• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Awww, you're so sweet <3

Eww, that is ugly. Is it only this scene or is funi darker or wrong colored in general?

the whole thing, a lot of details are just lost in sea of blacks :( tir is actually really good looking, this sucks.
it's more apparent in darker scenes like that one.

I already asked that last week, but nobody answered. Is there an handy overview showing the changes?

I dont know if anyone compiled a list detailing the two or so added scenes each episode. Its pretty easy to tell what is new while watching though, for example the two monologues in the first episode, or the new conversation in the second episode and an additional monologue later on, and they tend to be around the points where an episode starts or ends.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bravely Default was such a shit game I sold my 3DS the second I finished it.

(well that and basically no new games I want on that platform any time soon)

Chariot

the whole thing, a lot of details are just lost in sea of blacks :( tir is actually really good looking, this sucks.
it's more apparent in darker scenes like that one.
Wow, that's really shitty. And that happens often?

I dont know if anyone compiled a list detailing the two or so added scenes each episode. Its pretty easy to tell what is new while watching though, for example the two monologues in the first episode, or the new conversation in the second episode and an additional monologue later on, and they tend to be around the points where an episode starts or ends.
I tried to watch episode 1, but I realized that I have less interest in rewatching Psycho-Pass than I thought. Maybe then in a few years, I think I'll be fine for now, even without the additional scenes.

Bravely Default
Bravely Default
Bravely Default
Bravely Default
I actually regret not being able to play Fire Emblem and Phoenix Wright.
Chariot is the end of BD? lmao
Chapter 5 to 9 are literally a 6 hour clipshow of my nipples.

Clov

tv
1406241580-noi.jpg

funi
1406241542-funi.jpg

Wow. I knew Funi had problems with their DVDs and BDs, but streaming too? That's pretty bad.

Glasslip Episode 4

Of course my favorite Glasslip character
falls asleep on the movie date. Good suggestion but Hiro should have chose a different movie
. Its really the only good romance one in this series. All the others range on being boring to just potentially being affected by ms understanding.
how does she get their names confused, thats pretty terrible.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Good thing I never sell my systems really, cause I would've ditched my Vita a long time ago.

Personal preferences I guess. Vita is the system I've used the most in 2014 (and was as well in 2013) and I think I have more games interested for the rest of the year on it than any other platform.

Clov

2013 was definitely the year I played my 3DS more than anything else. 2014 has been a great year for my Vita, though.

Thoraxes

Personal preferences I guess. Vita is the system I've used the most in 2014 (and was as well in 2013) and I think I have more games interested for the rest of the year on it than any other platform.
Oh yeah. The system i've used the most in 2013 and 2014 is the GBA lol. Not enough stuff on the new systems coming out that interest me.
But damn does the Vita have a lot of games coming out that I want.

Any of the ones I wanted are coming to PS4. Which is to say, Akiba's Trip. Maybe i'll get Danganronpa 2 at launch or just wait for a sale. And the Tales game is one of the crappier titles in the series, but it'll be a limited run and Gamestop exclusive (and I am a collection whore sometimes), so i'm not sure what to do about that.

2013 was definitely the year I played my 3DS more than anything else. 2014 has been a great year for my Vita, though.

Oh yeah, I guess 2013 did have SMT IV. I put like 200 hours into that game and it was great.

Thankfully I have both a Vita and a 3DS so I can have the best of two worlds. I'm paying much more attention to my handhelds nowadays than to my home consoles since handhelds are my friends on my huge daily trip to university (2 hours, at least).

I'm playing Ys Celceta on my Vita right now and I'm loving it. As for the 3DS, I'm considering the DLC for SMT IV since it's on sale right now, even though I hate DLC.

Thoraxes

Thankfully I have both a Vita and a 3DS so I can have the best of two worlds. I'm paying much more attention to my handhelds nowadays than to my home consoles since handhelds are my friends on my huge daily trip to university (2 hours, at least).

I'm playing Ys Celceta on my Vita right now and I'm loving it. As for the 3DS, I'm considering the DLC for SMT IV since it's on sale right now, even though I hate DLC.

I was thinking the same thing about the SMT IV DLC. Mostly because i've gotten like $15 back in eShop credit from all the free Wii U games i've gotten.

cajunator

Banned
I bought this for $5. Still had the poster inside but I had to get a new DVD case.

Worth it!

Just found out Steins;Gate is getting a re-release on Bluray/DVD combo from Funimation.

Definitely ordering this.

oooh nice. If you dont own this yet buy it!

Yeah I really want a Blu-ray re-release of Baccano. I mean on amazon it costs like $114 to $300, so expensive.

This is why I buy a lot of anime. It goes out of print soooo quickly. Theres no guarantee it will be available for very long.

TUSR

Banned
Heh I just started a Fire Emblem file again yesterday for fun. I still think SMTIV has been my overall favorite 3DS game so far, but they may be my SMT fanboy bias talking lol :D

waifus though

It's all about Animal Crossing.

AC was so booooring

Same. I had tactical rpg fun, tharja waifu, waifus for everybody else, and a character I can't remember that I think nobody ever noticed.

edit: just realized he was kohai personified.

yes

jgminto

Terror in Resonance 3

A more satisfying battle of wits compared to the last. The police force still seems incredibly stupid but at least there's someone who can provide a decent mental battle. But I'm pretty sure you could find the answer to that riddle in less than an hour with the internet instead of waiting for Puzzle and Dragons to save the day. Also I'm glad that Shibazaki is giving the audience a rational character to root for. Lisa has just been terrible in that respect. Her personality is literally just "sad". Obviously bullying and family issues have a significant impact on teenagers' emotions but the show isn't exploring any of that past the surface. They've shown she's being bullied and they've shown her mother is possessive and that's it.

Chariot

I love my Vita,but I need more Waifus!
Every of their videos.
This is terrible. What does pirates have that funi is lacking?

Terror in Resonance 3

A more satisfying battle of wits compared to the last. The police force still seems incredibly stupid but at least there's someone who can provide a decent mental battle. But I'm pretty sure you could find the answer to that riddle in less than an hour with the internet instead of waiting for Puzzle and Dragons to save the day.
I didn't try the recent one, but last weeks was impossible to find since google just spit out the classic ones. And I think this one this week needed a lot more thought and stretching.

AC was so booooring

What? Blasphemy! Nah just kidding. AC is definitely not for everyone but I loved it. Scared to return to it now for fear of weeds.

Reading all this 3DS talk makes me realize how much I played it last year (FE:A, LOZ:LBW, Pokemon, SMTIV, AC) and how it's so barren this year. At least Smash and Persona Q are still coming this year.

Sailor Moon 21

Some :sdburton going on between the two animator girls

All in all a pretty solid episode with some meta humor that worked fairly well.

mankoto

Glasslip 3
Always thought Yukinari was a pretty nice character despite being very protective/defensive. But here I found him to be very annoying and unlikable.

Damn it Hiro...

Thanks for the answer guys. Will look into the name.

Tokyo Ghoul 4

lol at the grimdark. Is this show going to give Barack Obama a run for its money at the most exaggerating face reactions? It might win though because this one is trying to make it psycho and dark, but it comes off as hilarious. I hope somebody makes a gif of the guy sniffing on the handkerchief I died laughing. So then we can have the trifecta of gifs of this season's anime:

burgertear.gif
minigunorgasm.gif
sniffingrager.gif

I was in this for the battle anime and I know it's coming, but please hurry up.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. Be ready for chapter 5 breh, chapter 4 I still liked the game. Then chapter 5 came and slapped its nipple on my face.

That was the part where I stopped playing. I wasn't
going to do all of that shit four more times with minimal differences. Worst design decision ever.
I'll look into Bravely Second so long as they don't pull that shit again.

Persona 4 Golden Episode 3

Beach was fun or even more fun than the game was though that yosuke line to kanji wasnt necessary, but yosuke second half leading the video message was great.

One of the remix songs in the house scene was pretty amazing. I need it, unless it is in the song list in the game already.

My SL needs to be in this anime, at least it seems my third favorite one is going to make a cameo in next weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom