• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad’ Alpha Leaks Surprising Positivity

havoc00

Finally, what is probably the most eye-opening news about Suicide Squad from all this is that…it may actually be very good, a strong contrast from the vibes it’s mainly been giving out during its previews. Among the praise:

“It’s way better than I expected to be.”
  • “They learned the right lessons from Avengers, the gameplay at its core is extremely fun and you immediately feel powerful.”
  • “The shooting feels crunchy (in a good way) and I’m way way more pumped for it.”

Rocksteady hasn't let me down yet, so I'm looking forward to it.
I Believe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

MiguelItUp

Really? I feel like I've personally read a lot more that revolved around average/negative than anything else. There was a huge dump I saw on Reddit.

Seeing an article like this on Forbes about a leak feels... not that reliable to me, lmao.

I feel like the most positive comments I saw revolved around traversal being kind of fun, except with King Shark. But combat felt repetitive to a lot, didn't feel that exciting, etc. I can't say I'm excited or looking forward to it at all, but depend on how it does, maybe I'll give it a shot on the cheap?

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I still think it has a better than 50% chance of being pretty good.

Story is potentially compelling. They just need to deliver on it.
Gameplay is potentially compelling enough for a co-op game if there's mission variety, useful abilities that differentiate the characters and promote teamwork, boss fights.
Graphics look pretty good.
Monetization can ruin it.

We'll see. I've played Exoprimal for nearly 150 hours this year, but that has a lot more of a MMO class distinction visible so far that keeps it really interesting.

Kuranghi

I think for me, the chance thats its decent is low enough that I just don't care now, I will wait until previews, watch a few, then wait til launch and read reviews, no way I would consider getting my hopes up after what I've seen.

I always thought it looked good and didn't understand the backlash against it.

It looks fun. Like, would I rather see a new single player Batman or Superman game? Yes. But a big dumb coop looter shooter with some Crackdown vibes? I mean I'll play that for sure.

Laieon

I've always thought this looked good, I feel like the hate is all just (justified) backlash against GaaS.

But I also thought Avengers looked great and we know how that turned out so I'm prepared to be wrong again

Avengers felt like a game developed by two completely different teams that were forced to mix their visions of the game together. I actually really enjoyed the levels that felt like they were designed with a single player campaign in mind. The mind numbingly dull levels that were designed to push the GAAS/multiplayer junk on the other hand is a completely different story.

Saw it was a Forbes article, already a warning sign. Clicked it in and found out of course it was Mr. Paul Clown Tassi.

Guy couldn't even finish a Destiny strike without help from professional streamers. Take his words seriously? You are probably too dumb to play video games.

havoc00

Saw it was a Forbes article, already a warning sign. Clicked it in and found out of course it was Mr. Paul Clown Tassi.

Guy couldn't even finish a Destiny strike without help from professional streamers. Take his words seriously? You are probably too dumb to play video games.
Is he a known clown? I just posted this link because of the nda thing.

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

Hope it's true. I don't believe it. But I'll stay cautiously optimistic. I don't think what I've seen looks bad. Maybe a bit safe, a bit more Sunset Overdrive than Arkham Knight, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, just not exactly what I expected considering they've been taking so long and what they've done before. I look forward to seeing more.

gothmog

Gold Member
I'd be happy if it ends up being good. I remember hearing positive rumbles in a previous alpha before they retooled things. The stuff they showed off was not impressive and looked like GaaS nightmare.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Great, I registered but didn't get an invite. Somehow I liked the jumping around in the trailers. Let's see how bad the other stuff is.

didn't paul tassi say in a recent interview that one thing he's always wanted to do since he was 7 years old was to kill the justice league?...

I was about to say something similar. Paul Tassi is a total shill for Destiny and I remember listening to him on Say No to Rage' podcast where he was supporting Bungie with their "content vaulting" bullshit. Any media personalities who actively supported that highway robbery of a practice, "content vaulting" will forever be on my shit list!

krumble

"Leaks" stop it! The punisher and developer are in crisis mode because no one is interested in this game and they need to get people engaged again prior to launch because those preorder numbers as through the floor (ie virtually none)

Top Bottom