• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Subway restaurants really SUCK now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

I don't remember the cheese being one long piece...

I had their pastrami the other day. Surprisingly good all things considered. I might make it a regular purchase with all these subway coupons i get

I just had subway tonight. Meatball, I have some really bad heart burn now though..... Deep regret.

Anyway best sandwich place round here(los Angeles) is a special little Italian deli in Santa Monica. Bay Cities

baycities_italiandeli_sandwich.jpg

Belfast

Subway has sucked for a long time.

Jimmy John's kills Subway.

It's like $5.25 for a sub...

Price varies by area, but I think people forget to load up on the freebies, man. Kills me every time I see someone get a basic sub and then take off the tomatoes (or whatever), paying 5.25 or whatever for bread, mayo, lettuce, and some meat.

You can definitely get your money's worth at JJs if you try.

And if you don't like Jimmy John's, that's fine. The man himself is a prick and I realize it doesn't have certain options that other chains have basically made standard (sometimes in an attempt to pander), but I would never put it on the same level as Subway. I've experienced the inner workings of both. All of Subway's crap comes in bags, all JJs meats and veggies (barring the bacon) are sliced fresh in the store on a daily basis. The amount of work put into doing that is part of the reason why there is a bit less variety on the menu, as adding new things means more shit to prep every day.

zerotol

Banned
Anyone remember the Subway stamp cards? Every time you bought a sandwich, you got a stamp or two and after a certain amount you got a free half sandwich or foot long. A friend of mine used to manage a subway a long time ago and gave me a bunch of free stamps and cards. I had a stack of em in my wallet. I think some stores made you buy a soda to get the free sandwich, but it was awesome.

Meciu

I still like them but there's particulary no other sub fast food joint here in Poland so I can't really say if subs can be better. Now I wonder if chicken teriyaki can be topped.

Akahige

Subway is just that thing you go to when you want to have massive diarrhea 30 minutes after eating one of there subs, it's a 5 dollar cleanse.

I'm only sort of joking, the stuff there seems anything but "Fresh" like they like to advertise there food as.

LifEndz

Anyone remember the Subway stamp cards? Every time you bought a sandwich, you got a stamp or two and after a certain amount you got a free half sandwich or foot long. A friend of mine used to manage a subway a long time ago and gave me a bunch of free stamps and cards. I had a stack of em in my wallet. I think some stores made you buy a soda to get the free sandwich, but it was awesome.

My subway has something similar. A reward card where you earn points for anything you purchase, and you can redeem those points for food. Pretty cool, but I'm trying to cut down on processed food so I haven't being using it as much.

As to OP's point, subway was amazing back when they first started up. Now the bread isn't nearly as good and the meatballs always taste like they should've been thrown out a week ago. Any NYC deli or Lenny's kills it in terms of quality.

Subway is just that thing you go to when you want to have massive diarrhea 30 minutes after eating one of there subs, it's a 5 dollar cleanse.

I'm only sort of joking, the stuff there seems anything but "Fresh" like they like to advertise there food as.

seek medical attention if you are getting the shits 30 mins after eating any food consistently

zerotol

Banned
My subway has something similar. A reward card where you earn points for anything you purchase, and you can redeem those points for food. Pretty cool, but I'm trying to cut down on processed food so I haven't being using it as much.

As to OP's point, subway was amazing back when they first started up. Now the bread isn't nearly as good and the meatballs always taste like they should've been thrown out a week ago. Any NYC deli or Lenny's kills it in terms of quality.

This is what they looked like on the back of the card with stamps. It was about 15 years ago, maybe less.

PiOATPA.jpg

KrisB

Since the Vietnamese roll (banh mi) places really started to take off in Australia, you always see huge lineups there and the Subways are very quiet. Haven't been back to Subway.

Since the Vietnamese roll (banh mi) places really started to take off in Australia, you always see huge lineups there and the Subways are very quiet. Haven't been back to Subway.

I live near a city full of Vietnamese shops and their Banh Mis are fantastic. 4 for $10!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom