• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Gatchaman CROWDS Insight - 00 and 01

Based Taku Iwasaki. There's a bunch of re-use of tracks, but the new stuff towards the end was so awesome. Can't wait to buy the OST!
Based Hajime-chan.
Based Kaori Ishihara.

This was super fun.

trejo

I think you got that backwards. Everything got really old EXCEPT for Inami.

Here's to more Inami!

#TeamInami checking in.

#ThingsFilthyPeasantsSay

That'd be too much! You can't do this to me!

O9gj2r1.png

Cornbread78

My first anime are the SoL harem stuff CornBread was watching (School Days, True Tears, Myself; Yourself, H2O) and some other action stuff like Gundam Seed/Des, Deen's FSN, GunXSword (the stuff they had on Animax then). I think I've grown to dislike them over the years (cept for GXS), although I didn't think they were the best thing ever back then either.

I think the only one I haven't really liked so far was Shuffle!; it just rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. At some point I go back and finish it, but I really appreciate the "feels/ you can get from the SoL, Romcom stuff out there. Nothing beats the Key anime series, including Angel Beats, as well as You're Lie in April Itazura na Kiss. All good stuff to watch.

Are some people really complaining about the sol shenanigans in Dragon Ball Super? I mean those were probably one of the best things about the series and now some people are complaining about it.

Kyuur

Working!!! 01

They even seem to have toned down
Inami's reactive violent antics
which is only a good thing as those had already gotten really old back in the first season.

They carry those on for the entire first season? :| I tried to start watching it, but bailed the moment she was introduced. Just... not good. Not sure I can persevere through an entire season of it.

trejo

They carry those on for the entire first season? :| I tried to start watching it, but bailed the moment she was introduced. Just... not good. Not sure I can persevere through an entire season of it.

It's most prevalent in the first season. Thankfully It gets toned down slightly for season 2 but yeah, she is easily the worst part of the show thanks to that. You should try to persevere though cause S2 pretty much improves upon S1 in almost every way.

Humanity Has Declined 9

She's clearly been doing this for a while but got ahead of herself. I like how it all started to seem like everything was going well and it all fell apart in a matter of days.

Humanity Has Declined 10

And now we observe the Mediators first job ever. Ahh, so innocent. Sarcastic but not as much as she becomes later on. She still has a pretty good sense of humor.

Also I think it's funny that in this episode they place so much importance on naming the caries when we still don't know any of the main casts names. Lol.

KazenY2J

First season's pretty much all about that.

daveo42

Banned
Charlotte Ep 1
Love the trollish main character and him quickly getting knocked down several pegs right off the bat. I think I'm gonna like this show.

Dragon Ball Super Ep 1
Nice slow start back into the universe, with some decent setup for incoming BoG. Preview looks straight out of the best kind of DBZ filler.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Gate 1
A.k.a JSDF, fuck yeah! The anime.
Anime, fuck yeah!
Rifle, fuck yeah!
Doujinshi, fuck yeah!
Episode end with tank vs orc...lol.

daveo42

Banned
Classroom Crisis Ep 1

Space budget anime set in the future? Sure, I'll give it a shot. More light-hearted than I thought it would be, but something that comes in a bit less serious seems good.

Gatchaman Crowds 5

So Rui is using Crowds in order to get people to safety from the collapsing tunnel. So Hajime revealed her power to Rui.

Nice teamwork with everyone.

kewlmyc

Charlotte 01

It's refreshing to see a MC that's a complete and utter douchebag. Also the little sister is your standard moe genki archetype, so not sure why she's getting more hate than average. Color me interested. Hopefully the show doesn't shit the bed at 3/4ths the way through like Angel Beats did.

Arcadius

Banned
What does space budget mean? Haven't seen the show yet.

No idea, never heard the term before, but a big focus on the first episode was how much money the group was spending building this prototype machine. 15 Billion dollars or something wasted, ahaha, really funny. It's most definitely light hearted, didn't expect it at all.

daveo42

Banned
Gangsta Ep 1
Not sure if this is trying to be like a more toned-down Black Lagoon (not nearly as over the top 80s action movie) or what. Not all the much to go on from the first episode really, but it could turn out to be something good.

What does space budget mean? Haven't seen the show yet.

Episode spoilers:
it seems to revolve around a student space program being downsized for being a waste on a corporation's resources. This is all lead by the CEO's son becoming a part of the class as the new student.
Not a direction I was thinking the show would go into, but it makes a bit more sense after watching the episode.

OceanBlue

No idea, never heard the term before, but a big focus on the first episode was how much money the group was spending building this prototype machine. 15 Billion dollars or something wasted, ahaha, really funny. It's most definitely light hearted, didn't expect it at all.

Consider it an inside joke, lol. It was a pretty good opening. .
Oh lol. I thought he meant the production values are crazy or something. :p

Rokka no yuusha - 01

MC is arrogant enough to be good.
Setting is alright , premise is good .hopefully it's a 25+ eps show.

I'm IN.

Gatchaman Crowds 6

That was pretty stupid of Hajime to reveal her identity to everyone, then again this is who Hajime is.

Otsutsu is really cute.

From what I understand so far, everyone who has watched Charlotte has liked it. I think this one has good potential to be my favourite new show this season. I mean Soma, Arslan, Working and Durarara we all knew were great already. Classroom Crisis seems interesting but I need to see more. Rokka no Yuusha looks gorgeous, and interests me quite a bit. Game of Laplace would be awesome if it wasn't for all the annoying anime shit they shove down your throat (boy that looks like a girl, genius high school aged detective, cat eared teacher, etc). Gangsta is interesting to me but folks seem to be 50-50 on it.

Left on my list are God Eater which got delayed, Kuusen Madoushi which is out next week and Prison School. All and all, not the best of seasons but it has a bunch of stuff that I want to watch.

Arcadius

Banned
I should finish watching Durara. Never got past the the first episode.

I remember it being super good, but it's been such a loooooong time that I don't remember a damn thing about it =(. Must have seen it when it aired on Toonami or some network because I believe I saw an English dub of it.

Assassination Classroom 19 Dub

It's great seeing how all the training into being assassins has really paid off in both confrontations during the infiltration. Having just played J-Stars I not get the reference to Neuro paranormal detective manga which was one of the more interesting looking worlds from J-Stars guess I'll have to give that series a read.

cajunator

Banned
Humanity Has Declined 7

DO NOT ENDLESS EIGHT ME!!!

it doesnt..if by that you mean repeating episodes.

Working!!! episode 1

Great to everybody back. OP song is eh though. Definitely the worst of the three.

The first op was too strong. Its been downhill since, but still great.

If Miyazaki had a gun to his head, would you pull the trigger? You monsters. Anime isn't worth saving. Shut it down. SHUT IT DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN.

Woof didn't completely hate it, but be warned that it'll likely be a completely inoffensive anime that I won't remember within a season.

miyazaki killed anime!

Humanity Has Declined 8

I... I think I was just Endless Eighted...

Nah. Its just one episode.

daveo42

Banned
GATE Ep 1
An otaku's biggest nightmare and more than likely, a dream come true all wrapped up into one show. If the first episode and preview are anything to go by, this should be a fun series.

From what I understand so far, everyone who has watched Charlotte has liked it. I think this one has good potential to be my favourite new show this season. I mean Soma, Arslan, Working and Durarara we all knew were great already. Classroom Crisis seems interesting but I need to see more. Rokka no Yuusha looks gorgeous, and interests me quite a bit. Game of Laplace would be awesome if it wasn't for all the annoying anime shit they shove down your throat (boy that looks like a girl, genius high school aged detective, cat eared teacher, etc). Gangsta is interesting to me but folks seem to be 50-50 on it.

Left on my list are God Eater which got delayed, Kuusen Madoushi which is out next week and Prison School. All and all, not the best of seasons but it has a bunch of stuff that I want to watch.

You need to watch Ushio no Tora, it's really good.

Also the reason why it seems like everyone liked Charlotte is due to the fact that most of the people who detest Key are not watching it or just not writing any impressions of it. Which is a good thing because lots of people in this thread hate Key with a burning passion. Then again I never was a fan of Key but don't hate it greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom