• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad by Rocksteady has a Battle Pass

Quasicat

I will only buy a Battle Pass if the main game is free. Even then, it has to really pull me in to stay with it. I loved the Star Wars themes in Fortnight, but couldn’t care less right now about the anime stuff.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Someone can please explain why over the past few years we had this massive push of this great value/Costco/Aldi team of super heroes called the suicide squad?

DC has an inmense cast of super heroes that would benefit from s single player game like flash, green arrow, superman, wonder woman, loads of batman material to explore and they went with this?

When you have a TEAM of super heroes you know the game is going to aim for multiplayer Gaas trash. This is just going to be DC Marvels avengers...

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Well that just sqaushed any interest I had. Maybe when it's in the sales for a £10 I'll bite.

TF5tOtb.gif

Most kids these days can't tell time with non-digital watches or clocks and think all games come with battle pass and mirco transactions. It's the norm. I hate it. Triple AAA gaming needs to be managed better.
Correct, kids today are use too these style of games. They want to play online games with friends, they want to be able to have different costumes for their characters and they want some kind of progression system.

I’m still curious to see how this game will turn out, this is such a dramatic change from the other Batman games they made.

sachos

I hope at least you can actually play offline in single player and not always online bullshit. Also, the "omg its optional why do you care!!!11" responses in that tweet, my God...

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Super hero games outside of Spider-Man just hang in there, watching avengers, Gotham knights, guardians, and now suicide squad is laughable.
The Joker Reaction GIF

Urban

I still didn’t understand what type of game that is.
Is it an open world game ? A game like Avengers or a SP like Batman AA?

Kacho

I still didn’t understand what type of game that is.
Is it an open world game ? A game like Avengers or a SP like Batman AA?
I assume it will be like Vermintide with a stronger emphasis on story. Gameplay will be your typical squash hordes off trash mobs and fight a boss at the end of stage for a chance at epic l00t. Gotta increase that gearscore to take down Supes!

Very unfortunate to see. Rocksteady didn't gain the reputation they have by monetizing their games beyond the $60 to purchase in entirety.

But in all likelihood this came from the very top, so likely out of their hands.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
How well did Arkham Knight sell? Weird that the company decided to not do anything for years and then release some stinky turds. Had a good thing going.

Ristifer

How well did Arkham Knight sell? Weird that the company decided to not do anything for years and then release some stinky turds. Had a good thing going.
I think they just wanted to move on from traditional Batman stories by the end of that game cycle.

I remember those old Batman Beyond rumours. Those were the good ol' days. Or was that for WB Montreal? I can't remember.

Very unfortunate to see. Rocksteady didn't gain the reputation they have by monetizing their games beyond the $60 to purchase in entirety.

But in all likelihood this came from the very top, so likely out of their hands.
Thank you 😊. I’m glad someone said it.

Do people really think Rocksteady wanted to put GAAS in Suicide Squad? I’d also go as far as say that SS is near the bottom of the totem pole in terms of games they wanted to make. 🤦‍♂️

YCoCg

I'm actually worried for Rocksteady, I doubt this will do well and they're pretty much doing this because the heads are forcing them to.

Thank you 😊. I’m glad someone said it.

Do people really think Rocksteady wanted to put GAAS in Suicide Squad? I’d also go as far as say that SS is near the bottom of the totem pole in terms of games they wanted to make. 🤦‍♂️
Agreed. I do hope it's good, tho. We need a decent Gotham-esque game after whatever Gotham Knights ended up being.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I think they just wanted to move on from traditional Batman stories by the end of that game cycle.

I remember those old Batman Beyond rumours. Those were the good ol' days. Or was that for WB Montreal? I can't remember.
Can’t remember but yeah they almost made a game where you play as Damian riding a motorcycle, roughly based on the Morrison comic.

Absolutely bums me that it didn’t work out.

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
I loved the batman games they made. Zero excitement or interest for this. I don't think I'm alone, so they must be doing something wrong.

Camreezie

Not surprised theyve been going this way for a while. Arkham city had all the dlc addons , then Arkham Knight had 100s of individual skins

Sinfulgore

What a waste of Rocksteady's talents. If they wanted to make DC's version of the Avengers game they should have at least made this a Justice league game. I feel like most people would much rather play as the Flash taking down Captain Boomerang and not the other way around. I don't understand why WB is trying so hard to make people care about the Suicide Squad.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I like a well done battle pass.

If the game is highly re-playable and they keep releasing skins and things, a BP can be a fun way to give yourself that carrot on a stick that's missing w/o any sort of advancement system.

Also generally easy to ignore if you just want to play the game. Literally cosmetics are all that tend to matter to any MTX/BP system and games still come w/ many cosmetics for "free."

Last edited:

Fbh

What a waste of Rocksteady's talents. If they wanted to make DC's version of the Avengers game they should have at least made this a Justice league game. I feel like most people would much rather play as the Flash taking down Captain Boomerang and not the other way around. I don't understand why WB is trying so hard to make people care about the Suicide Squad.

I think it was probably just easier with the Suicide Squad as you can fairly easily adapt all characters to a third person shooter format.

With the Justice League most characters would need to be very unique and it would probably be way harder to make it all feel coherent and well balanced

rkofan87

Gold Member
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I think it was probably just easier with the Suicide Squad as you can fairly easily adapt all characters to a third person shooter format.

With the Justice League most characters would need to be very unique and it would probably be way harder to make it all feel coherent and well balanced

Yeah you can't really make a coherent and balanced Justice League "anything" IMO lol Many of the characters are the OP/broken type where movies and TV shows are always having to conveniently forget their abilities or constantly tone them down with plot devices like Kryptonite (that are also rarely consistently applied.)

But it's a film/TV show so you kind of ignore the lack of cohesiveness because who really cares it's silly fantasy stuff. In a game a mechanic that mimics how they handle broke/OP characters in movies (just turning off abilities, making some characters conveniently unavailable or "off planet", etc.) would be both difficult, and probably suck.

Reactions: Fbh
Top Bottom