• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-cour show I believe.
WHAT A BLASPHEMY

How is the setting just alright I mean that's the best part because usually you don't see anime have a Aztec influenced setting.

Thats certainly why I'm interested. Pretty refreshing the setting.
Alright means alright.. sure the building are different but i'm looking for more than " a group of people are branded in order to do something together"

Yes it's oversimplified .
Aztec is alright , untill i get to see what they do with it , then it might be "good" or even "great"

it doesnt..if by that you mean repeating episodes.

Nah. Its just one episode.

It was two episodes that repeated the same sequence, but like endless eight, it had a slight variation to it every time.

Anyways...

Humanity Has Declined 12 [END]
humanity-has-declined-episode-12.jpg

jinrui_12_3.jpg

The episode goes from blackmailing to some pretty dark crap to just... kind of ending. I don't know why but when starting up this episode I thought there was another after it. Basically I thought there was an episode 13.

Really liked the show. The ending felt off but I think that's the point. It was fun.

Arcadius

Banned
Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic (Season 2)

Yessss, more fantastic episodes containing Alice, Karen, Yoko, Aya and Shinobu!

In season 2, we continue the super fun adventures of the girls, following a super episodic format so it's all self contained and very fun. The girls are super cute and absolutely adorable, I'm in love with Alice, she's so pretty and fun! Shino and her blonde fetish never gets tiring. Aya and her difficulties confessing her feelings to Yoko is still extremely cute and funny. Karen and her broken Japanese continues to be some of the funniest stuff I've ever listened to/watched/read; she's just way too much cute to handle.

I love how everything is self contained and episodic, it makes watching Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic so easy and fun. Everything is relaxing and there is never any stress involved. One of the best shows to just sit down, get happy and squeeeeeee all over the place, because it'll happen over and over and over again, just squeeeeeeee!! ~~~~

KR4dLDW.gif

The English (Engrish) is amazing this series, I swear I think the seiyuu got better at speaking in English, which was a whole ton of fun to listen to.

INXSRz7.gif

I'm really glad that in the second season more characters had more screen time, seeing more people get involved with the girls was great. Kuzehashi-sensei or Kusshi-sensei was a welcomed character. The way that she had trouble expressing her feelings to the students was fantastic; always ending up staring in a mean way making all the students get back in "line", totally unexpected, but the way she ends up getting more fuwa fuwa with everyone was great.

Seeing more of Karasuma-sensei was great too, she's an amazing sensei who's super kind, caring and loving too, so adorable; she could be a student and fit in with the girls no problem at all.

GfijWjC.gif

Having Honoka get a lot more screen time this season was also great. She gave away sweets to Karen a lot during the first season, but didn't really have a role; in the second season, she still has a crush on Karen, but she gets acquainted with Shino and realize they both have blonde fetishes, it's so funny to see the both of them lose their minds thinking about blonde hair.

45vbWKI.gif

Isami also had more screen time and even an episode dedicated to her, this was pretty fun too. We saw a bit of Isa-nee from the first season, but not enough to leave a memorable impression. She's a total sis-con and it's pretty cute, she loves Shino so much!

The art style is still one of the best that cute/moe anime can adopt. It's light, it's cute, it's easy on the eyes and the simple drawings are so nice. The character designs are ridiculously cute and the girls are all 10/10, just fantastic. Love 'em all, especially Alice. I didn't notice it last season, but it was very noticeable this season, the girls have those extra cute red blemishes on their knees and elbows and things, it just exudes that this is a super cute show with an adorable cast.

CVLub6E.gif

The music is very happy, extra happy. The sounds in general just make you smile and get happy. It's even better when the BGM is integrated with whatever is happening, but all the cute noises made when the super cute scenes occur, just over the top cuteness and happiness, truly amazing.

Hu4p1uu.gif

Kiniro Mosaic and Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic is some of the best moe slice of life I have ever seen. It is extra cute, extra fun, extra squeeful and just makes me want to hug the girls so much, it's like.. "Squeeeeee~~". One of the best series I've ever seen. I hope a Season 3 is announced for 2016 or something, one more year left for the girls in high school.

You need to watch Ushio no Tora, it's really good.

Also the reason why it seems like everyone liked Charlotte is due to the fact that most of the people who detest Key are not watching it or just not writing any impressions of it. Which is a good thing because lots of people in this thread hate Key with a burning passion. Then again I never was a fan of Key but don't hate it greatly.
I looked at the poster for it and it didn't seem like something I would watch... The synopsis too didn't do that great of a job explaining to me what this whole show is all about.

And yeah I know this since I remember how folks reacted whenever I talked about Clannad to Corn here while I was watching it lol. This doesn't really feel like a Key anime so far though, so I recommend to those who are on the fence to jump in. Two quick comparisons I would make For the protagonist in it is the smugness of the Persona 5 MC that we have seen so far in the trailers with a hint of Lelouch for good measure.

I looked at the poster for it and it didn't seem like something I would watch... The synopsis too didn't do that great of a job explaining to me what this whole show is all about.

And yeah I know this since I remember how folks reacted whenever I talked about Clannad to Corn here while I was watching it lol. This doesn't really feel like a Key anime so far though, so I recommend to those who are on the fence to jump in. Two quick comparisons I would make For the protagonist in it is the smugness of the Persona 5 MC that we have seen so far on trailers with a hint of Lelouch for good measure.

As for Ushio no Tora you should give it a try, plus Mappa is adapting it a Studio with really great animation. The first episode was pretty fun so give it a shot it won't hurt.

Oh don't worry about Charlotte not feeling like a Key anime because it will. Just wait until that twist comes.

The great thing is that they are adapting the series at a good pace. They are gonna adapt 2 to 3 Vols with 13 episodes which is a great thing. Normally LNs are rushed with 5 Vols worth of content in 1cour.

Actually 5 volumes in a cour is an exception , not the rule.. it's usually 2 or 3.
BUt i agree that every time they adapt 4 or 5 Lns volumes in a cour , it's always freaking rushed and the result is always a mess.

-------------------
Okusama ga seitokaichou! - 01

Damn this is ridiculous..i'm stilll gonna watch it but it's ridiculous.

Seraph of the End 8 Dub

I can't believe that this shitty series skipped not only the 5 on 7 battle (I have no idea if it was actually shown in the manga fwiw), but we then got a cop out "I'll play with you later" when they were about to fight the first real boss. Dumb shonen shit I'm not watching you for the serious plot I'm watching you for stupid hot blooded action -.-

Ushio and Tora is a show about a boy and a tiger monster fighting demons. I mean, LOOK AT THIS OP.

edit: Wait, were you referring to that or Charlotte?
I was talking about Ushio. Now I understand what it is about, but it seems a bit too shounen for me :p

As for Ushio no Tora you should give it a try, plus Mappa is adapting it a Studio with really great animation. The first episode was pretty fun so give it a shot it won't hurt.

Oh don't worry about Charlotte not feeling like a Key anime because it will. Just wait until that twist comes.
I may give it a shot but like I said idkkk.

Oh man. It's gonna be the person the brothers see in their dream isn't it.

By the way got a funny story for you guys, not as much anime related as it is to manga but still. Just got home from work and got greeted by my mother who was holding this:
I don't own any manga physically, so I couldn't help but ask her if she just started reading manga out of the blue LOL. She then tells me she saw it on the bus abandoned and after skimming through it, she thought it was good and that I would like it. I have already watched this and read it, but who knew my mom has good taste? Note that I don't necessarily have any Anime stuff out in my room, nor do I discuss it with her lmao.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm bored.

First person to quote this tell me what episode 1 to watch and I will.

No Strike Witches/Cross Ange bullshit you guys!

Arcadius

Banned
Goodness... Watching Non Non Biyori again so I can reacquaint myself with everyone, that opening almost put a tear to my eye, it's been so long and Non Non Biyori was one of the absolute first anime I was introduced to. Fantastic stuff, Non Non Biyori is so good, Renge is just... nyanpassu!

Goodness... Watching Non Non Biyori again so I can reacquaint myself with everyone, that opening almost put a tear to my eye, it's been so long and Non Non Biyori was one of the absolute first anime I was introduced to. Fantastic stuff, Non Non Biyori is so good, Renge is just... nyanpassu!

Second Season is gonna air Tuesday, it's gonna be a great ride.

I'm ready for AOTS contender.

Dragon ball Super - 01

So beerus was enjoying being a mean god, instead of being the sarcastic god that just wanted to fight ? (meh at this change )

And why did goten did nothing when the truck was falling ?
Anyway , i'm happy for gohan and videl.

Everything was ...dragon ball really ... i can't wait to see vegeta next week .

Dragon ball Super - 01

So beerus was enjoying being a mean god, instead of being the sarcastic god that just wanted to fight ? (meh at this change )

In the manga I'm pretty sure he was poisoned and thats why he blew up the planet. Maybe it changed in the anime because I don't remember the blowing up half part from the manga.

Arcadius

Banned
Second Season is gonna air Tuesday, it's gonna be a great ride.

I'm ready for AOTS contender.

I totally agree. NNB looks so good and it's just so, peaceful and slice of life to the max, can't believe this was one of the first for me. So happy to rewatch it now. Shows like this, they just make me feel all gooey and happy.

Well thats lame.

That's what MAL tells me, 12 episodes, I assume they're not wrong. . . It's definitely lame too, feels like it should be 2-cour for sure.

Dragon ball Super - 01

And why did goten did nothing when the truck was falling ?
Anyway , i'm happy for gohan and videl.

Everything was ...dragon ball really ... i can't wait to see vegeta next week .

This is the same dude that BoG spoilers
was going to blow up the Earth because Buu ate his pudding
so half a planet for greasy food really doesn't seem that much of a stretch

Ushio and Tora and Charlotte are the standouts right now for me. Rokka was a surprise at how cool it was. I just wish the fanservice was toned down just a little. Maybe? I might be asking for too much.

Gatchaman Crowds 7

Damn we see Joe get thrashed by Alien kissu dude. Good thing Otsutsu was able to heal him as well as Sugane. Rui also got a bad beating.

Pai Pai was acting cool for a second.

Ushio and Tora and Charlotte are the standouts right now for me. Rokka was a surprise at how cool it was. I just wish the fanservice was toned down just a little. Maybe? I might be asking for too much.

Did Rokka have that much fanservice? I thought it was pretty tame especially compared to a lot of anime unless you find the bunny thing a bit distracting.

kewlmyc

Ushio and Tora 01

Shounen as fuck. Reminds me of Mushishi Mushibugyo, a generic shounen that's still very fun to watch in a "90s Saturday Morning Cartoon" kind of way.. Hopefully it's as enjoyable as that was. How long is this going to be?

Arcadius

Banned
Ushio and Tora 01

Shounen as fuck. Reminds me of Mushishi, a generic shounen that's still very fun to watch in a "90s Saturday Morning Cartoon" kind of way.. Hopefully it's as enjoyable as that was. How long is this going to be?

2-cour or 26 Episodes apparently.

Ushio and Tora 01

Shounen as fuck. Reminds me of Mushishi, a generic shounen that's still very fun to watch in a "90s Saturday Morning Cartoon" kind of way.. Hopefully it's as enjoyable as that was.

I think you're confused, as Mushishi is anything but a generic shounen.

How long is this going to be?

39 episodes. It'll air from now through the fall, then there'll be a one-season break and it'll return for its final 13 episodes next spring.

Arcadius

Banned
The song that occurs here at the end of Non Non Biyori Episode 1, man with this scenery is just perfect. The music is so good and really well executed.

jgoZbQv.gif

kewlmyc

I think you're confused, as Mushishi is anything but a generic shounen.

39 episodes. It'll air from now through the fall, then there'll be a one-season break and it'll return for its final 13 episodes next spring.

Meant Mushibugyo, my bad :p Glad it's lengthy, might actually have a decent original ending now.

Gatchaman Crowds 7

Damn we see Joe get thrashed by Alien kissu dude. Good thing Otsutsu was able to heal him as well as Sugane. Rui also got a bad beating.

Pai Pai was acting cool for a second.

Did Rokka have that much fanservice? I thought it was pretty tame especially compared to a lot of anime unless you find the bunny thing a bit distracting.

It was mostly how ridiculously big the boobs were. I mean. Cmon.

Defuser

Shimoneta ep 1

Damn, all those censor words and images...which is ironic since this show is about liberating freedom on dirty concepts.

I guess I'm kinda tired about all those innuendos because all Seitokai Yakuindomo and Gintama.

Gatchaman Crowds 8

So Gatchaman are revealing themselves to Preschoolers, that's pretty nice. Alien Kissu dude is using GALAX to create some trouble.

Like I posted over in the OT, the manga author is supervising the planning of the anime so that it'll be able to cover the climatic confrontation of the narrative.

Can't blame the author for going that route. I mean chances are if they did a 1 to 1 adaption they wouldn't finish it with 39 episodes and it would have been left open with no second season because of poor sales. So with the author deciding to cut stuff but also having his series animated from beginning to end would be more satisfying than leaving it open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom