• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm disappointed no-one said "Flat because then you are closer to her heart"
A9frQSX.png

Dresden

Those are way better than Yasuda's shit art.

Anyone that actually finds Yasuda's art better deserves to die in the black hole of tastelessness created by the stupid way in which he draws breasts.

I could deal with the bad boobs were it not for the yasudafaces.

DOq9ilx.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
Those are way better than Yasuda's shit art.

Anyone that actually finds Yasuda's art better deserves to die in the black hole of tastelessness created by the stupid way in which he draws breasts.

I think I prefer the design of the main heroine as she looked older but everyone else is a definite improvement.

I know people generally dislike ANN reviews -- but god damn at this absolutely glowing Aku no Hana anime review:

Now that animation score.......

Narag

The Gifu Dodo!! ED is like a bite sized example of the show's problem. I think it's pretty great but it suffers from the same art issues that sullies everything else.

I'd link it but no one is watching it so there's no uploads on youtube. Here,just have the full version of the ending song instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1q178boxDE

Mr.Jeff

They are the best Anime Journalist outlet after all.
That is such a low hurdle to clear though.

I've found myself re-watching Steins;Gate, but so F-ing reluctantly this time around with the game coming so soon. I can't quit it, though :(

E: wtf at this Yozakura Quartet change in art. No thank you.
Man, Miyukichi's character looks so round and squishy, this is sad. Cat girl reamins the best. Not surprised to see Haruka Tomatsu playing a the Kanna(?) looking character that seems to have anger issues.

Dull news: My copy of Steins Gate Part 1 and complete Madoka turned up. Slightly spoiled by having stupidly ordered the DVD version for Steins though. Back to Amazon you go....

Big O 10 Dub

Not sure what to make of this, are memories actually memories or visions of the future? Have these events played out once before? Am I grossly over thinking this?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I know people generally dislike ANN reviews -- but god damn at this absolutely glowing Aku no Hana anime review:
I can't tell if this gross hyperbole and complete lack of insight is better or worse than their standard reviews.

Usagi drop 1-11
What an lovely series. Shame that there is not a lot of these kind of shows around. As the anime had so open ending I decided to read the manga ending despite the warnings aaand....
Matrix+-+Not+Like+This.gif

really wtf. How you can go from that anime ending to that manga ending. What the hell happaned to author. Still can't believe what I read.

CorvoSol

Usagi drop 1-11
What an lovely series. Shame that there is not a lot of these kind of shows around. As the anime had so open ending I decided to read the manga ending despite the warnings aaand....

really wtf. How you can go from that anime ending to that manga ending. What the hell happaned to author. Still can't believe what I read.

"I never asked for this."

Really, though, it's the most insane thing. Like I mean, who wanted that?
Aside from fans of Suguha in SAO *rimshot*.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 38

Man I'm trying to get into "Open The Door", but man...it ain't no "Catch You Catch Me".

I believe that Mizuki is a good character and that she's not Sakura's enemy. But that was damn freaky when Sakura was hanging on the ledge in the storehouse and she looked out the window, and there she was sitting in the tree on the other side. Course she gave Sakura the answer to open up Lock, so that supports my theory. But shit, she doesn't know how to not be a little scary. But that's what makes her such a mysterious and interesting character I guess.

Ending was hilarious with Sakura not bringing home Kero's share and him flipping out on her.

Really if the show has that kind of aim from the beginning it would make at least some sense but with this ...really don't understand. It's like they switched the author in the middle point of the series. it just goes so much against the general feel of the show. Definitely the most absurd ending I have ever seen in any medium. Just ....I definitely should have listened the warnings. Makes me almost little depressed. Fuck this.

Usagi drop 1-11
What an lovely series. Shame that there is not a lot of these kind of shows around.

I couldn't agree with you more. It was such a great heartfelt series.

Usagi drop 1-11
As the anime had so open ending I decided to read the manga ending despite the warnings aaand....

Alright, I hopped on the skip to the ending train and wow that certainly was something.
Though I can't imagine it was an unnatural plot twist so I'm more curious to read the manga to see how it actually developed.

Yasuda's clearly Yasuda, though. That's just K-ON.

Yasuda art is both poor and unsuited for animation, while K-ON's character designs are the epitome of designs that work very well for fluid animation. They've got to be simple and clean enough to deform easily, especially when you're dealing with the web-gen school of animators that Ryo-chimo comes from.

Gintama Episode 12 – People Who Make Good First Impressions Usually Suck
BP5WLG_CUAAeTre.png

Random...I dont understand why they thought anyone wanted an Otose episode, however the brief glimpse of the past to Gintoki made it worthwhile and it had an alright message.

iavi

Yasuda art is both poor and unsuited for animation, while K-ON's character designs are the epitome of designs that work very well for fluid animation. They've got to be simple and clean enough to deform easily, especially when you're dealing with the web-gen school of animators that Ryo-chimo comes from.

Never once thought of it in that light. Makes sense.

Sailor Moon Rough 49

BLOOD! TYPE O! ANEMICS!

Fuck I don't remember if there was bl-- wait there was, but it was like padded out and stained.

Anyway Moonlight Knight appears, and Sailor Moon thinks it's
Endymion, so she's on the mark there.

We are also treated to a relationship that isn't love between and boy and a girl. Can this really happen? Probably.

Anyway, Sailor Moon's reaction in regards to Jupiter's anemic condition from donating blood,
she's afraid of having her friends die again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom