• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rokka no Yuusha 01

Went into this one with low expectations and came out pleasantly surprised. The art is gorgeous and the story interesting. I don't tend to like fantasy stuff much but this one seems to be good so far. Will keep watching!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Its great,just make sure you watch Ace of Diamond as well and Haikyuu. Production IG is the god of Sports anime.
Uh oh DTL is recommending it. Just kidding I saw all the crossplay at AX so I know. I already watched Haikyuu which everyone should watch Ep 1 of.
Humanity Has Declined 5-6

What an interesting pair of episodes. Love how sarcastic the mediator is and Assistant-kun is the best character in the show. I don't really know what more to really say about this show...
Really enjoyable series.

duckroll

The new PV for ANDO-SAMA's Snow White with Red Hair looks much better: https://youtu.be/XzXLibJm6GE

Getting cautiously excited again...

So according to the official page, God Eater will be airing on the 12th:

http://anime.godeater.jp/en/onair/

Also on the website you can view character art and story synopsis all in English.

Yeah but the Japanese official site still hasn't updated with confirmation of when the first episode will formally begin. I think production is still behind. So it could get delayed further. :(

Yeah but the Japanese official site still hasn't updated with confirmation of when the first episode will formally begin. I think production is still behind. So it could get delayed further. :(

But this came from the God Eater panel at Anime Expo, this is supposed to be the official global website. Wouldn't that mean that this is it?

cajunator

Banned
Shimoneta - 01

That glorious laugh. This was dumb enough to get me to watch a few more, I just hope it doesn't get tiring or that it blew the whole load in the first episode.
I need more sleepy-chan

whats the english name of this?

I have to say I really love shows like this and Barakamon, you could say I have a soft spot for them. Just a comfy and relaxing anime that you could pretty much recommend to anyone.

It was really great episode plus Ren is such a adorable character with a amazing personality.

Watch Acchi Kocchi!

That's it! I was trying to remember what this was called the other day! I was gonna read the manga but then I couldn't think of what the name was. You jogged my memory!

Potemayo is adorable!
Guchiko is my favorite.

duckroll

But this came from the God Eater panel at Anime Expo, this is supposed to be the official global website. Wouldn't that mean that this is it?

God Eater was supposed to start airing in Japan today. Instead, the God Eater Extra 00 special program will air in its place because the episode isn't complete. They also had to cancel the pre-screening event a few days ago in Japan because there was nothing to screen. The announcement of the delay also indicated that are more God Eater Extra special programs planned, which suggests that they're not confident in the schedule at all and are preparing to fill broadcast slots if there are no episodes to air.

Episode 1 will -probably- air next week, but with the schedule going this tight, I honestly don't expect the series to complete airing within the seasonal slot. There will probably be breaks in-between when they can't finish episodes in time, and eventually they'll run out of broadcast slots and delay the remaining episodes until they find some way to air them in future. Lol.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
What new shows seem good so far? Im not really into Gatchaman, so Ill skip that for sure, haha.

ibyea

Banned
God Eater was supposed to start airing in Japan today. Instead, the God Eater Extra 00 special program will air in its place because the episode isn't complete. They also had to cancel the pre-screening event a few days ago in Japan because there was nothing to screen. The announcement of the delay also indicated that are more God Eater Extra special programs planned, which suggests that they're not confident in the schedule at all and are preparing to fill broadcast slots if there are no episodes to air.

Episode 1 will -probably- air next week, but with the schedule going this tight, I honestly don't expect the series to complete airing within the seasonal slot. There will probably be breaks in-between when they can't finish episodes in time, and eventually they'll run out of broadcast slots and delay the remaining episodes until they find some way to air them in future. Lol.

*sigh* This season is looking grim, at least for me personally.

This I have heard of. It's understandable too, coming right off UBW those animators must be dying for a break. I love the series, and I am hoping that it turns out well for the viewers, but I hope that those guys are alright lol.

What new shows seem good so far? Im not really into Gatchaman, so Ill skip that for sure, haha.
Standouts for me so far of new stuff that isn't a continuation of previous seasons were Charlotte, Classroom Crisis and Rokka no Yuusha. Durarara and Working are awesome too but again,those are continuations.

Little Witch Academia 2

Man I wish Trigger was like this all the time. On a certain level I appreciate the bad and dumb Ninja Slayer/Inferno Cop Trigger but stuff like LWA is what I imagined them making when they were formed.

LWA has the original cast of MC, Weird Girl and Straight Man along with the newcomers Fiery Tomboy, Never-Stops-Eating and a Squid Girl from Splatoon. Although I'm surprised Never-Stops-Eating never opened her eyes to go into beast mode. I think it did a good enough job at juggling all these characters but could have been better. The animation was spectacular as you would expect.

tv series next plz

Hard to say, not everything has aired and what has has only one episode out. Ushio and Tora seems neat.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! Movie

Was all right. Nothing really beyond what I expected though.

Thoughts:
-Kaede > your favorite idoru, and her constantly being put on the backburner only shows that Sunrise is afraid of her stealing everyone's thunder if she were to get just a decent amount of screentime. :p And fuck idol fans. Not even in the top 10? Salty ass bitches angry just cause Kaede's better than them at everything, especially life.
-I've already forgotten the name of that idol who lives in the bunker in the catacombs of Starlight and I don't care to remember it again.
-How did I know that when Shion said "Our dog can track their scent", the dog would be Otome?
-Speaking of which, that on-stage drama was the best part of the movie.
-Was disappointed at the reuse of old songs and the lack of new ones (it's a movie, step it up). Having somebody like Kanon was a nice touch though, I guess.
-Yurika can math. Who knew?
-Akari was really the true star of the movie.
-Just fucking retire, Mizuki.

cajunator

Banned
Humanity Has Declined 5-6

What an interesting pair of episodes. Love how sarcastic the mediator is and Assistant-kun is the best character in the show. I don't really know what more to really say about this show...

oh yes I squeed when she appeared

Don't know why I keep watching Gatchaman crowds besides Hajime and the music. Everything else is pretty mediocre.

Thats really the only two reasons anyone needs to watch Gatchaman crowds.

Yeah I hope they don't die making a God Eater anime of all things. Would be a tragedy. I like Ufotable! :(

Still salty as fuck that we didn't get an english localization announcement of God Eater 2 Rage Burst. Been waiting for 2 to come over for two years now, and the release of RB on both the Vita and PS4 made me think its release overseas was near... Not only did we not get the news, the anime got delayed. My heart hurts for God Eater :'( And for Ufotable too, those guys are super talented.

duckroll

Well, I dunno. Battle of Gods was pretty goofy. I didn't see Resurrection of F yet.

I heard Battle of the Gods was marketed as a OMG SERIOUS EPIC FIGHT DBZ movie, but turned into a huge We-Just-Want-To-Have-Goofy-Fun troll instead. Which apparently made it a better movie in the end!

I heard Battle of the Gods was marketed as a OMG SERIOUS EPIC FIGHT DBZ movie, but turned into a huge We-Just-Want-To-Have-Goofy-Fun troll instead. Which apparently made it a better movie in the end!

There's a scene where Vegeta dances and sings so Beerus doesn't blow up Earth

Grexeno

Gatchaman Crowds insight Episode 00

Oh, so Rui finally became a full Gatchaman. I was surprised when it didn't happen in the first season.

Well, I dunno. Battle of Gods was pretty goofy. I didn't see Resurrection of F yet.

Admittedly I haven't seen any Dragon Ball since my tastes of catching glimpses of it on Toonami and scornfully passing it over in favor of Sailor Moon. So I don't really know much of what's going on in that world besides what I happen to pick up from secondhand sources.

Andrew J.

Symphogear GX 01

My favorite dumb awesome show is back. Opening scene was super hype, the rest was great too.

LWA 02

Trigger saves anime for, what, the fifth time? So many great Akko faces, more Sucy, robot witch, fat Mugi...I loved every second.

Narag

Oh yeah forgot to post this midyear update:

Anyhow, thought it might be fun to toy with the idea of New Year’s resolution nonsense (past the universal one we all share of watching less anime) and having folk picking some backlog stuff to finally get to this year rather than putting off for one reason or another. More than likely it’s something popular that might engender some discussion rather than people talking past one another and, frankly, deadline pressure doesn’t hurt. I wouldn’t get too involved though given how life can throw one a curveball nor would I expect everyone to post about every episode watched but hey, there’s still good stuff for most of us to watch yet.

To get us started, I took an informal poll of some people to help serve as an example. Something, say, like one long series, a couple short series, a handful of movies, or some sort of combination would be ideal. It’s not meant to be a burden but rather that extra push to chisel away at the lingering part of the ol’ backlog.

Deputy Dangle
  • Hyouka
  • Wolf's Rain
darkside31337
  • Hunter x Hunter (2011)
dresden
  • Armored Trooper VOTOMS
  • The Last Red Shoulder
  • Mellowlink
firehawk12
  • last 13 eps of Utena
gashikunFLCL
  • The rest of Urusei Yatsura
haly
  • Hidasketch
Mature
  • Hyouka
  • Wolf's Rain
  • Irresponsible Captain Tylor
  • The rest of Urusei Yatsura
madpierrot
  • Hunter x Hunter (2011)
    [*]Turn A Gundam
    [*]Digimon S1
MetroidPrimeRib
  • Gintama
Mr. Jeff
  • Gundam Build Fighters
Narag
  • Rest of the Ghibli films not seen yet
  • ZZ Gundam
  • Last half of Hyouka
  • Mazinger Z
  • Space Adventure Cobra TV
SliceSabre
  • Gundam 00
  • Turn A Gundam
sonicmj1
  • Armored Trooper VOTOMS
  • the rest of Mushishi
survivor
  • Kare Kano
  • Kimi no Todoke
ZachDeKoromaru
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Sailor Moon S

Anyhow, I’ll leave this open until the end of the month and finalize it then if there’s enough interest. We can all have a good laugh at MPR when everyone but him has finished at the end of the year.

Things are looking grim.

Oh yeah forgot to post this midyear update:

Things are looking grim.

I will finish Gintama before Firehawk finishes Utena

That and what gets Beerus pissed enough to want to do that is because Buu ate all the pudding.

Or something along those lines, I haven't seen the movie yet.

I think that's correct, yeah

I was thinking about doing a post on all the Dragon Ball movies (yes, I have seen all of them even BIO BROLY) but then I realized I forgot most of that shit and I don't really wanna rewatch them. Maybe One Piece? It's less movies.

I kinda think shonen movies are kinda under appreciated in a lot of ways.

cajunator

Banned
Dragon Ball Super OP

this is a legit real series that is actually happening.

Its definitely db alright. That money train must have been. Approaching the last stations.

The new PV for ANDO-SAMA's Snow White with Red Hair looks much better: https://youtu.be/XzXLibJm6GE

Getting cautiously excited again...

It looks great! How much is this like actual Snow White?

These names are crazy. I keep thinking of strange song titles like "the quiet things that no one ever knows"

Gatchaman Crowds 4

Man is Mamoru Miyano hamming it with his role as the creepy Alien kissu guy, he's really a great VA. The GALAX is really interconnected to the point where people are useless without it. Rui seems to be struggling in his goal of updating the World. Hajime is genki as ever with Utsutsu being really quiet and cute. I wonder why Sugane looks up to Joe so much. It seems Joe is going into battle.

Enjoying the show so far.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Thanks for the responses! I'll check these out :)

I really hope ufotable doesnt go out of business tho, theyre fucking great.

Has Ufotable been surviving project to project or something? Surely Aniplex has a vested interest in keeping them afloat.

Edit: Oh, duckroll meant "die" in a different sense.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I just wanted to chime in that I actually did finish watching Hidasketch. Well, I have one episode left of Sae and Hiro's graduation arc but otherwise it's all done.

MOVIE WHEN!?

Arcadius

Banned
Kiniro Mosiac

This was amazing. It's super cute; I mean.. it's like cute on cute on cute. The girls are so adorable, pretty and cute.

Kiniro Mosaic is an episodic based anime about 5 girls going through high school. It features two girls from England, Alice and Karen. Alice is totally adorable and could be an imouto. She's just the cutest and I want to hold her all day! Karen is also really cute having beautiful long blonde hair; she also speaks in broken Japanese which is just out of this world amazing. I've never heard broken Japanese in an anime like in Kiniro Mosaic and it's pulled off so well.

Both Alice and Karen also speak English (Engrish) and it's really really cute! I love listening to the seiyuu speak in English and it's never annoying for me.

(Alice)
HfB8mKf.gif

Ahhhhh, don't you just want to hug her?!!?!?!?! <3

The other girls are Shinobu, she looks like an Asian doll that Alice has, and it's really funny. She also loves blonde girls and gets all lovey dovey with Alice and Karen; she also loves to wear cute outfits and cosplays in them!

Inokuma is a really pretty red head with a great personality. She's like the rock of the entire groups’ relationship, being level headed and capable of taking care of things. She's really fun and I love how she's animated with a little fang like tooth, showing how tomboyish she can be.

Aya is the last girl of the group, having cute twintails (love twintails) and a personality similar to Shinobu's when Shinobu thinks about Alice; that is... really lovey dovey, though Aya is extremely shy about confronting her feelings towards Inokuma.

I can't forget about the Karasuma-Sensei either, she's one the cutest sensei's in all of anime history; I'd compare her to the sensei from Yuyushiki (everyone calls the sensei in Yuyushiki "Mom"). Cute and adorable and really really fun!

All the girls are fantastic and Kiniro Mosaic is one of the best anime I have ever seen. There is no story, it's strictly a slice of life based anime that uses an episodic format for its episodes. The girls are always funny and insanely cute. If you can get past the English (Engrish) of the first episode, you'll fall in love with Kiniro Mosaic for sure.

The art style used is amazing and incredible. The colors are so light, but they're not exactly pastel (I don't think they are?). They just exude cuteness and huggable feelings when you watch. If you're ever down or want something really light hearted to pick you up or just make you feel good, give this a watch, it'll do it all!

The sounds and music in Kiniro Mosaic is a lot like its art style, it's cute, it's light hearted, it's a lot of fun and it makes you super happy to just listen to it all. I love the BGM because of how happy and fun it can sound, same reason why I adore the OP and ED, it's just a whole ton of happy good feelings.

Everything about Kiniro Mosaic is amazing, I love it 100% and it has shot up to Anime of the Forever for me (You can have more than one! I swear!). There are so many giffable moments; I'd honestly have 50 + gifs just from Kiniro Mosaic if I really bothered. The amount of cute and colorful scenes are off the charts, it'll probably overwhelm people if they're not used to this type of extra adorable content.

A lot of the episodes are really really good too, sure they use clichéd scenarios (high school folks), but cliché or not, I freaking love 'em. School festivals, celebrating holidays, summer break, it's all just a whole lot of fun. I loved seeing the Yuyushiki reference when the girls were looking at the magazines and you can see the three girls from Yuyushiki just there, enough to realize who they are, super nice touches like that are brilliant!

I'm so happy there is a 2nd season to watch and I really should check if there is a 3rd on the way, because there needs to be 3 for the girls to finish high school!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom