• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grzi

Gundam AGE - 47

Animation is still good, don't really care about the rest, especially when the show hit a new low regarding mecha designs. The burst mode sucks too.
Yeah, the third generation is the worst, too bad.

Still better than Victory and 00S2.

Hunter X Hunter - 46

This show gets better looking with each new episode, no action, but it still looked great.
It's all about next week though.

Tanken Driland - 7

Still as charming and entertaining as ever.

Anaru%20Live%201.png

Android Malware Lures Otaku With Anohana's Anaru
Malware infected app promises to allow users to use the touchscreen to manipulate character's body

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day's Naruko "Anaru" Anjō is a pretty eye catching anime character, which is probably why virus writers have coopted the tsundere cutie.

Symantec reporrs that the Android.Maistealer carrying app requests permission to access contact data, then after the installation process, the malware provides the service it advertised: It allows a user to use the touchscreen to manipulate Anaru's body. Unfortunately, it also steals contact data from the victim's device.

Symantec's Joji Hamada said that spam is directing fans to a website that looks like the official Google Play store. "The app is not available on Google Play, as far as I am aware of, and is only available on these dedicated websites," Hamada wrote.

Alternate Source

lmao

A person just can't finger things like they used to :( What's this world coming to?!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Someone must have removed the stealing contact details aspect from that app by now.

Or I'll just have to get a spare contactless phone.

/XX/

The Toyota Corolla is an utterly abysmal car.
Not making a real comparison with a modified 'Grp. A8' WRC, but just wanted to chime this in:

WRC 1998 Season Finale - Laugh of Fate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=liBLqmeHht8#t=125s

Sounds like a girl's name.
It's actually a Croatian name :(
Sounds like a croatian girl's name.
I think it sounds like the name of a ski legend to me:

FIS-Ski - biographie
http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/613.html?type=biog&competitorid=32043&sector=AL

I would kill for more shows in a semi-collegiate setting like Nodame, Genshiken, Honey and Clover, or even something like Welcome to the NHK!
You might like Here is Greenwood.
Agreed, lovely recommendation! The cool liberalness of the setting and the personalities of the roommates attracts you at first sight, but later the sarcastic and layered (sometimes a bit mysterious) nature of the characters makes it so interesting after the initial impression.

After seeing Kimagure Orange Road, at the time I searched for this work because I thought the character designer for it was Akemi Takada (several years ago, in the mid-90s, I didn't knew much about Japanese animation creators so I assumed things based on similar look) and didn't have access to the Internet to check up on project's staff and such. She was who at first made me interested on this work. Later I knew that she didn't participate on this.

Obviously I don't regret such mistake, and I wonder if sometimes this isn't the best way of discovering new things!

Not hyped, won't watch unless trusted sources say it's good enough:
From the New World
Chunibyo
Tempest
Robotic Notes

Tempest better not be bad!

This is more directed to duckroll but if anyone knows, please chime in. Are there any early airings/impressions for some of the stuff airing in October? I think Magi is supposed to have one but not sure if there is supposed to be more.

I was sure K had its ep one previewed, or at least on mal it has a pre airing for aug 28, sept 14, 17, 29, and 30...

Weekly sales rankings for September 3-9:

Blu-ray
*9, 1,132 *10,072 Kuroko no Basket vol.2

DVD
*6, *,**1,197 *,*12,079 Kuroko no Basket vol.2

Thats like 22K, nice! Oh and Hyouka sells that much yet cant still is unlicensed :/

Nice, gotta add it to my rotating wallpapers. Now we just need him and alibaba in an image.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Could be a SOL about the mechanics who do the maintenance on the Gundams. Gossip around the coffee machine.

Eden of The East : The King of Eden

Scrap the return of the awful
amnesia
plot device and this could have been a decent 35 minute OVA. Instead it's a terribly paced film consisting almost entirely of filler. I wasn't much of a fan of the TV show, but this film hits some new lows. I hope Paradise Lost is much better than this, but that might be expecting too much.

Incredible show but mediocre movies.

sonicmj1

Level ESoredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 10

Another episode where the first part was middling, but the second part was fantastic.

ibcCAer94UYmPo.png

I'm not trying to sound morbid, but I wonder how many people die without successfully completing whatever final words they intend.

Even if it was usually played for laughs, the sentimentality in that part was kind of touching too. It's disappointing we're probably not going to see that guy again.

Also, Sanada's prayer at the beginning really brought a smile to my face.

Why can't the town keep turning and turning forever?

latest autumn 2012 anime chart's out:

Awesome, will definitely watch:
Chuunibyo somethingsomething (Do we have a shorthand name for this yet?)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Suuuper pumped. Should I read the manga first?)
Code:Breaker
Magi
Psycho-Pass
Robotics;Notes

And probably Aoi Sekai for shits and giggles. And maybe the Onii-Chan show if it's good. I'll wait for the gifs.

OceanBlue

Awesome, will definitely watch:
Chuunibyo somethingsomething (Do we have a shorthand name for this yet?)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Suuuper pumped. Should I read the manga first?)
Code:Breaker
Magi
Psycho-Pass
Robotics;Notes

And probably Aoi Sekai for shits and giggles. And maybe the Onii-Chan show if it's good. I'll wait for the gifs.

The twitter hashtag is #chu2koi if you wanted to know.

BluWacky

Ducky is trying to hype it as the savior of Noitamina ^^

In what possible way does noitaminA need saving after a year where we've had Kids On The Slope, Tsuritama, and Natsuyuki Rendezvous? Not to mention Thermae Romae. I know it's a "meme" in this thread, but it doesn't really apply right now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
range is overrated when you've got the voice of a goddess
That's enough to inspire atheism.

Summer 2012 Preliminary First Volume Sales

*7,758 *1 Tari Tari [DVD+BD]: 2012/09/05
*4,278 *1 Oda Nobuna no Yabou [DVD+BD]: 2012/09/05
*1,900 *1 Moyashimon Returns [DVD+BD]: 2012/09/05

Interesting start to the season's numbers.
Man, that Tari Tari.

Why is Tart Tari selling so well? It seems like it should be a sub-tier seller to me.
I can only speculate that it is either VA worship or that it's just pleasant and generic enough, with some equally pleasant songs, that it's something people want.

I totally forgot about GunPla Builders. lol

Mandoric

Banned
Streaming certainly isn't an option

But it is.
Just counting Bandai Channel's free weeklies, you've got UtaKoi, Accel World, Yuru Yuri, Oda Nobuna, SAO, Space Brothers, Lagrange, Kuroko, Joshiraku, Tari Tari, Gundam AGE, Kokoro Connect, Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, Hagure Yusha, Horizon II, Chitose Get You, Binbogami, Yurumates 3D, Poyopoyo, SEED HD Remaster, Humanity Has Declined, Campione, E7 AO, Little Battlers eXperience W, and Polar Bear Cafe this season. A day or two behind, sure, but most non-obsessives don't care.
Niconico tends to get the most popular shows, and although their livestream times are equally dire, selling kids on a premium Nico account is cheaper and easier than an animu-specific site. And there are other options out there.

Also, even ignoring Share/PD, about 10%-25% of any fansub downloads are from Japan where they just turn the subs back off and watch normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom