• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I am generally pretty bad about keeping up with more recent anime, but I ate through the first few episodes of Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita and Sword Art Online the past few days. Definitely going to keep up with those if I can. Also watched the first ep of Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Kokoro Connect and Hyouka.

Welcome!!
You are joining us in the mad rush to 20k posts and a new thread so dont be
discouraged if your posts arent answered at first.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Naw, I'm with Chet on this one. Breasts are pretty great.
UBhYzl.jpg

The newest way overused gif.
I realise I almost hold the key to killing it off.

Yeah. Some generic characters can't stand being in good shows.
He may be generic, but that guy made the show.

Big Ben clock tower = Europe.

Steroyd

But it's true in that the change isn't something you really notice/care about after a while and the new character designs work much better with the more off-model comedic faces the show loves to pull. Oh, and I can't forget to mention just how much better the background art looks!

I'd say you adapt quickly to the changes, they are still noticeable changes nontheless.

/XX/

Holy GOD.
Where are you finding these?
Those are from an official product:

チタンダエルTシャツ [氷菓] | キャラクターグッズ&アパレル製作販売のコスパ
http://www.cospa.com/detail/id/00000045729

That t-shirt should be available on many places.

cajunator

Banned
Those are from an official product:

チタンダエルTシャツ [氷菓] | キャラクターグッズ&アパレル製作販売のコスパ
http://www.cospa.com/detail/id/00000045729

That t-shirt should be available on many places.

Thanks! can filthy gaijins buy this?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Gunsmith Cats 2

pmKTy.jpg

That chase scene was so, so good

A definite step up from the first episode, really amazing all around. I just wish
they had actually shown the scene when Rally & Co. find out the protected witness was killed. It was never even addressed once, so it felt like it was missing something.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Man I wanna spend some good time with my anime backlog, but this heat is killing me. Hope this heat wave is over soon.

Hah, it was pretty hot over here as well, around 40c, but then we got some rain that cooled everything down, so I don't need to run my fan 24/7 any more.

cajunator

Banned
Envelope lives in Montenegro.
I live in Louisiana where heatwave means 100 degrees and lots of humidity. Like you go outside and feel like you are soaking wet.

/XX/

Thanks! can filthy gaijins buy this?
My pleasure to help, as always! And yes, you can buy it... or maybe I should say you could have bought it more easily some days ago, now that reservation lists are closed on many stores. Anyway, you can try on places like AmiAmi (http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGD2-33810) or Plamoya (http://plamoya.com/en/hyoka-chitandael-tshirt-white-l-p-52697.html) that seems to still accept pre-orders. Run for it!

Over my dead body.
People will never call it like that, isn't it?

sonicmj1

Paranoia Agent 3

Another excellent episode. This week, we find out that Yuuichi's tutor has plenty of problems of her own.

nC9c2.png

A dark look inside cajunator's room.

With Harumi juggling a fractured identity and blank spots in her memory, this episode shares some surface similarities with Perfect Blue. Despite the shorter length, the way the gaps in time are portrayed works really well. It's got a very coherent narrative even though we're only getting half of the picture.

This episode is also another example of great character design at work. You can learn all you need to know about Harumi's fiancee by the time he's done uttering his first sentence.

niWyq.png

The guy wouldn't know how to be interesting if he found a full course on it in the library. This is probably his most emotional moment in the entire episode, but his eyes struggle to go beyond neutral.

I'm definitely sensing a pattern here with the subjects of each episode. They're all facing huge problems, but even though they might have legitimate outlets for help (Harumi's in counseling, in fact), they try to clamp down on their problems and pretend that nothing is wrong, up until it's impossible to maintain. It seems like an important aspect of Kon's larger social point. Is it a cause or an effect of the irresponsible attitude shown by the people in the first moments of the series?

The preview tells me the next episode is one of the few that I saw to completion on Adult Swim, and it's one of my favorite single episodes of any anime.

wonzo

Banned
Binbougami ga! 4

Oh man, this was a great episode. The new character onws and the way in which it shifted from the comedic to the profound was incredibly well done. Of course, I'd expect nothing less from the director of Gintama!

The first key visual for the Little Busters! anime:
so who else is gonna suffer along side me and watch this monumental piece of keyshit?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Binbougami ga! 4

Oh man, this was a great episode. The new character onws and the way in which it shifted from the comedic to the profound was incredibly well done. Of course, I'd expect nothing less from the director of Gintama!

so who else is gonna suffer along side me and watch this monumental piece of keyshit?

Fall seems crowded enough, especially when I factor in my backlog, that I won't need to resort to watching shows like Little Busters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
People will never call it like that, isn't it?

Well seeing as no one called it by its original name (Palace of Westminster Clock Tower) and simply referred to it as Big Ben despite that being the name of a bell inside of it I doubt they will call it by this new name that no one cared for in the first place.

/XX/

I wish I had those nonhumid "heatwaves" you guys have...
I'm not sure you'd like it, really. That dryness in your mouth without water around at 48°C in the shade on southwest Spain isn't something I wouldn't even trade with my worst enemy.

Well seeing as no one called it by its original name (Palace of Westminster Clock Tower) and simply referred to it as Big Ben despite that being the name of a bell inside of it I doubt they will call it by this new name that no one cared for in the first place.
Indeed! Big Ben is more colloquial and closer to everyone... why would they want to change that? Nah... that wasn't going to fly, even as an homage.

OceanBlue

The first key visual for the Little Busters! anime:

It seems like they went with Na-Ga's designs and tried to fit the rest of the characters with his style. I like it because I like Na-Ga's artstyle more than Hinoue, but the faces in that picture all just seem so awkward.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think the border was a little thick on the first one.
78xEK.png

And number two
Vx3qM.png

I'll carry on after a cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom