deleting the background of an image.

When you delete part of an image using an eraser or magic wand you are deleting the pixels on the image, essentially losing them. However if you select the area then apply a layer mask, it simply hides those pixels, rather than deleting them. So if you decide you have made a mistake or want to delete less/more you simply change the layer mask. Where as if you have deleted them using the magic wand or eraser, you either have to undo a lot, create a patch or get the original image and cut it out again.

Sarcasm

It allows you to hide an area of an image so you can see the layers behind it. It's the proper way of say deleting the background of an image.

When you delete part of an image using an eraser or magic wand you are deleting the pixels on the image, essentially losing them. However if you select the area then apply a layer mask, it simply hides those pixels, rather than deleting them. So if you decide you have made a mistake or want to delete less/more you simply change the layer mask. Where as if you have deleted them using the magic wand or eraser, you either have to undo a lot, create a patch or get the original image and cut it out again.

Thanks..makes little bit more sense - maybe I just need to see it done in person.

_Isaac

So what are the more prestigious award to get for a tv show , emmys or golden globes?

I don't know how one can answer this with facts, but I would consider the Emmys more prestigious since that seems to be the TV equivalent of the Academy Awards and it's specifically meant for TV shows. The Golden Globes tries to award both movies and TV and thus has half the prestige for each. I also think if an actor had both an Emmy and a Golden Globe for a role, it would be likelier for a TV ad to say "Starring the Emmy Award winning Blankety Blank."

Source: Meself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom