• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

screenshot2015-07-05aimuy1.png

worse than mal

holy shit

Link Man

Banned
I'm pleasantly surprised that everyone's impressions of Rokka no Yuusha are more positive than mine were. :)

Was a little disappointed in the fight scene, reminded me of the infamous "talking in circles" scene from the first episode of Fate/Zero. Also, repeated information and flashbacks to events that just happened are annoying. Still, it has potential.

Thoraxes

it's time to give up on despera
and dream machine
and kizu
they're never happening

After all the crazy shit i've seen announced for both anime and gaming over this past month, I think anything is possible again.

It's like my faith in things going good has actually returned.

zulux21

Was a little disappointed in the fight scene, reminded me of the infamous "talking in circles" scene from the first episode of Fate/Zero. Also, repeated information and flashbacks to events that just happened are annoying. Still, it has potential.

that's basically my thoughts.
plenty of things bugged me, and overall it wasn't a great episode, but it was good enough to continue watching. We will see how fast potential is drowned out by annoying things... ever since Chaos Head my trust of a show to meet its potential dropped quite a bit :p

Working!!! 01

I don't post in these threads much, but i do lurk to read opinions and learn what to watch during each season. This season though, besides Gatchamen, i knew only one anime truly mattered.

I've waited 5 years for the 3rd (and final?) season, something i thought would never come to be. Well the show may be simplistic, the characters and comedy is so well done it more then makes up for its basic slice-of-life premise.

However, season 2 had a big issues of basically resetting status quo and making basically no ground in plot development, and really only redo-ing most of the character development from season 1.

Withing 2 minutes of this season, they have already proven that won't be the case this time, and from then out, its just a feel-good, fun and funny anime. More then worth the wait. If you dig the first two seasons, its more of what you love with the promise of real progression. If not, well, i'm sorry.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Working!!! 01
If you dig the first two seasons, its more of what you love with the promise of real progression. If not, well, i'm sorry.
Are you actually sorry? Do you feel genuine regret? How will you make this up to me?

Are you actually sorry? Do you feel genuine regret? How will you make this up to me?

Well what does one do to absolve themselves of anime sin? (also i just saw your post two pages back. How can this be more unremarkable then last season, and also are you back because you are a masochist and simply love the anger that builds from watching stuff you know you wont like?)

Charlotte 1
Look! It's Lelouch!
And shamelessly stolen from reddit:
"It's Lelouche and CC's kids. The son is like the father, and the daughter is like the mother, because she uses pizza sauce for the rice omelette. It all adds up...I'd think."

Rokka no Yuusha 1
LOOK AT OUR STORY. LOOOOK.
Nice animation, and totally justified smug mc. I can get behind this

Edit:
iNHHk.jpg

Sick burn. Fucking sick burn.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, Symphogear reminds me of Macross F, with how it sort of nonsensically decides to just merge idols singing with random action scenes. I forgot that they're literally supposed to be singing the whole time they're punching mountains in the face.

KazenY2J

So it doesn't sound like God Eater is going very well:

"Ufotable is totally fucked. First ep still isn't done nor is the OP. Should have just delayed it a month and try to get stuff in order."

RIP.
Really dumb to do this so soon after a big budget show like UBW.

Necrovex

I have been MIA for the past few seasons. Would anyone tell me what must-shows I should see that were released at the winter season and beyond (and preferably shows that are completed)?

ibyea

Banned
only 14% of one piece episodes are considered filler
currently 40% of Naruto Shippuden is considered filler
45% of bleach was considered filler
38% of detective conan is considered filler.
39% of sailor moon was considered filler.
only 12% of dbz was filler episodes :p
source for all of these is the anime filler list :p

one piece has horrible pacing because of them dragging out a single chapter into an episode, but it doesn't do a ton of filler.

Reminds me why I don't watch shonen too much. D:

phaze

I have been MIA for the past few seasons. Would anyone tell me what must-shows I should see that were released at the winter season and beyond (and preferably shows that are completed)?

There is none.

Jojo and Shirobako if you liked their preceding seasons.

Gatchaman Insight 0

This was cool because that samurai guy sniped a plane out of the air with his lazer katana.

Gatchaman Insight 1
This wasn't as cool because nothing happened. I'm not sure how I feel about the new characters but I see some potential in them. O.D. is always cool and
Katze is still here
which is nice as they redeemed the last season, I didn't really dig the last season though.

I hope this is going to be better, I guess I'll have to wait until something actually happens before I decide whether this is good or not.

Hibike! Euphonium and Soma.

KazenY2J

Winter was pretty lame with the exceptions of Death Parade & AssClass, but Spring was pretty good:

Shokugeki no Soma
Kekkai Sensen
OreGairu Zoku (if you watched the first)
Hibike Euphonium
Ore Monogatari
Show By Rock
Arslan Senki
DanMachi

Saudades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom