• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Man

Banned
Why are you using the word friend?

60fd466adb.jpg

fertygo

Captain Earth-16

The fight in this episode was so subpar. Why is the fight choreography such a step down from Star Driver? Why?

These space mode mech is just horrible design to animate.

They're too big and inflexible to animate for mobile action, they have boring weapon..somehow they chose low-key combat for these fat robot, its like forcing super robot mech to fight like Gundam's grunt.

I'm baffled to why BONES can approve such a inefficient mecha design

School Days 2

What?... I don't......

How?..... What a terrible date.

And yet at the end of the day.... I don't understand. He's going to get every girl by the end huh? Like I wouldn't say this guy has game after how he works on his dates but like....

It's the other girl man. She is the only reason he has any hope/prayer/game whatever you call it.

And yet I want to keep watching...

School Days 09

Makoto just can't keep the girls off him, what a stud! He is everything right in the world and we should appreciate him a whole lot more. Not only is he loving and gentle with the woman of his dreams but he makes sure to extend that innocent love to his old friend from junior high. She has no problems embracing the Makoto for he has plenty of love to go around.

Poor Kotonoha is still desperately trying to earn some of that love but never succeeding. You're his girlfriend! It's time to step up and take some responsibility of your own! Makoto may have boundless amounts of pure and tender love but you need to make yourself known to get some of that for yourself!

EDIT: Pshyco, what are you doing!? The amount of Makoto-sama will exceed this thread's capacity if we continue to overlap like this!

All School Days does is remind me that I hate homework.

Bless you Yes! Precure 5 for stating that doing something you don't like is a dumb idea.

jgminto

I wouldn't mind rewatching School Days one of these days. Or maybe I'll play the Visual Novel. Or maybe I'll play the spin-off, Cross Days. Or maybe I'll play the Tower Defense 3DS game, Island Days.

fertygo

School Days's ending is just like Persona 3's ending, everybody and their grandma know it and make you can't enjoy the whole impact anymore ;_____;

Mahouka 16

This episode was certainly an improvement over the last month's episodes. We finally get to see Tatsuya and Masaki face off. There was some nice animation including Tatsuya flipping around and doing matrix stuff (posted above). I was expecting
Masaki and George to put up more of a fight however.
I was also confused about the motorcycle bit at the end. Mikihiko's behaviour suggested he was either the person behind Leo or the one who hit him with the motorcycle but I don't remember ever seeing him ride one.
The reason
for Mikihiko's behavior is he is having issues from a light fracture while Leo and Tatsuya are walking around fine after getting hit by Masaki's full force of compressed air blasts.

School Days 3

That is quite the work outfit. The heck does she do that she has to wear that?

Oh MC-kun don't you fucking dare! Not after all that! I don't understand this guy. Dude suck it up. Relationships
can get tiring sometimes.
It's called work. I know. Geez. Of he does what I think he's gonna do I am gonna punch him right in the face!!!

Jex

Terror in Tokyo 02
Somehow I find it unreasonable that they'd let a random delivery guy wander around like that. I'm not sure why they emphasized turning that fire extinguisher.

It may seem like a thriller cliche, but looking somewhat busy (or just having a clipboard) can make people basically ignore you. Either way, he wasn't turning the fire extinguisher, you can clearly see him put a camera on it, which you then see him looking through earlier.

Jex

Lolol. It actually really bothers me when anime OPs or EDs make it painfully obvious that the song is for that anime and nothing else.

I mean yeah, all of K-On!'s OPs and EDs were 100% written for the anime but the lyrics didn't necessarily suggest it (especially the EDs).

What? That's the best! Otherwise it's just the music rights company trying to flog some popular music title. You gotta have the JO JO JO JOOOOOOOOOOO (or equivalent) in your song or you shouldn't even bother.

Jex

Knights of Sidonia 1

• OP mentions the title in the song so it passes one step of the Jexhius Quality Anime Test.
What is this?
That's no joke, that's a rule to live your life buy.
I think the expository theme tune kinda thing only works for incredibly cheesy works like JoJo.

But boy does it work!

Why would you watch other kind of shows? To be bored?!

Jintor

WE'RE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFF TO OUTER SPAAAAAAAAACE
WE'RE LEEEEEEEEEEEEAVING MOTHER EARRRRRRRRRRTH
TO SAAAAAAAAAAAVE THE HUMAN RAAAAAAAAAACE
OURRRRR
STARRRRRRRRR
BLAAAAZERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS

Jex

Ugh.... That was the dumbest part of the whole episode.

You know besides cloth being able to shred metal but whatever.

It sounds like you hate fun and good things.

(In all seriousness if you think that's dumb you can stop watching the series, it's probably not for you.)

School Days 4

This ends horribly for someone or a group of people doesn't it?

Sekai is just asking for it at this point. She is officially best girl so far. Helpful to the cause but also willing and able. ;)

Actually the end of this episode made me feel sad for her. Damn it School Days your a freakin comedy. Your not supposed to make me feel things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom