• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyouka - 13

I pretty much have to re-iterate everything I said about the previous episode. The same kind of energy that went into that is still in full force.in this episode.

I love the little tidbits like Oreki looking at Chitanda in all the different outfits. That was funny on its own, but I especially enjoy how the show handled how Chitanda found out. It was an awkward cute little moment, and that's all it was.

Any other high school anime would have probably made a huge deal about it and have characters yelling about the whole thing, making it less funny.

Hyouka really does a good job of portraying high school characters.

Hyouka - 13

I pretty much have to re-iterate everything I said about the previous episode. The same kind of energy that went into that is still in full force.in this episode.

I love the little tidbits like Oreki looking at Chitanda in all the different outfits. That was funny on its own, but I especially enjoy how the show handled how Chitanda found out. It was an awkward cute little moment, and that's all it was.

Any other high school anime would have probably made a huge deal about it and have characters yelling about the whole thing, making it less funny.

Hyouka really does a good job of portraying high school characters.
Seeing your episode impressions of the show always puts a smile on my face. Hyoukas2good4me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dennou Coil 1:

Still the greatest science fiction work of our time.

Man it's sucks that I haven't been able to watch any anime due to school. It's not like summer where I had lots of spare time.

I guess I'll probably be able to watch a few shows over the weekend.

Durarara X2 21

Izaya certainly is full of surprises isn't he?
Not only are you ruining a guy's life because he stabbed Shinra (sort of) but you're also getting Celty to protect your sister. Granted the latter is not for particularly selfless reasons but hey they don't seem to care that much.

But what's really interesting is that Celty now knows that Izaya has her head. How will that change things?

Cornbread78

Shirayuki-hime ep.9
I like the series, but that was a pretty slow episode overall. A drunk Shirayuki was cute and all and we did get more insight into some motivations, but not Obi yet. Zen trusts him, but who is he really? Is he falling for Shirayuki too.. hmmm.

Quasar

I haven't really seen much hype for this. Most people only seem to be watching it out of obligation to Ando/Bones. I don't think I'll even bother with the second season.

I'd say its one of my favourite new shows. Of course part of that is that its not an adaption of a thing I'd already read.

And it lines up right with Yona and World is Still Beautiful, both of which I loved.

Kvik

I like Akatsuki no Yona too, early on I thought it was going to be a reverse-harem type of thing, (it is a bit like that), but seeing her character grew as the series went along was great.

Season 2 when?

phaze

Why? It's still glacially paced with a 1000 characters that each get a few minutes of screen time per season. I wouldn't really recommend it.
Well,Celty's head and all that entails was always the story arc that interested me the most so i wouldn't say no to seeing some progress on that front. With that said, though i remember some people saying it got better, i will wait for the cour to end before deciding. Drrr seems to work much better when marathoned.

Narag

Vampire Hunter D
mERx9vql.jpg
Qad9bcXl.jpg
KTXi5SFl.jpg
Sentai disc checked out. Looks better than it ever has. It's pretty barebones and one possibly glaring omission is the original Streamline dub. No love lost for that from me though as it's pretty terrible, especially Larmica's accent.

Shirayuki 09

Yeah I agree with everyone who says that there's nothing special about the show. However the show isn't bad either, it is just one of those safe shows to watch. Gives me something to do on Mondays lol. Today's episode was alright, Obi is now also part of the castle.

BRB finding anime skeletons in your closet

I own the S1 blu-ray and love it

I have no interest to watch S2

Man, never be ashamed of liking season 1 of Psycho-pass.

Although I don't understand why we're calling it season 1, since Psycho-pass didn't get a sequel.

Just a movie...

...that I hope is good.

ibyea

Banned
Man, never be ashamed of liking season 1 of Psycho-pass.

Although I don't understand why we're calling it season 1, since Psycho-pass didn't get a sequel.

Just a movie...

...that I hope is good.

All you have to do to enjoy the season two that was never relseased is shift your reference frame and view it as a comedy.
;_;

KanameYuuki

Anyone else having troubles with crunchyroll? They can't just leave me like this, I was going to watch Non Non Biyori but it is not loading T~T I need my weekly dose.

Cornbread78

Actually, I Am ep.9
Wow, I was not expecting this kind of episode after last weeks letdown. Great relationship development for Youko and Asahi. I mean, thise last 10 mins of story were great and we're definitely needed to advance the story. The similarities between their relationship and her parents is definitely spot on. I guess I was really surprised at just how well they put that whole pool scene together after the comedy bits earlier. Even our pink haired, devil, principal agrees that it's just starting to hear up. It's a shame we won't get a second season, but it's been a fun ride overall. ... Again, great episode.

Hyperoats, man. Hyperoats.

Ehh, that's fine.

Do I wish that hyperoats been brought up earlier in the story? Yeah. But in context of the story, they make sense.

And there are some things in stories I'm willing to look past, because I enjoy the other stuff.

I'm not saying Psycho-Pass is a perfectly told story. It's not. But I still really like it.

If you are taking suggestions for the next one Cornbread I'd like to suggest Hoozuki no Reitetsu since I've been wanting to watch it for a while. It's on Crunchyroll.

It's deeper into Japanese mythology then Eccentric Family though so I dunno how it would go over.

Gvitor

Angel Beats! 06-13 (END)

Really enjoyed this. And I was so off with my early theories lol

They really didn't bother explaining why the adult wasn't an NPC, and the reason he disappeared, but I guess I can rule it out with the whole "all NPCs were once humans" and disregard that the only humans were teenagers.

Most of the characters indeed didn't have time to be proper developed in such short time, but the ones who did were really good, imo. The only one I didn't care much was Yuri, for some reason. I did like the "humans can't even wait 10 minutes" scene though.

Music was fantastic. There isn't one track I dislike. It also made the final scene way better, imo, since I wasn't buying the whole "I figured out you're the guy who donated my heart because I stabbed you and you rested on my chest". (nevermind that there's no way he got his heart donated and the whole time paradox thing)

I really liked the credits scene, will all characters disappearing, and Otonashi disappearing as well. It could really end there, subtle and effective. The after credits scene was nice, but I honestly think him disappearing at the end credits would've been a better way to end it.

Humour was also great. Got some good laughs and the mapo doufu song was perfect, hahaha

The one thing that really bugged me was the whole "I love you" scene at the end. I sensed no love whatsoever between the two of them during the series. And Kanade looking like a 10 year old didn't help a bit.

Props to them hiring a VA that actually speaks decent english (TK). For some reason he spoke japanese sometimes (zetsubou no carnival, lol), and the stuff he said made no sense at all, but at least it was understandable (and legit good). I kiss you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom