• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also forgot to mention this, but Aniplex producer Iwakami basically reiterated today that there is basically nothing done on the Heaven's Feel project aside from deciding it to be a movie.

Arabesque

Hikaru Kondo is even saying that the OP isn't done either lolololol

It was decent enough quality to impress people in here though.

The first episode will be available in July 12th.

Wait, they showed you guys the incomplete opening?

Also forgot to mention this, but Aniplex producer Iwakami basically reiterated today that there is basically nothing done on the Heaven's Feel project aside from deciding it to be a movie.

So, coming sometime after 2017+ then!

lol

Hikaru Kondo is even saying that the OP isn't done either lolololol

It was decent enough quality to impress people in here though.

The first episode will be available in July 12th.
So the date on the link I posted was the real thing after all.

Kinda off topic but I'm over here reading the My Hero Academia manga, and man if done right, an adaptation of this could make a very fun show.

Shimoneta 1

So it's a modern Hentai Kamen? Well alright then.

Also, there's something incredibly familiar about the design of main girl without her glasses, and not just design-wise but artstyle too.

Arabesque

That's what he said. He said that the completed OP will be posted on YouTube later.

So, will the completed OP be posted after the first episode airs lol?

What was it like?

God, to think this is just the first episode and it's already like this.

What's going to happen after that ...

So, will the completed OP be posted after the first episode airs lol?

What was it like?

God, to think this is just the first episode and it's already like this.

What's going to happen after that ...

The OP as presented today was similar to the game OPs quality wise. I'm not exactly sure what was incomplete about it personally.

cajunator

Banned
No way I would know, don't believe I've seen many girls that had hair cover one eye and cat ears at the same time, anything else you remember?

I found out her name. Elena Arshavina from World Break!
atvO3wj.jpg

Cornbread78

Charlotte ep.1
Yup, already has some good vibes and lil' sis stole the show. The MC is a douche and I was happy to see
him get busted for being a cheat, lol
I'm sure we'll see that cutie from the school again later since this was clearly a set-up episode for the future. Who knows though, you can't tell much from the first episode, however, more happened here then I've seen happen in a full season series before, lol.

Arabesque

Kondo outright admitted that it's all hands on deck for God Eater.

I would certainly hope so! God Eater is their primary concern now, and wasting time on something that won't come out for years would've been insane lol

I never really expected the HF film to be out any time soon after the Tales announcement (or when they announced it), but this pretty much seals the deal on it never making anytime before 2017.

LOL

Back to GE

Did anyone delivering hot fire and ask how fucked they're for that one..
No, because this panel was actually about the Daisuki service and Hikaru Kondo was just a special guest that left after with the GE section.

The comments from Iwakami was from a separate Fate event earlier today, which is in itself separate from the panel yesterday.

Jex

So it doesn't sound like God Eater is going very well:

"Ufotable is totally fucked. First ep still isn't done nor is the OP. Should have just delayed it a month and try to get stuff in order."

RIP.

fertygo

So it doesn't sound like God Eater is going very well:

"Ufotable is totally fucked. First ep still isn't done nor is the OP. Should have just delayed it a month and try to get stuff in order."

RIP.

Are they can just delay this to Fall lol

Too bad I really looking forward for another Hirao work since Paradox Spiral..

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't mind if I get Doublefined.

I just hope he manages the second Aria poster better using his lessons from the first.

Hell, I'll manage it. I'll do up the concept and talk to the artist and promote it and handle the money take care of all that jazz.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Word on the street is he's waiting for the Nozomi blurays so you still got kickstarter scammed.
Waiting for VR version. You get to the sword that Utena pulls out of Anthy.

I just hope he manages the second Aria poster better using his lessons from the first.

Hell, I'll manage it. I'll do up the concept and talk to the artist and promote it and handle the money take care of all that jazz.
Easy - do an Utena poster based on the finale episode, then I can say I know how it ends!

Cornbread78

Classroom Crisis ep.1
Ok, now that was an interesting way to break into a new series. Of course the new student is a douche. At least the premise seams pretty original, but I can't wait to see how they turn this one into a romance. I'm already calling the Sensei's daughter will be the one to court the newbie..

Dresden

I found out her name. Elena Arshavina from World Break!

eye through hair? gross.

Wow, about to be scammed twice over by Inafhawk.

zulux21

so I realized now I haven't done any thoughts on anime so far.

Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 
So this was an enjoyable first episode. From the title I knew two things. A. this was a light novel adaption. B. that the main character was likely named Gary... Gary Stu (as that seems to be the light novel way). Even expecting those it was enjoyable enough that I will for sure check out the next episode.

Rokka no Yuusha

This one I liked less than Gate, but still enjoyed it. I am worried about where it will go and if it will be any good beyond the first episode but at this time I have no plans to drop it.

Gangsta.
More sex than I was expecting, but still a fun change of pace from the normal Moe/ecchi stuff going around. I liked the mains and am really curious where this one is going and expect it to be a fun ride.

Charlotte
great first half, though I am sad that L captured Kira so quickly and will basically make Kira her slave :p The second half was ok, and obviously needed set up but hopefully the main character gets his dickish charm back when dealing with future stuff.

Ranpo Kidan: Game of Laplace
Easily the weakest of the shows I have watched so far. The silhouette thing was ok but quickly got annoying. the main character is annoying and clearly brain damaged though the crush on from the class rep is kind of amusing. the actual mystery is ok but at the rate it escalated if it doesn't have a solid conclusion this show will be quickly dropped, but for now I will watch the next episode.

Shows I am choosing not to watch even though i have some interest in them.
Ushio to Tora (TV)
Aoharu x Kikanjuu

with 5 shows already on my check out the second episode of (making this a solid season for me already) and plenty more yet to air that I want to check out I have to weed out some of the shows that I felt would be watchable but not great. If I hear differently I might check them out, but I will likely just wait and see if they get dubbed in a year or two.

most of the other shows that have aired I don't really have any interest in.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Shimoneta

Like I said, somehow in 2d this is fine, but in 3d it looks weird:

fA30wfSl.png

LThb4pDl.jpg

But really, this show reminds me of a D-Frag x Daimodaler clone. It's trashy nonsequitors with lots of energy to make up for the fact that the premise makes little sense if you think about it too long:

9yq1PN0l.png

Just live in the moment of the sex joke. lol

Thoraxes

Additionally, here's some clips taken from the screening at AX and put with the JP BD footage.

(It doesn't feel as "energetic" as the JP voices to me. They're playing it too straight instead of emphasizing the absurdity.)

I don't think it's possible to match the vibrancy brought to the roles with the JP dub. The Japanese VA-work was so pitch-perfect for me.

cj_iwakura

Someone has to dredge up the cat box, soo...

Despera?

Also, I can't even fathom a show having 700 episodes. Good god. 200 of Sailor Moon is biblical enough.

zulux21

Most is filler

only 14% of one piece episodes are considered filler
currently 40% of Naruto Shippuden is considered filler
45% of bleach was considered filler
38% of detective conan is considered filler.
39% of sailor moon was considered filler.
only 12% of dbz was filler episodes :p
source for all of these is the anime filler list :p

one piece has horrible pacing because of them dragging out a single chapter into an episode, but it doesn't do a ton of filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom