• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 TV Season - New & Returning series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did not expect the ending of that pilot though.

Other than that it was quite funny and charming.

Regarding the ending of the pilot:

Did the guy die? Really interesting premise if so. I sort of just assumed that he was hurt, but it would be more interesting if he straight up died.

anaron

Regarding the ending of the pilot:

Did the guy die? Really interesting premise if so. I sort of just assumed that he was hurt, but it would be more interesting if he straight up died.

regarding that:

Yes, he did die. They throw a memorial in the second episode.

Fry

Suits, White Collar, Burn Notice, Leverage, Warehouse 13, Alphas, Teen Wolf, True Blood for me.

I'm looking up this show 'Web Therapy' online. I'd heard the name, but didn't know much about it, but it's really funny! Lisa Kudrow's funny.

You don't watch Breaking Bad?

Do it, man!!!

Wes

venison crêpe
Very hyped for Newsroom. I need to catch up on Damages and Falling Skies.

Also, guilty pleasure, Teen Wolf.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I have only heard of a handful of those shows. :\

I'm mostly looking forward to Breaking Bad and Futurama. I'll check out Louie as I somewhat enjoyed Season 2.

hit-and-miss.jpg

Crazy show. Chicks with dicks. I actually hope they show more of her being an assassin then the family stuff. It was more interesting.

The bathroom scene at the start of the episode was crazy because I didn't know what the show was about.

I have a weird liking for Rizzoli & Isles.

It can get awfully procedural at times, but when it does story it does really good story. Most of the cases are quite clever too - and the zaniness (Bones-like) is not annoying, and complements the show well.

Will continue with that this year.

Warehouse 13 too - fun show

TripOpt55

I have a weird liking for Rizzoli & Isles.

It can get awfully procedural at times, but when it does story it does really good story. Most of the cases are quite clever too - and the zaniness (Bones-like) is not annoying, and complements the show well.

Will continue with that this year.

Warehouse 13 too - fun show
I watch Rizzoli and Isles too but the cases can be a bit too predictable sometimes. I still have a few from last winter to watch on my DVR I think.

Hit and Miss started airing on Sky a few days ago - the adverts looked terrible, and I avoided it.

I might give it a go now though, as I see it is available on Anytime and On Demand

This is the first I've heard about "Bullet In The Face", but Deadline had a brief article on it last night.
The controversial Bullet, which was not mentioned during IFC’s upfront presentation in March, is being scheduled in a very odd pattern: three episodes back-to-back on two consecutive nights, August 16 and August 17, from 10 PM-11:30 PM.

The uncertainty of what to do with Bullet In The Face is understandable. IFC is going to air the six half hour episodes over two nights. While its first three screened episodes show it to be uproarious and twisted, it’s also rife with cinematic-level violence and wildly politically incorrect imagery. It stars Canadian actor Max Williams as Gunter Vogler, a brutally psychopathic, deliriously misogynistic German assassin-turned-cop. The character is utterly without conscience or filter, shooting people indiscriminately and accompanying it with radically offensive invective. The blood spurts freely and often. Eric Roberts and Eddie Izzard co-star as wacko mob bosses. But here is the kind of stuff that may have spooked IFC into turning Bullet into a two-night event rather than a weekly series: We see Gunter in a church using a crucifix as a backscratcher and casually lumping former VP Dick Cheney with Hitler and Stalin in conversation. He mows down basketball players on a court as if taking target practice.

jXspbHelDZsYO.jpg

j4BjzPVE7coDP.jpg

Wiktor

What are people hearing about Longmire? That looks mighty interesting.

Initial reviews seem to be positive. This is the summer show I'm most waiting for. The novels are incredibly entertaining and from the trailers they really nailed the atmosphere and most of all the main character.

Aside from that I willdefinitely be watching Glades and Breaking Bad.

And I;m already watching Episodes. Love it for some reason. It's not flat out hilarious, but always leaves me in a good mood.

Decado

Bullet in the Face sounds like a lot of fun...though it being a 1/2 hour show is a bit odd. Also don't know anything about the talent involved.

Other than that, I don't see much new that's worth getting excited about. I guess I can't complain too much given how good last year was for new shows.

anaron

Longmire - series premiere tonight on A&E, 10/9C

Metacritic

'Longmire' is an unrushed law enforcement drama
'Longmire' stars Robert Taylor as a Wyoming sheriff and Katee Sackhoff as his fresh-from-Philly-homicide deputy. Their chemistry is promising
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-longmire-20120602,0,4094393.story

One wouldn't think that the least populated county in the nation's least populated state would be fertile ground for a weekly crime drama. But "Longmire," A&E Network's engrossing new ode to frontier justice, uses its sparse setting to great effect while not skimping out on the whodunits.
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...nds-battlestar-galacticas-katee-sackhoff.html

Clevinger

Saw the first episode love it. Walt is such a great character and the whole show has beautifully slow and windy atmosphere. Great premiere.

Yeah, saw the Longmire pilot and enjoyed it. The main character almost feels like what Raylan Givens might be like in his 50s/60s. Nice little show.

Hobbun

Falling Skies, Alphas and Warehouse 13 for me. And so happy Warehouse 13 is getting 20 episodes this season.

anaron

Premiering Tonight:

Pretty Little Liars - 8/7c on ABC Family.

Jane by Design - 9/8c on ABC Family.

Franklin & Bash - 10/9c on TNT.

Rizzoli & Isles - 9/8c on TNT.

anaron

Saving Hope - newest hospital drama premieres tonight, 10/9c on NBC.

Reviews haven't been terrible kind:

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/saving-hope

There are other characters and other storylines, but none of them rise above the level of hospital drama boilerplate, up to and including that old chestnut about someone refusing medical treatment because of their religious beliefs, a storyline that was tired when good old Marcus Welby was trotting it out. There are appealing characters here—particularly Julia Taylor Ross’ Dr. Maggie Lin, headstrong and forcing her way through stuff because she can—but they all feel isolated in a totally different series from Alex and Charles. Where the Alex and Charles series doesn’t really work, at least it’s attempting something new, if utterly bizarre. The other half of the show is a medical drama you’ve seen a million times before, loaded down with lens flares as a key part of the visual design of the show for no apparent reason. Nobody ever would have thought Saving Hope could be great TV, but in its main storyline, it at least had a chance to be a sober, serious-minded medical soap about death, which would at least be new. Instead, that half of the show is a tonal mess, and the other half is bland mush. It’s passably entertaining at times, but only that.
-AVClub

The first three episodes of the web series "Burning Love" are up now for web streaming.

qXycp.jpg

Fireman Mark Orlando arrives at the Burning Love mansion to meet his future wife. Will she be beautiful, smart, ethnic? Only time will tell. One thing is for sure, he's going to have a tough time narrowing it down to one woman. Can't he have two? (Contains adult themes)
The Onion A|V Club thinks it's pretty funny.
Burning Love, the latest in a string of nearly flawless parodies from this loosely knit cabal, is just as essential as its predecessors—a web series on Yahoo! that might as well be an Adult Swim series. Created by Ken Marino and produced by much of the team behind Childrens Hospital and its upcoming Newsreaders spinoff (along with Ben Stiller), it’s a blatant send-up of The Bachelor. Marino plays Mark, a fireman just looking for love, which doesn’t seem so weird at first. But then Michael Ian Black walks in as the perfectly smarmy host. “In the real world, most men would be vilified for dating 20 women at once,” he says. “But honeychild, this ain’t the real world.”

This is meticulous satire, and everyone involved has clearly not only done their homework by watching way too much trashy TV, but also packed as many funny moments into eight minutes as humanly possible. This is no small accomplishment.

985boi

So is the show Bedlam any good? It's a British tv show that just started it's second season and I haven't even seen the first season yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom