• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Gintama 9

AZvCSl.png

I like how well the main trio plays off one another. That Ginpachi-sensei was something else too.

fertygo

I agree but I don't know where would be a great spot to stop. There is only 3 episodes left and they could finish with Aomine vs Kise. There is a lot important details that happen between that match to Midorima match. I wish they would extend the season because they have well over 100 manga chapters to work with.

best best place to stop for me is just after that match IMO, they could stop with cliffhanger with Winter Cup coming

Lain

Millennium Actress rewatch

This movie is so damn good, I'll never get tired of watching it. The way the music is used, the way the scenes change and are linked, the mix between what's real and what's not, weaving the memories with the reality as the onlookers (we spectators and the interviewer with his cameraman) see the story unfold is just... amazing.
I really wish a BRD release would happen in Italy, just the DVD doesn't do enough justice to such a masterpiece.

cajunator

Banned
Millennium Actress rewatch

This movie is so damn good, I'll never get tired of watching it. The way the music is used, the way the scenes change and are linked, the mix between what's real and what's not, weaving the memories with the reality as the onlookers (we spectators and the interviewer with his cameraman) see the story unfold is just... amazing.
I really wish a BRD release would happen in Italy, just the DVD doesn't do enough justice to such a masterpiece.

Agreed on all counts. This is my favorite anime movie of all time for many reasons, some of which you listed. the moment a bluray is announced (if ever) I might just buy two copies.

I haven't watched any 2012 anime beside Fate/zero 2. -_-

If you watch anything else this season, make it Space Brothers.

cajunator

Banned
I'm definitely planning on watching the remainder of major works from Satoshi Kon I haven't seen once I conclude Paranoia Agent. It would seem I have two left including the film you've mentioned.

I cannot imagine a better use of your time in terms of watching anime.
I love that movie so much its kind of crazy. I've lost count how many times I watched it but its dozens. Even got my mother hooked on it.

Narag

One Piece 9

JccrAl.png
jD4Wzl.png

Bold lines in the first image and the combination of the fov and shading in the second made this look better than it ought to given the level of the rest of the show is presented.

A wild Usopp appears. He's pretty damn annoying but I've heard he sort of grows out of it so he gets a pass.

Accel World 21

Okay, so they did touch on the time conversion thing. But that still doesn't make sense with how progression in the real world is portrayed!

Anyway, I like all the animal avatars in Akihabara.

Nice to see it licensed. Bah that its Sentai.

Wow I guess they had Penguindrum for awhile if they are releasing it just three months after announcing, nice.

But Tegami Bachi on dvd and subonly :(, I guess its worth it, favorite adventurish manga, that Ive not seen the anime for is a definite purchase.

So december for me seems to be Is this a Zombie (funi), Penguindrum, and Tegami bachi.

Narag

Sword Art Online 9

That was pretty badass and in-line with what I thought what we'd get after the first episode.

7pEnrl.jpg

Unsatisfied with destroying Kirito x Lizbest, Asuna moves on to sabotage Kirito x Klein.

I hope viz doesnt pull a BLue Exorcist, and announces after the letter bee is released that they will dub it for neon alley :/

Can't imagine they'll be able to do that, since Blue Exorcist was originally released by Aniplex in the states subbed only and Viz probably got the license from them.

If Letter Bee is ever gonna get dubbed, that'll be if Sentai wants to dub it.

cajunator

Banned

YESSSSSSSSSSSS. I don't care if its Sentai. HOOK IT TO MY VEINS!

Articalys

Sword Waifu Online 9

Hmm,
I think the Lizbeth cameo was a little something they added to the anime, along with the Sachi flashbacks
. An interesting choice.
Also was looking forward to
the post-battle Kirito/Asuna stuff and I think they did a good job with that scene

Next episode should be real exciting.

Soma

Sword Art Online Episode 09

iDoVVBRqAY5Ba.jpg
iTc2peSS39c3A.jpg

Is it bad that I was hoping he would cut off his tail for a boss weapon? I've been playing too much Dark Souls...

Oh well.

Pretty good episode! I wish every episode were this action packed instead of focusing on terrible waifu antics. Asuna is once again boring as fuck but our favorite husbando makes a return! The dude seriously needs more screen time. Such a great guy. The boss fight itself was pretty cool. Lots of action, the secret skill was nice to see, and the music was excellent. Soooooo much plot armor though oh my god. Gary Stu indeed. Besides all that it was a pretty fun episode and honestly it went by really quick for me. The next storyline coming up is looking kinda silly but I'm still sticking with the show for what it's worth and hopefully it'll be enjoyable.

Also, Lizbeth appearance makes this episode even better.

Sword Art Online 9
tumblr_m9p0iq5reB1r3x2t8o1_500.gif

Weaksuna really serves no purpose at all and continues to consistently hold him back, countless time he's had to save her. So glad Kotetsu, I mean, Klein was there in his right position. Kirito was so epic and stunning and really made this perhaps the best episode thus far. I could honestly just watch Kirito taking on opponents all day and not get bored.

Anyway the whole fight and drama was good and definitely the direction its headed is not something I thought to imagine. Favorite moment out of battle:
those tears Klein had for Kirito, how nice, best friends
. And finally the music, boss fight music was stunning. I hope Kirito enhances his arsenal even more as hes this years best swordsman.

Sword Art Online 9

Great episode; definitely the best one so far. These last two episodes have been a vast improvement on the majority of those that preceded them, and have given me quite a bit of confidence in their ability to deliver this sort of quality consistently for the rest of the show, despite the second half covering ALO, which, much of the time, is the weakest of the LN arcs. Thankfully, this particular portion of the novel was very faithfully adapted, and it was quite satisfying in it's execution, more so than I was expecting. Also, Klein was in this episode, which automatically makes it one of the better ones.

The
dual blades skill
was fantastic, and, although it was short, the fight between Kirito and the boss was pretty impressive, allowing for some nice action choreography. Of course, the best aspect of those scenes was the lack of still shots, which plagued nearly all the earlier fights.

The direction was quite an improvement from episodes past, which made up for the mediocre drop-off in the animation's quality during certain moments. I really enjoy the musical cues, which nicely add to the atmosphere in a number of scenes. One of the only problems I had with this episode was Liz's appearance, but it was so brief it hardly mattered. I mean, at least it wasn't Silica.

The development of the Kirito x Asuna relationship is excellent, as was the lengthy hug at the end. Asuna's the best girl by far.
Yui
is second best, but she hasn't appeared yet. The next episode will likely be another good one, since
Heathcliff and Kirito's duel
should be excellent.

Also,
was terrific imagery to conclude the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom