• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

I've been told Wolfrun is the only reason to watch Smile and I'm apt to believe it!

According to MadP, he's the only Smile character with a daki, so I guess he's really popular.

Unrelated question: if I go into NFL-GAF and profess my Bucs love, will I be accused of being an alt of this snes guy?

Coxy

Pale Cocoon
That was odd but interesting, kind of reminded me of breath of fire 5 at times because of reasons. Just twisting that BoF6 knife :(

Articalys

Actually, Shiina used to post a lot of random little sketches on Twitter -- here's one from a few years back (to celebrate 40,000 Twitter followers) of a version of ZKC that might be more along DTL's interests:
PCXw9cc.jpg
And at the same time he posted one of the three main guys genderswapped as well:

Sailor Moon SuperSilly 141

Minako is two timing guys! How shameless~!

Just more evidence that she really is impure, but she has beautiful dreams while squeeling in ecstacy when they're being DP'd via mirrors. It keeps pushing the ArteMinako train overall though.

Chibiusa and Diana have weird ideas of what two timing is though.

Narag

Dog & Scissors 7

Objectively, the episode seemed far better constructed this week. Few goofy animation errors, fun visual gimmicks, and sensible use of the of expanded cast opposite of the leads. CG cars made Symphogear's look good though.

Subjectively? so hot

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Actually, Shiina used to post a lot of random little sketches on Twitter -- here's one from a few years back (to celebrate 40,000 Twitter followers) of a version of ZKC that might be more along DTL's interests:

And at the same time he posted one of the three main guys genderswapped as well:

And yet somehow, the best original take on the ZKC characters that could get greenlit for an anime was The Unlimited.

It's really is like DTL day.

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon SuperSilly 141

Minako is two timing guys! How shameless~!

Just more evidence that she really is impure, but she has beautiful dreams while squeeling in ecstacy when they're being DP'd via mirrors. It keeps pushing the ArteMinako train overall though.

Chibiusa and Diana have weird ideas of what two timing is though.

Minako gets the best episode of S and SuperS! You go girl.

wonzo

Banned
happy bday dtl

Isn't that just from that tumblr where that guy makes deliberately bad imitations of animated movie scenes?

I had no idea this was a thing.
While I'm here, knowing my limited free time and peculiar tastes, is there anything from this year I really should watch other than Eternal Family and Flowers of Evil?
As other's have said, Little Witch Academia, Wolf Children, and Death Billiards are really the only interesting things worth recommending.

Oh, and Polar Bear's Cafe of course!

The Utena movie suffers from needing to have seen the show. I mean, having seen the show first, the movie has some good stuff going on in it, particularly
the escape from Ohtori Academy and Utena and Touga's final scene together
, but the problem is that the movie's overall plot suffers because too much happens assuming the viewer has seen the show and is familiar with its events. It's why I keep joking it is a sequel, because if you saw the movie alone without the show, it would make absolutely no sense to you.

Visually speaking, though, its quite the pretty motion picture.

Character development/plot whichever, really. The point is that the movie just cannot deliver everything the show did and winds up sort of jumbled. It is more like Gundam F91 than Rebuild of Eva in that regard, I suppose.
1) Plot is overrated and execution is everything.
2) The movie gives you more than enough to work off of even if you haven't seen the series (which you really should, though)
3) Style is substance, substance is style (rip risette), and Adolescence Apocalypse has that shit in spades.

CorvoSol

1) Plot is overrated and execution is everything.
2) The movie gives you more than enough to work off of even if you haven't seen the series (which you really should, though)
3) Style is substance, substance is style (rip risette), and Adolescence Apocalypse has that shit in spades.

The movie really doesn't give you enough to work off of if you haven't seen the series. Shit, characters aren't even introduced by name in the movie. Nanami and Shiori are just there, and the entirety of the arc concerning Akio is a huge mindfuck if you haven't seen the show. Like, the dude isn't on screen at all and then suddenly
Anthy's killed him, but no one seems to give a fuck.

The movie is a beautiful mess. It's good to look at, and that
Utena becoming a car and the entire escape from Ohtori after that
is swell, but damn the movie is an incoherent mess if you haven't watched the show. Characters actions would be all over the place if you didn't already know from the show the reasoning behind those actions. The entire elevator scene in this movie would make no sense without knowing beforehand what it was about.

It's a pretty movie, but there's no substance beneath its style.

Sailor Moon SuperSilly 142

Old people love. Mamoru will never get trusted if Usagi keeps thinking he's cheating on her. Nevermind the fact that she sometimes join in on the cock chasing, despite everyone reminding her that she has Mamoru.

Also because we had the loli extreme, we need the other extreme.

Other comments: No other inner senshis. I want fine dining too.

"I'm in furries because of wolfrun" -Kirbyguy

WOLFRUN X SEBASTIAN!

._.

If I were into furries, Pokemon would've been the first reason by a landslide. Still doesn't do much for me.

Yeaaaaaaaaah kirbyguy is also gonna pass me up. Narag should step it up.

No joke, I literally considered finishing SuperS in a span of a day because apparently it is the worst (but nowhere near as bad as I was expecting). But I don't think it'll happen at this rate. I'll probably finish it off tomorrow.

jbug617

Banned
High School DxD New 6

I guess this is the end of this arc and it looks like things are going to heat up with
Welsh Dragon vs English Dragon.
I like the addition to the group so I wonder if Issei adds another to his harem. If anybody knows about the story, are there any plans to travel to the underworld?

I can't in good conscious recommend Attack on Titan as a 'must watch' to anyone with limited free time. I mean, there's a good 7 episodes of fat you can trim off the show and even then the shows dizzying heights and frequently outweighed by it's numerous dips. It's a pretty standard shounen adaptation in that sense, albeit with a semi-original setting.

I can easily recommend the show to many people as a "must watch", whether they have a lot of free time or not.

icarus is not one of those people.

Chronoexe

High School DxD New 6

I guess this is the end of this arc and it looks like things are going to heat up with
Welsh Dragon vs English Dragon.
I like the addition to the group so I wonder if Issei adds another to his harem. If anybody knows about the story, are there any plans to travel to the underworld?

Yes, but not in this season ;________;

All the good things are in vol 5.

But the next arc is really good, keep watching.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
No joke, I literally considered finishing SuperS in a span of a day because apparently it is the worst (but nowhere near as bad as I was expecting). But I don't think it'll happen at this rate. I'll probably finish it off tomorrow.
SuperS is good. Like, not ironically.

cnet128

Banned
I don't hate it. I'm just kind of indifferent to it and like Accel World a lot more.

Well, of course Accel World needs more love too, and is clearly the better series. I just feel more defensive of SAO since it has so many people outright detesting it.

Inu to Hasami 7

Leeeeeeeeeeewd.

Yayoi still clearly best girl. Natsuno wonderfully demonstrates the "dere" side of "yandere" (though of course scissordeath is always the ultimate outcome). Random maid shows up in order to demonstrate that yes, this show is still batshit insane, particularly when any kind of "battle" ensues.

Fun stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom