• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolf Children

Saw this last night for the first time. The movie almost lost me in the first few 10 or so minutes. Just really wasn't grabbing me at all. Then once she moved to the country house I really started to get into it. Loved watching the children grow up and choose what they wanted to do with their lives. Great movie in general, glad I bought it. Amazing soundtrack, gonna have to track it down.

There's this one part about the movie that I always wanted to discuss somewhere...

The first time Hana and Wolfman sleep together... why the fuck is he in his Wolf form? (At least that's when they initiate before the scene ends) Like, did Hana tell him she's into bestiality? Can't he get a boner in human form? Is his sperm not working properly when having coitus as human?

Just what the fuck, why isn't he in human form for that scene. I mean Hana may have liked him but I have to imagine that she would've been way, way more comfortable if he was human...

Also can't quite remember but if I recall correctly he was in control of shapeshifting: But even if not, I can't imagine they were both so fricking horny that Hana didn't mind doing it while he's in werewolf form lol.

Shergal

There's this one part about the movie that I always wanted to discuss somewhere...

The first time Hana and Wolfman sleep together... why the fuck is he in his Wolf form? (At least that's when they initiate before the scene ends) Like, did Hana tell him she's into bestiality? Can't he get a boner in human form? Is his sperm not working properly when having coitus as human?

Just what the fuck, why isn't he in human form for that scene. I mean Hana may have liked him but I have to imagine that she would've been way, way more comfortable if he was human...

Also can't quite remember but if I recall correctly he was in control of shapeshifting: But even if not, I can't imagine they were both so fricking horny that Hana didn't mind doing it while he's in werewolf form lol.

It's ~metaphorical~
meaning she accepts him as he is
. Rather blunt and some argue clumsy, but hey

Chariot

I don't really know, but my thought is
maybe it's just comfortable for him, or his control is slipping. While having sex it's easy to lose control about.. things.

Lurky

It feels weird trying to post here when it's not late at night. I don't like this feeling... Anyway I came to ask what shows ended up being good. I still need to choose stuff to watch. The only thing I'm watching so far is the Illya show and I haven't gotten to the second episode yet. So what does GAF recommend?
Please don't say Gun Art Online. No Silica no sale.

Chariot

It feels weird trying to post here when it's not late at night. I don't like this feeling... Anyway I came to ask what shows ended up being good. I still need to choose stuff to watch. The only thing I'm watching so far is the Illya show and I haven't gotten to the second episode yet. So what does GAF recommend?
Chariot says:
  • Sabagebu
  • Terror in Resonance
  • Barakamon
  • Nozaki-kun
  • Book of Circus.
(Not sorted)

And if you liked the first seasons: Space Dandy, Re: Hamatora, Yama no Susume. But you would watch that anyway if you did.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Barakamon
Yama no Susume S2

cajunator

Banned

Nozaki kun and Sabagebu!

It's ~metaphorical~
meaning she accepts him as he is
. Rather blunt and some argue clumsy, but hey

If they really wanted to convey that as a metaphorical meaning then yeh... that's really clumsy. Not only is it night impossible for me to see the scene that way, it would be rather needless and redundant as they establish mere moments beforehand that she's accepting of his shapeshifting...

Chariot

I still can't believe Sabagebu made light of a serious eating disorder.
One small arc in Suki-tte Ii na yo. shocked me in that regard. The protagonist tried to lose weight (she is manga-normal, which means actually skinny) and she just did, without any reflection or any word about young girls wanting to lose weight for boys.

Brah Barakamon, Nozaki-kun, and Terror in Resonance.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
If they really wanted to convey that as a metaphorical meaning then yeh... that's really clumsy. Not only is it night impossible for me to see the scene that way, it would be rather needless and redundant as they establish mere moments beforehand that she's accepting of his shapeshifting...

too :hito for you?

sonicmj1

Log Horizon 13-15

Wait, did his conversation with the mage guy really end at
that revelation about player death? What happened to the third use of World Fraction? Wasn't he going to give some information in exchange?
Don't hold out on me, show!

Anyway, the B-plot that had been going on for a while with the kids in the training camp turned out nicely. I know from my Dota experience how big a difference it can make when everybody's on the same page going into a teamfight, and episode 15 captured that feeling of cooperation well. I like the show when it gets at those elements of online culture.

Seems like things are about to get more serious. I'll be happy as long as Crusty keeps on winning life in his space marine armor.

Vylash

Nozaki-kun, Sabagebu, Barakamon

also i've got no idea what's going on in Chariot's avatar

Lurky

Chariot says:
  • Sabagebu
  • Terror in Resonance
  • Barakamon
  • Nozaki-kun
  • Book of Circus.
(Not sorted)

And if you liked the first seasons: Space Dandy, Re: Hamatora, Yama no Susume. But you would watch that anyway if you did.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Barakamon
Yama no Susume S2

Nozaki kun and Sabagebu!

Brah Barakamon, Nozaki-kun, and Terror in Resonance.

I guess that i'm watching Barakamon, Nozaki-kun, and Sabagebu then. Thanks guys.

Eureka Seven - 43

BtlUzIxCEAAo7bl.png

Good gravy! They've found the script for Captain Earth!

Holland gets a new mecha out of nowhere while Eureka, Renton, and the Rugrats are trapped on the beach not knowing what to do. Yeah. Everybody kept talking about how important it was
to get past the great wall that either they forgot to tell them or they had no clue what to do once they got through it. Apparently Norb has an idea, if the book is any indication.

The end of this episode was super unsettling in how abrupt it was.
So I'm guessing Eureka's getting sick because of being on Earth? This doesn't bode well.

Akame ga Kill 4

Good episode with passable fight animation. Hopefully White Fox can blow their budget on the Jaeger fights.

Seems like JUSTICE won't be until episode 6, but IIRC, a certain other character should show up next week :)

Aldnoah.Zero 01-04

Loving this show so far, CGI mechs are a bit disappointing but it works for this show's settings and it is not jarring compared to other shows who opted for CGI (I'm looking at you Love Live!). I have to say this must be one of Urobuchi's weaker works when it comes to execution for in his other works of Fate/Zero and Madoka Magika I would already be attached to the characters already at this point, which as of right now only Slaine interests me as a character while Inaho serves as the badass intellectual that pwns everything (not Lelouch status, but still entertaining to watch).

As for the OST I need it in my fucking veins. Haters of the OST so far mind-boggles me, accusations of the vocalist having a "screeching voice" doesn't make sense as its nothing compared to your modern rock band.

Sword Art Online II 01-04

Haven't been posting my reactions so far so I'll just re-condense it again. Show is starting off nicely and the world is interesting enough. Though we all have a good hunch Shinon is eventually going to join the Kirito-harem I do hope she doesn't. Her character is what's carrying this show so far and if they screw her up I don't know what to say.

Terror in Tokyo 01-03

This show is great, the OP is bland and the ED could use some work, but the show itself is great. Black/White conflicts are nonexistent and the series prides itself in Shades of Grey with both protagonists being terrorists that you're somehow rooting for? Great concept so far, really makes you think.

Tokyo Ghoul 01-04

Fun show. Not expecting much about it but way better than the shit that was Black Bullet. Honestly the whole ghoul concept reminds more of mutants from X-Men with their tentacle powers rather than actual ghouls/zombies.

---------------

But yeah, so far a way better roster than shitty Spring 2014.

PK Gaming

I still can't believe Sabagebu made light of a serious eating disorder.

It also glorifies gun violence and has a mix of almost every cliched anime trope.

But in spite of that, I still manage to derive enjoyment from it because its core elements (Such as the narrator's comedy, the protagonist, the self-awareness and overall weirdness) are really strong. In other words:

It's so bad, it's good

I really don't get why so many people get so hung up over a scene that lasts no longer than 30 seconds. I wouldn't even call it clumsy. It's not like the movie is forcing you to sit through some long, awkward sex scene like something out of the The Room.

Vylash

It also glorifies gun violence and has a mix of almost every cliched anime trope.

But in spite of that, I still manage to derive enjoyment from it because its core elements (Such as the narrator's comedy, the protagonist, the self-awareness and overall weirdness) are really strong. In other words:

It's so bad, it's good

lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I really don't get why so many people get so hung up over a scene that lasts no longer than 30 seconds. I wouldn't even call it clumsy. It's not like the movie is forcing you to sit through some long, awkward sex scene like something out of the The Room.
They're soulless people who cannot process true love.

Chariot

Its probably not important, but its actual a legit question.

Yeah, perhaps i'm using that phrase wrong. In any case, I really enjoy it.

Haha
I would call it just 'fun'. :D

Quasar

probably helps that I've become more and more soured by anime and have gotten closer to western tv and video games again.

I wonder when I'll recover. Pretty much all my other media consumption has died in the face of my relatively new and growing consumption of anime/manga/ln/japanese music. Even gaming...where I now spend more time reading and discussing news than I do the play. I'm especially sad about my dying film consumption which I blame on the same reason for me trying anime - total burnout on superheros. And that bubble sadly still hasn't burst.

mankoto

PriPara 4
Just when I was yelling in my head for the umpteenth time to just leave your tickets at home, the Headmistress decides to make a house call... She needs to relax. Based Non though. Coming through not once, but twice for her older sister.

are we ntrGAF now
Can we not?

Though thats par for the course in games. Have a female looking avatar and you attract attention like that.
Fair enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom