• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

Hyouka 14

AUug6.jpg

I'm guessing next week will finally focus on the mystery of missing things.
This episode did seem to go quickly by I must say.

You forgot to mention that the best two girls are back.

Hyouka 14
tumblr_m7l5d0cNfC1rvbl4vo1_500.gif

The cooking contest was way better than I expected it. Fukube had many great lines and I loved how classics club is really a tight knit group.
yes for houtarou participating to, loved that scene and exchange with Fukube

cajunator

Banned
Billiechu definitely loves the series. Its an easy mistake to make though.
Do you like the new OP/ED Billiechu? I vastly prefer the old ones.

Emitan

Billiechu definitely loves the series. Its an easy mistake to make though.
Do you like the new OP/ED Billiechu? I vastly prefer the old ones.

I like the dancing in the new OP but I miss the "dozens of copies of the girl running" part of the ED. I think I'd give the edge to season one.

Thoraxes

Rinne no Lagrange (S2) - 15

At first I was thinking this episode would be mostly SoL stuff, but
the shit in the second half was awesome. Madoka's purity is a boon to us all, and the dedication to her nakama is also of pure stature.

If just the Aura was capable of such power, I can only imagine what could happen should all 3 be activated. Also, why is Yurikano there? She died. SHE DIED. What were the broken robots? So many more questions yet to be answered and with the conference next episode, the tension will grow even further.

Madoka's purity is a miracle of this world.
But she said to be a mom, she's going to have to- EHHHHH BAKA BAKA! Which means that though she's had yuri exploits (and hopefully has more because her first kissu was with Lan and Mugitits), she still wants to marry a husbando and have a child with him. Sorry shippers.

Toradora! Ep. 5

Okay, I liked that better. The dynamic between Taiga and Ami is entertaining. Some nice gags too.
iGVxZvCGk45xJ.gif

ivRZj3xg2QYBz.gif

(Can someone explain this one to me? Is it some sort of reference or cultural thing?)

*looks at credits*
Huh, this was the first episode not written by Okada, maybe that's why I liked it.

Thoraxes

So I looked this up, but the internet tells me that Kow Otani is doing the music for Jinrui?

Really really good composers working on anime this season.
Toradora! Ep. 5
(Can someone explain this one to me? Is it some sort of reference or cultural thing?

I just figured... it's Minorin. She doesn't have reasons for doing anything. It looks like she's making an X across by her neck, as to say "Fuck no" after looking like an angel which was a fake-out.

But where do the lesbians come in?

Wait, don't answer that.
Indeed, I think it best that we not make another quote for SOS.
Vast majority? Are there even that many yuri shows, period?
Relatively speaking.
So watch 128 episodes of OP and then watch the movie. That's about all it spoils.
Out of the big three, I'll probably check out One Piece eventually.
seriously? the (real) main villain and her group were all overpowered girls
and 2 of aangs group also
So? I don't recall it being in your face about it.

jbug617

Banned
Oda Nobuna no Yabou 2-3

Show is pretty good and I assumed it would end up more like a harem show but nothing like that so far. Seems like we are going to see a lot of action coming up.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Hyouka 14

This arc continues to leave me speechless. KyoAni is taking anime to the next level.

The cooking contest was fun as hell. I loved
Oreki actually caring,
haha.

And next week it's Robin Williams time.

Out of the big three, I'll probably check out One Piece eventually.

I was mostly just joking there. I mean yeah, if you planned on watching it eventually, watching movie 6 would spoil stuff, but if not, it's a fine standalone thing. I'd be reluctant to recommend you watch the show in general, but I don't really know anything about your experience with long running shounen beyond your dislike of them being long.

I just figured... it's Minorin. She doesn't have reasons for doing anything. It looks like she's making an X across by her neck, as to say "Fuck no" after looking like an angel which was a fake-out.
Circle means yes, X means no. She makes like she's gonna be like "Yes, great!" but then is all like "No, I will murder you."
I get the general meaning of it, I was just wondering if there was something more specific to it.
Why not Naruto? Or even Fairy Tail?
One Piece seems to be the most well regarded.
I was mostly just joking there. I mean yeah, if you planned on watching it eventually, watching movie 6 would spoil stuff, but if not, it's a fine standalone thing. I'd be reluctant to recommend you watch the show in general, but I don't really know anything about your experience with long running shounen beyond your dislike of them being long.
Back in high school I watched/read a little of One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach. I think I liked One Piece the most. I don't do well with longer series in general, I have started and stopped Monster so many times.

Edit: I recall liking Hunter × Hunter too.
thats funny
neither do I
You've lost me.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hyouka 14:

KyoAni's seiyuu greatest hits list continues in this episode, as an announcer (the guy wearing the funky nose and glasses) is Tomokazu Sugita (Kyon). XD Irisu-senpai falls under the Chitanda eye-spell and offers some good advise on how to ask for things. The cooking competition was great fun to watch, especially the part with Chitanda trying to signal to Fukube about the part he was forgetting. Oreki ends up actually helping... sort of. XD He's such an awkward character but he's fun to watch for whatever reason.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think you're overblowing his character flaws. He's antisocial yes but nowhere near what you're painting him as. He's trying to connect with people but keeps on failing, partly due to the stupidity of the people around him and partly due to the inability to open his mouth at crucial periods. In the third episode,
I think that girl's present probably made things worse rather than helping him
. I'm also not exactly sure what you want out of this show or believe what the MC should be doing.
I suppose I found the premise itself offensive and was wondering if it would dig itself out of the hole it found itself in. It seems like it's interested in even going deeper though. :p

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Rinne no Lagrange 15

Oh, good. They removed the recycled footage from the OP.

This episode was seemingly going to be boring like the last two... But Asteria made it awesome.

And then we actually got shit getting real! Thank the heavens.
What the hell is up with Yurikano?

Star Driver 1 - 2
tumblr_llkvr5bCMm1qe0mun.gif

Finally opened up the blu rays Ive had ever since it came out. Looks really nice visually and the subs are nice, I guess. I wish it had been dubbed though the vas are all great. The anime is already started off on such a high note that I can already forsee it as one of my top ten. Takuto and Sugata are really cool. I love Takuto's transforming scene and his Cybody, Tauburn. The school setting and scenes are also good. I hope they stay there the whole time and really develop both the plot for the Kiraboshi Order of Cross.

The Kiraboshi thing is hilarious and addicting.

Thoraxes

Rinne no Lagrange 15

Oh, good. They removed the recycled footage from the OP.

This episode was seemingly going to be boring like the last two... But Asteria made it awesome.

And then we actually got shit getting real! Thank the heavens.
What the hell is up with Yurikano?

I hope
what she said gets revealed
in the BDs. I NEED to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom