• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novid

Banned
Compared to other shows on Nick like Spongebob or Fairly Odd Parents its crap, its not comparable against a ton of Disney shows, its not comparable against Batman TAS or even Justice League and it is certainly no My Little Pony.

Avatar is overrated because its a generic shounen in an artistic medium that thankfully did not have many generic shounens before this.

Hmm... the thing is that Avatar was the first sucessful try for Nick for action series. I dont even call it generic because the tropes dont fit or do not exist in the context your looking for. You can keep trying though, but nobody worth any salt as a fan or a historian in animation would ever put Ro-Ku-Bu over Avatar or Korra. As for it being better than Spongebob? Thats subjective at its face and bronie bullshit at worst. It was better than a smattering of Disney series when it aired and a Majority of the Cartoon Network series. And yes, Avatar is leagues, and I mean the distance between here and Sirus B better than My Little Pony, old and new. Not gonna sit down and have some bronie tell his revisionist history between 2008 and 2012 because the business didnt fit his world view until My Little Pony showed up.

Uchip

Banned
Hmm... the thing is that Avatar was the first sucessful try for Nick for action series. I dont even call it generic because the tropes dont fit or do not exist in the context your looking for. You can keep trying though, but nobody worth any salt as a fan or a historian in animation would ever put Ro-Ku-Bu over Avatar or Korra.

nobody should be putting ryu ku bu over anything

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hmm... the thing is that Avatar was the first sucessful try for Nick for action series. I dont even call it generic because the tropes dont fit or do not exist in the context your looking for. You can keep trying though, but nobody worth any salt as a fan or a historian in animation would ever put Ro-Ku-Bu over Avatar or Korra.

That is what I was making a point for. Avatar was the first series done like this, an American action cartoon series that wasn't superhero by nature, but that doesn't actually mean its any good. The story itself was generic, the developments where painstakingly dull as were the characters themselves.

Ryo Kyu Bu has to be better than Eiken.

It is. It's better than a lot of shows I've watched in my time watching anime.

Ultimadrago

Eureka Seven AO 13

AIbt7.jpg

Just wanted to get the episode out of the way.

==========================

Hyouka 13

Now there's a salesman.

I don't care for the OP, besides the fact that it's more visually interesting. I never liked the first one either, therefore, no loss.

Nonetheless, this makes two surprisingly engaging episodes in a row.
I jokingly in crude disposition credit the constipation sound effects from the quiz host. Mayaka's situation in the Manga Club gave some insight on her character and the transition to the "Girls at War" sign was neat. "Sexless being" made me chuckle. Mayaka is obviously thought of with very colorful language in the Manga Club.

Not bad at all, in fact, I liked the episode.

Novid

Banned
nobody should be putting ryu ku bu over anything

See Uchip, that is why you need actual folks that do the research so when somebody makes a comment that flies in the face of reason, all one does get the notes, show why one thing will always be better than one the other and call it a day. Im willing to forgive him for his bronie going on dark side of the moon stuff. If anything it should be a learning experiance for him.

Risette

A Good Citizen
That is what I was making a point for. Avatar was the first series done like this, an American action cartoon series that wasn't superhero by nature, but that doesn't actually mean its any good. The story itself was generic, the developments where painstakingly dull as were the characters themselves.
Don't forget the dull visuals!

Hyouka 14

PMESK.gif

Endless claps for KyoAni for another amazing episode.

Man this cultural festival is the best yet. Everything about it is so filled with fun and it's just amazing to keep watching. That cooking festival was just great.

Now for some snide comments. Really Vocaloid cosplayers of the manga club. Wear the same outfit twice? How tacky.

Novid

Banned

It is. It's better than a lot of shows I've watched in my time watching anime.

Ro-Ku-Bu is a hentai going on snuff film. I heard enough to say not going to touch it (even Sentai was told not to sell it...what does that tell you?)

What the heck was wrong with Avatar. There were no power ups (per say) there was poltical intregue that effected(effecting) both it and the future series... why in the world was it dull?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That is what I was making a point for. Avatar was the first series done like this, an American action cartoon series that wasn't superhero by nature...
Darkside are you over the age of thirteen and actually believe this? Serious question.

Arcticfox

I just watched the first episode of Tari Tari. Is the Enoshima tourism board paying for all these shows to take place on their island? I saw the last six episodes of Tsuritama yesterday so all the scenery shots were very familiar.

Narag

Ro-Ku-Bu is a hentai going on snuff film. I heard enough to say not going to touch it (even Sentai was told not to sell it...what does that tell you?)

What the heck was wrong with Avatar. There were no power ups (per say) there was poltical intregue that effected(effecting) both it and the future series... why in the world was it dull?

holy shit, those poor lolis.

Tanken Driland 3
tumblr_m7lbtnrpxT1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Wallens, Pollon, and Hime are so silly together lol. The ending chat made me laugh. The episode was pretty enjoyable even if everyone made silly mistakes, well except Wallens
though he could have not said that line about companions to hime since she actually attempted to follow it

Enemies just disintegrating still makes me chuckle.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Hyouka 14

Wow. I absolutely loved this episode. I have to admit that this is the best episode of Hyouka I've seen. The thrill of cooking and the excitement of the Festival comes to full light here and I enjoyed it to the fullest. Each character shines here and even Oreki manages to entertain me in some way. Chitanda was also enjoyable for me as well due to really odd interactions making her more than bearable. Also, ChitandaxIrisu confirmed as best pair.

I can't fathom why people still read Naruto, let alone why they would start it now.

600 chapter of that crap? I mean, i wouldn't suggest it even to my worst enemy!

Well I imagine people are wanting to get closure on certain events and see how Kishimoto resolves one of the most intricate stories in dedication and close friendship thus far. Beyond that surely don't people want to see Naruto become hokage. I think its really a good story.

Novid is making RKB sound way more interesting than it really is. It's more of a harem show except all but one of the harem members are elementary school girls.

Firemind

Jinrui #3-4

Was this supposed to be funny? Social commentary, self-referential, industry, blabla, I really couldn't care less. It just isn't funny. One of its strong points, the water colour backgrounds, were far and few between. Actually, there weren't any backgrounds to speak of for large parts of part deux.

Just like Nichijou! I look forward to this bombing.

Uchip

Banned

calling something generic begs comparison
unless you actually have one then you're not making a point

Don't forget the dull visuals!

lol
its a 2005 show and still has much more variety in the character animation than any recent show
half the time they are static and their mouths are moving

cajunator

Banned
I just watched the first episode of Tari Tari. Is the Enoshima tourism board paying for all these shows to take place on their island? I saw the last six episodes of Tsuritama yesterday so all the scenery shots were very familiar.

This show is pretty damned good.
But I might be biased because of Sawa.
Sawa is a goddess afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom