• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
While I get that the game isn't for everyone, I don't understand all this Dota resentment.

RdCWeU1.png

what are you talking about, i love dota

cajunator

Banned
I don't hate. Well, I do. I enjoyed the last two episodes for their stupidness, but I actually dropped the show at first, because it was so boring and procedural. Two less episodes of Saya punching monsters by night would've been nice.

Well, at least we know that our hearts can't be measured by a program.

Get an irc client and look out for some kind of murf and you'll be fine.

And no, I love cajun-sama more than you, Ojiisan.

That's the way to go. Good job!

I love all of yall :)

Also I have no idea what DOTA plays like or anything.

Pooya

nozaki 4

without new character intro. it's not going to be as effective. Tomada kun aside, rest was meh.

survival game 4

this was just creepy. way too creepy....

Speaking of anime visual novels, I recently found one on Apple's App Store that has one of the strangest Free-to-wait models I've ever seen.

You've got these points called "Wings", and you lose like, 2 of them for every dialogue box you go through. You run out, and you can't advance through the story until you get more.

Yet there's no option in-game to my knowledge to actually spend real money on more Wings or to actually buy the whole Visual Novel for your IPhone/IPad. The only way to get more is to wait for a free bonus that you get everyday or do a bunch of other crap involving other advertisements that give you more.

There are too many games to play for me each year, I don't have the time to invest that much time into only one game.

I'm that way now, I hardly play multiplayer now because I just always think I could be playing one of the numerous single player games I have built up over the years.

But the combined time I have of StarCraft Brood War, WarCraft III Roc+Frozen Throne, Diablo II and WoW is probably monstrous

TUSR

Banned
I'm that way now, I hardly play multiplayer now because I just always think I could be playing one of the numerous single player games I have built up over the years.

But the combined time I have of StarCraft Brood War, WarCraft III Roc+Frozen Throne, Diablo II and WoW is probably monstrous

One day im going to log into my old WoW characters and add up the play time. Im guessing im just under 10000 hours.

I broke my elbow one summer and all I did was play WoW 16 hours a day...

lol never fucking mind I have to reinstall walking dead season 1 apparently because it's not finding my season 1 choices. Shit I hope it saved to the cloud. It should have.

guess ill watch somethign in the meantine.

Chariot

dude im not even old omgggg
Prove!

While I get that the game isn't for everyone, I don't understand all this Dota resentment.
I just thought it would be fun to bash something. I mean, I meant that in a totally sarcarony way. Yes.

I have over 2000 games played in LoL and I have no idea how that happened.
Me too. Holy shit and I didn't even play in the last months. WHERE IS MY LIFE GONE.

I love all of yall :)
Awww :)

Dota 2 talk huh... just managed to finally uninstall it for another break. Am at 2339hours...yeah. To then consider the amount of DotA I played back then in Wc3 and even a comparatively short HoN interlude.

Away with these thoughts!

Gekkan Shoujo Nosaki-kun 04

This episode was kinda meh but overall I quite like this show. The OP is really great. I hope this shows plot and humor doesn't go too deep into 'absurd' territory. Kinda liked the first two episodes more than the latter two.

jman2050

Nozaki-kun 4

Poor Mikorin, if you wanted advice on mixers you shouldn't have picked the two least qualified friends you know.

I really don't know whether I like this show or Sabagebu better. It's a really really tough call.

Tenumi

Banned
Akame ga Kill!: 04

I don't care if its stupid or bad or what, it's been enjoyable so far. That's reason enough for me to watch it.

jgminto

DRAMAtical Murder 4
I'm glad this episode wasn't a total disaster visually, it still had some off scenes but it was nowhere near the disaster of episode 3. That scene with Clear was really nice, I'm glad we got to hear some of the Jellyfish Song. I hope we'll hear the full version later on. I kinda just want them to hurry up and get to the second half of the story, this part was always the least interesting. It's when it gets to the specific routes that the VN gets interesting. I wonder how they're going to handle THAT scene next episode? I'd be totally fine with them removing it.

Chariot

Aldnoah.Zero 04

I like this protagonist and his friends. His cold, and collected antics are pretty good. It's nice to see that he isn't (so far at least) an exceptional fighter and instead excels in actually actively analyzing the enemy by testing him with attention.
Princess is pretty rad, too.

Barakamon 04

Best episode so far, this is the kind of lighthearted atmosphere I wanted from this show. The kids are actually patient most of the time and Naru is very well intended and adorable, as is poor Hina.

Space Dandy 04

Best episode so far (I shouldn't write that in the same post, it takes the value out of it). It was wonderful. I usually don't like Space Dick's personality, but it worked perfectly in this story. And I won't get that song out of my blood for a while.

Chariot I'm only 25 man!
That's way older than me.

cajunator

Banned
Dota 2 talk huh... just managed to finally uninstall it for another break. Am at 2339hours...yeah. To then consider the amount of DotA I played back then in Wc3 and even a comparatively short HoN interlude.

Away with these thoughts!

Gekkan Shoujo Nosaki-kun 04

This episode was kinda meh but overall I quite like this show. The OP is really great. I hope this shows plot and humor doesn't go too deep into 'absurd' territory. Kinda liked the first two episodes more than the latter two.

97 days?! How is that even possible?

PK Gaming

Monthly girls Nozaki-kun 4

The VN portion was downright hilarious and it totally solidified Mikorin was the best character for me. I especially dig the chemistry between Nozaki and Mikorin, they're really entertaining together (they friggin whipped up a BL chapter...)

Tomodo was the best love interest.

Sabagebu! 4

id6mf9FoBiFFu.gif

Pure Sabagebu!, captured in just under a minute.

I absolutely adore this show. It's really stupid, and not all that creative at times, but it's just incredibly wild and fun. It helps that the protagonist is legitimately one of (if not THE most) entertaining character on the show (which is a rarity in the anime world) and the narrator is kickass. My only gripe is that the show doesn't leverage the entire cast enough. Hopefully that'll change!

You all haven't done shit unless you've spent 2000 hours on Civ 4.

You know what's fun? Starting your map then finding out later you're gonna be some other country's bitch for the next 2000 years because you started near them until you get strong enough or smart enough or rich enough to beat them.

97 days?! How is that even possible?

Well it just is ;-;

Mind you, I usually have Dota 2 on all the time so it's probably rather less than half that amount actually spending time in the client. Either way it's still a lot though so yeh...

Oh yeah, it's also pretty much the only game I've played a lot of the last 2-3 years. There has been some weeks of intense Diablo 3 and a bit of Sc2 here and there. But overall I pretty much don't play many other games.

You know what's fun? Starting your map then finding out later you're gonna be some other country's bitch for the next 2000 years because you started near them until you get strong enough or smart enough or rich enough to beat them.

That's how history do

Sabagebu! 1-4

The first part of the first episode unsold me, it was stupid and bad, but endured, and near the end of the first episode and basically the rest of episodes are the good kind of stupid and bad!

Sabagebu might be stupid, but it's not bad!

Sabagebu! 1-4

The first part of the first episode unsold me, it was stupid and bad, but endured, and near the end of the first episode and basically the rest of episodes are the good kind of stupid and bad!

Finished a few things, gonna try to post in here more often at least when I finish a show.

Acchi Kocchi

Simply Adorable show, love the mix of extreme cuteness with light romance. Although I do wish they
showed more of them getting together as a couple instead of talking just about their compatibility
. Show brought many smiles to my face a number of laughs.

Wolf Children

Saw this last night for the first time. The movie almost lost me in the first few 10 or so minutes. Just really wasn't grabbing me at all. Then once she moved to the country house I really started to get into it. Loved watching the children grow up and choose what they wanted to do with their lives. Great movie in general, glad I bought it. Amazing soundtrack, gonna have to track it down.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Haikyuu 1 (again)

after somehow surviving the awful first few minutes, it actually became decent by the end, will watch a few more eps.

cajunator

Banned
Monthly girls Nozaki-kun 4

The VN portion was downright hilarious and it totally solidified Mikorin was the best character for me. I especially dig the chemistry between Nozaki and Mikorin, they're really entertaining together (they friggin whipped up a BL chapter...)

Tomodo was the best love interest.

Sabagebu! 4

id6mf9FoBiFFu.gif

Pure Sabagebu!, captured in just under a minute.

I absolutely adore this show. It's really stupid, and not all that creative at times, but it's just incredibly wild and fun. It helps that the protagonist is legitimately one of (if not THE most) entertaining character on the show (which is a rarity in the anime world) and the narrator is kickass. My only gripe is that the show doesn't leverage the entire cast enough. Hopefully that'll change!

Sabagebu is magical.

Well it just is ;-;

Mind you, I usually have Dota 2 on all the time so it's probably rather less than half that amount actually spending time in the client. Either way it's still a lot though so yeh...

Oh yeah, it's also pretty much the only game I've played a lot of the last 2-3 years. There has been some weeks of intense Diablo 3 and a bit of Sc2 here and there. But overall I pretty much don't play many other games.

I play about 1.5 hours worth of games every two weeks. Im not too much into them really. I watch about 3 hours of anime in the same time period. I should do more of both really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom