• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Alright, newest "Let's Watch" is up... Sunday Without God

tumblr_ms0oofULXy1rlh2ako1_500.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=177045083#post177045083

PLEASE join us...!

Feel what you want, but this is a truth that predates anime. There aren't different rules. All you just mentioned was story and plot, which are different. Character development, true character development, is when the characters have been written as organic beings whose actions and decisions affect the plot moving forward and how that forces the character to change or choose to remain the same in the face of new challenges and obstacles.

Now my memory might be a bit foggy, but isn't this basically what the second cour of Garo is about, with Leon?

JulianImp

here ya go... This is him being abused properly..

tumblr_ntk40xq80d1qbvovho1_500.gif

tumblr_nti0rzzPQg1rlaowao1_500.gif

I honestly hate how the writers managed to completely derail what seemed like a decent character and turn him into little more than comic relief in the span of a single episode. Then again, the show appears to be quite adept at pulling those sudden characterization 180s, sadly...

Now my memory might be a bit foggy, but isn't this basically what the second cour of Garo is about, with Leon?
The second cour was almost entirely about Leon's growth and maturity after his massive fuck up at the end of the first cour, there was a lot about the Prince stepping up to the plate in leading his kingdom and protecting it, more revealed about the kind of person Germán was/is and Ema's past was revealed.

Anyone saying Garo had no character development wasn't actually watching it.

Zukuu

Banned
Oh god, I just watched Angel Densetsu from 1996 (40 min OVA). Fucking hilarious. Last time I laughed so hard was when I watched Detroit Metal City. Awesome!

Busaiku

A Game of Laplace

Augh, there's often a lot of text on screen and characters talking over each other.
Why couldn't this be a broadcast dub.

Cornbread78

I honestly hate how the writers managed to completely derail what seemed like a decent character and turn him into little more than comic relief in the span of a single episode. Then again, the show appears to be quite adept at pulling those sudden characterization 180s, sadly...

It's 100% her fault:
tumblr_ns3y1e5lcR1urkfj9o1_500.gif

I will be pissed if the show somehow ships Yusarin and Takajo and skips on Nao and Yuu.... blood will be spilled...

Million Doll 07 + 08

This is such an odd series, I like it but nothing has really happened in these eight episodes, everyone has kinda moved up in the world but that's about it, every episode is just four minutes of repeating the same thing over and over, I don't even know anymore, I guess it's just way too short for anything to actually happen, one could wonder why you'd even bother making a show then but hey, at least it's fun.

There's also a second opening, It's as badgood as the first one but I can't find it uploaded anywhere, shame.

Snow White with the Red Hair 9
I'm not sure why I'm still watching this. It is well made, but it's so one note saccharine sweet that it is ultimately altogether flavorless. These half-hearted attempts to introduce some sort of conflict into the show just aren't enough.

Tizoc

Has anyone called the One-punch Man OT? If not I call it. It's mine.

Doubt it

Edit: Is there no Non Non Biyori today?

Oh sorry I meant to ask if they are 'uncensored' ^^;
Honestly Kajo always spouting dirty jokes is getting tiresome, but gatdayum Ep. 4, and then Kajo comes to ruin it.
Saotome's voice is annoying to...

Honestly Kajo always spouting dirty jokes is getting tiresome, but gatdayum Ep. 4, and then Kajo comes to ruin it.

Oh that I don't know. Yeah that joke got old and annoying pretty quick.

Kajo's shtick got tired really quickly. Shimoneta as a whole has unfortunately shown very little ability to mix up its comedy.

JulianImp

It's 100% her fault:

I will be pissed if the show somehow ships Yusarin and Takajo and skips on Nao and Yuu.... blood will be spilled...

Yeah, I guess Yusarin not only turned a decent character into generic comic relief, but she also has the habit of being slapstick: the character with her sudden transitions to her temperamental older sister. God damn whoever though it was a good idea to use slapstick humor anywhere and everywhere...

Still, the show hasn't managed to make me care about a single character among its cast so far, so the way the story is trying so hard to ship Yuu with Nao makes me cringe. Time and time again, the show keeps telling us stuff rather than showing it to us, which is a pretty ham-fisted way of developing the narrative.

Firemind

Prison School is starting to wear thin. Are we going to see more of Hana and the school president? Because seeing the vice president squatting etc. is starting to get old. If I wanted to see that I'd start reading the doujins.

phaze

Prison School is starting to wear thin. Are we going to see more of Hana and the school president? Because seeing the vice president squatting etc. is starting to get old. If I wanted to see that I'd start reading the doujins.

light spoilers
There should be plenty of Hana fairly soon. Mari on other hand doesn't get much time to shine IIRC.

Kinda the same as the previous episodes, Hana pops up now and then to make the best scenes while Mari doesn't do much.

For some reason Vice Pres gets the most screentime of all the female characters, it's something I always disliked since I think she's pretty gross.

jonjonaug

Light spoilers...

Hana: Absolutely, yes. The best scene of the entire first arc is still incoming.

Mari: Not so much. We get a bit of character development out of her in the first arc (what the anime is covering), but the majority of her character development happens after where the anime is going to end.

Yuru Yuri Nachuyachumi!+ 1
Abandon all hope for the coming season. If only Ohta wasn't being wasted on Umaru-chan. The 2nd season wasn't very good either, but at least it wasn't as devoid of humor as these OVAs.

Yes...why can't he be stuck working on the third season of a dead franchise that was never that good to begin with?

The first season was good, which is more than what you can say about Umaru-chan. But no, I don't actually wish he was still working on Yuru Yuri. He should have stopped after the first season.

Mailbox

Alright, newest "Let's Watch" is up... Sunday Without God

tumblr_ms0oofULXy1rlh2ako1_500.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=177045083#post177045083

PLEASE join us...!

Damn it cornbread!
You know I'm already halfway through this and plan to finish it today T_T

Skipping this one because it doesn't look very interesting to me and MGS V is out tomorrow

It's probably the most interesting case of post apocalyptic setting I've seen in anime. And very interesting use of zombies too.

Risette

A Good Citizen
umaru is one of the better dogakobo shows. it's good to see what their A-team can do when not constrained to 4koma adaptations or adaptations of questionable source material. only way it could be better is if it had the visual quality of Love Lab.

Cornbread78

Damn it cornbread!
You know I'm already halfway through this and plan to finish it today T_T

It's probably the most interesting case of post apocalyptic setting I've seen in anime. And very interesting use of zombies too.

Well, I did post that it was going to be the title several times, lol.

put off the final 6 episodes until next week and join is!.

Gintama Reaper Arc

Well that was probably the best looking set of Gintama episodes but I didn't think the arc was super interesting or good. It wasn't bad but it didn't live up to the Yoshiwara/Four Devas arcs

umaru is one of the better dogakobo shows. it's good to see what their A-team can do when not constrained to 4koma adaptations or adaptations of questionable source material. only way it could be better is if it had the visual quality of Love Lab.

But Doga Kobo's best (only good?) shows are 4-koma adaptations.

Yugioh Arc-V 71

So, it definitely seems like Yuuya will need to beat Jack to have any chance of convincing people how fucking wrong this society is. Also, I had suspected it before, but now I'm convinced that the Chief is working for the fusion dimension

Gintama Reaper Arc

Well that was probably the best looking set of Gintama episodes but I didn't think the arc was super interesting or good. It wasn't bad but it didn't live up to the Yoshiwara/Four Devas arcs

Well yeah because the arc was mostly a setup to what's going to occur later on. So in that sense it was good.

It's going to take a dark turn especially since Nobu Nobu was introduced.

Sterok

Shirayukihime 9

I started watching this because certain people were hyping this up. Why were they hyping this up? It's not bad in anyway, but not good either. Just kind of dull. The characters are likable, but not so likable that I want to continue watching just to see them. I don't have a reason to drop, but I'm barely interested enough to catch it every week. Maybe I just want to watch something that doesn't take place in a freaking high school.

Oh yeah, the episode itself. Uh, don't let her get drunk. And Obi is kind of cool I guess.

Shirayukihime 9

I started watching this because certain people were hyping this up. Why were they hyping this up? It's not bad in anyway, but not good either. Just kind of dull. The characters are likable, but not so likable that I want to continue watching just to see them. I don't have a reason to drop, but I'm barely interested enough to catch it every week. Maybe I just want to watch something that doesn't take place in a freaking high school.

Oh yeah, the episode itself. Uh, don't let her get drunk. And Obi is kind of cool I guess.

I haven't really seen much hype for this. Most people only seem to be watching it out of obligation to Ando/Bones. I don't think I'll even bother with the second season.

kierwynn

Charlotte 6-9

I made the terrible decision to watch episode 6 before I went to bed last night when there was 0 chance I could watch anymore until after work today and man... having to wait to see 7 sucked but not as much as seeing what happened in 7. That was just depressing. 8 was okay- the last half was fine tho I thought there was too much Yusa stuff in the beginning what with the class stuff and then sitting there and watching the music video which didn't seem to have much purpose? idkkk 9 was super interesting, however- finally got into the actual plot.

Finally caught up but now I gotta wait until the next episode womp Gotta figure out what I wanna try and catch up on next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom