• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops, totally forgot I started watching RahXephon. Am 7 episodes in and while I enjoy the premise and art style, which somewhat reminds me of Evangelion though e.g. the mechs' (or what they really are) design is even more dreary/grotesque, the story has yet to prove itself and characterization is a bit of a weakness so far. For once there've been so many characters introduced that it's a bit overwhelming and sometimes it feels like a character degenerates into a very uninspired love interest for the MC, seemingly behaving different from the previous characterization. Haruka in particular is just hard to take seriously when she goes from some combat-ready badass to MC and dog loving babe out of the blue. Misato from Evangelion seemed much better defined, even though her attitude changes massively from home to work.

So yeh, kinda indifferent on it so far, but certainly enjoyable enough to continue. Hope the story will deliver.

Gbraga

School Live 01

What+did+i+just+watch+_16666617b6c6676de9829c125141417a.jpeg

You're welcome

Darker Than Black 1-2

The random shifting tones of Episode 1 almost had me gone, but the end of Episode 2 made up for it. I'll give it a chance.

Kuro no Keiyakusha is so good <3

Every time I read someone talking about it I feel like rewatching.

Ryuusei no Gemini was a mistake.

fertygo

RahXephon is goddamn awesome, the atmosphere is unparalleled.. but I think most people that will like it should already hooked by the end of eps 3 tho.. the mood and main vocal hint where the story gonna go already there.

Whoops, totally forgot I started watching RahXephon. Am 7 episodes in and while I enjoy the premise and art style, which somewhat reminds me of Evangelion though e.g. the mechs' (or what they really are) design is even more dreary/grotesque, the story has yet to prove itself and characterization is a bit of a weakness so far. For once there've been so many characters introduced that it's a bit overwhelming and sometimes it feels like a character degenerates into a very uninspired love interest for the MC, seemingly behaving different from the previous characterization. Haruka in particular is just hard to take seriously when she goes from some combat-ready badass to MC and dog loving babe out of the blue. Misato from Evangelion seemed much better defined, even though her attitude changes massively from home to work.

So yeh, kinda indifferent on it so far, but certainly enjoyable enough to continue. Hope the story will deliver.
Well, Haruka makes more sense in time. But yeah, Ayato does have a harem of sorts.

I never actually saw the end of the show. Does it ever end? The final two films are fantastic though. To hell with Shinobu, Ataru can do better.

I have no ideia. lol
I think it's supposed to end with the last movies or OVAs.

[Urusei Yatsura] - 126

Karma's a bitch Ataru?
When it's not your fault and you decide to do the right thing it becomes your fault because you're " that Moroboshi kid".
Bakeneko gonna live forever.

So It's a pretty good story and actually has a proper ending?

Nice, I'll have to give it a watch then.

What's Usagi Drop though?

- I wouldn't say it's an amazing story, but it's very heartfelt, cute, and it has romance if that's what you're into. Basically the main is a playboy/badboy high school kid who has to take care of a dropped off baby family member and he basically becomes her father. It has an ok ending, but the manga has the actual ending. You could watch the anime, then finish off the last few chapters in the manga. imho it's worth it based on what you like.

But if you haven't seen Usagi Drop it's hard to compare it to something as it's basically the most direct comparison. UD is a beloved anime about a successful yet unhappy business man who decides to take care of a young girl after nobody else will take care of her. It's a father/daughter figure story.

Don't read the manga for this one though, as it ruins all the good will of the first arc/anime by going to a gross place. Anime ends as well as most other slice of life shows so it's not like you absolutely NEED to read the manga. And yes, trust us on this. Every person who goes on to read the manga out of morbid curiosity has regretted it. EVERY PERSON

javac

I enjoyed it overall but its a strange show that I'm not too fond of in hindsight and its very uneven. Some episodes are real fucking good, and others are average and boring. Its all strange in that a few of the characters put me off just from a design standpoint but had moments where they shine and I grew to appreciate them somewhat. It has some great music and interesting designs and some standout episodes here and there, but where I first gave it a bit of praise, in hindsight my memories aren't as high as they once were. Its a fun series, but looking back I wouldn't be too bummed out if I didn't watch it at all. I gave it a 10 when I watched it, shows how high on cloud nine I was at the time, and it all comes tumbling down. I sound really down on the show, its not bad, again I like the OST, and some episodes were great to watch, some characters were fun but maybe it was just too long because...time wasn't kind to it for me. Its solid. I wouldn't dissuade others from watching it (and looking at what people watch, maybe its the lesser of two evils :p) but there's other things higher on the priority list in terms of recommendations and uses of time.

Baalzebup

Don't read the manga for this one though, as it ruins all the good will of the first arc/anime by going to a gross place. Anime ends as well as most other slice of life shows so it's not like you absolutely NEED to read the manga. And yes, trust us on this. Every person who goes on to read the manga out of morbid curiosity has regretted it. EVERY PERSON

Challenge accepted. Though I already know the basics of how it ends, so I guess I'm cheating a bit.

Cornbread78

Shes a cutie. Worth searching for that one

Barakamon is legit adorable too. Great way to unwind and relax. I cant wait for a bluray of that.

Thats something only I could survive, and thats not guaranteed.

Barakamon is really chill so far, same with NNB. If you put Renge and Naru together it would lead to many cuteness meltdowns, lol.

Cornbread78

- I wouldn't say it's an amazing story, but it's very heartfelt, cute, and it has romance if that's what you're into. Basically the main is a playboy/badboy high school kid who has to take care of a dropped off baby family member and he basically becomes her father. It has an ok ending, but the manga has the actual ending. You could watch the anime, then finish off the last few chapters in the manga. imho it's worth it based on what you like.

But if you haven't seen Usagi Drop it's hard to compare it to something as it's basically the most direct comparison. UD is a beloved anime about a successful yet unhappy business man who decides to take care of a young girl after nobody else will take care of her. It's a father/daughter figure story.

So both are pretty good anime series, so that's good. I have no interest in reading the manga, so we're good there. Sounds like it has a proper ending which is good enough for me.

cj_iwakura

Maria The Virgin Witch 07

These are some straight-up Messian Seraphim.
(Which means they're awful.)

But hey, random Beatrice cameo.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So both are pretty good anime series, so that's good. I have no interest in reading the manga, so we're good there. Sounds like it has a proper ending which is good enough for me.
You have no idea how much I want to tell you what happens.

Just watch it and let us know when you want the goods.

(Lol)

Cornbread78

You have no idea how much I want to tell you what happens.

Just watch it and let us know when you want the goods.

(Lol)

It'll probably be a few weeks at least, remind me after you see my impressions posted. I'll pretend it's non-canon and a spinoff only, lol. I can't even imagine though, Ugghh.

cajunator

Banned
So It's a pretty good story and actually has a proper ending?

Uggh, Arcy, that's unfortunate... See ya soon buddy.

so it's a "chick-flick" then, lol.

Nice, I'll have to give it a watch then.

What's Usagi Drop though?

Usagi drop is one of the most adorable shows ever made. A guy has to raise a young orphaned girl basically. Youll like it.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
School Live 1

First half: Boy this is really uninteresting. But something seems off, something about the eyes...

Second half:
This is the highschool of the dead that we deserve.

Himouto ! Umaru-chan - 01
Umaru is perfect , yet full of flaws ... i guess i can accept this kind of character.

First episode was ok , it wasn't as much oriented toward comedy as i thought but it was still alright .

BUt it made me smile , the correct thing when you GET BACK HOME IS OF COURSE to turn on the computer :)

ibyea

Banned
I come back from the university and the first thing I hear is the bad news that there won't be a Shirobako season 2. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

jgminto

School Live 1
Decided to pick this up since my season is so barren. The concept seems like something I'd write in my teens, "Wow, it's so subversive! You think it's one thing but it's actually a different thing." That does lead to some guilty pleasure enjoyment of it but I wonder if what the do with the rest of the series will be worthwhile past the twist. Will they continue on with a mix of managing everyday school life and
zombie apocalypse survival
or will it dive into a den of "look how fucked up we can go" sorrow and depravity as it continues? I guess that alone interests me enough to continue watching for a while.

Cornbread78

My Wife is the Student Council President ep.2:
Umm, this show is something else for sure. I mean it's a short and all, but wow, it really sticks out, with super ecchi and cute fun. Is this the way the whole series runs? I mean, I can see why some see that it's over-the-top, but there are some good, honest, moments, lol.

jgminto

My Wife is the Student Council President ep.2:
Umm, this show is something else for sure. I mean it's a short and all, but wow, it really sticks out, with super ecchi and cute fun. Is this the way the whole series runs? I mean, I can see why some see that it's over-the-top, but there are some good, honest, moments, lol.

Good, honest moments like breast sucking.

The pervert and the 3 idiots in the sky - 01
Kuusen%20Madoushi%20Kouhosei%20no%20Kyoukan%20-%2001_01.jpg

WARNING , CLICHE ENCOUNTER IN 3, 2, 1 .....
Alright setting , clear abuse of CG, animation is still solid, but not perfect.
Kuusen%20Madoushi%20Kouhosei%20no%20Kyoukan%20-%2001_02.jpg

I think she really needs to look at a mirror in order to see her flaws
At least the characters are ok , even if they are "cliché" as possible.
Kuusen%20Madoushi%20Kouhosei%20no%20Kyoukan%20-%2001_03.jpg

Is it really a question at this point ? Do you really have to ask ? wait , nevermind.

"traitor ??? it's already obvious that this guy saved you all , morons". i can already picture the dumbest reason for this already.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Barakanon ep 1-3
tumblr_nqqeygml5Q1r922azo1_500.gif

I don't know if I can handle all these cute anime series today, lol. This little cutie makes the show and if you put her and Renge together and my goodness, you could have a fun and energenic cast. I guess this will be a coming of age of sorts for Sensei in this one as he finds himself through his personal discourse, but his interactions with the kids like Naru and the other girls are excellant so far and we are only 3 episodes in. This should be an entertaining watch and I'll probably have enough time tomorrow to finish this and NNB, so it should be a great day!

Beside the cuteness overload, Barakanon is really inspiring, I started doing a lot more activities in my free time after being motivated by that show.

I can't remember another show that did this to me, not even Hikaru no go or Ping Pong.

jediyoshi

Gakkou Gurashi! 01

Tq0uSgQ.png

i'm dead. pretty neat watching the second time around.
why garters doesn't care about disrupting class. why they'd be snacking on hardtack. why they'd care about savoring food. the dead ends. the long silences. didn't even notice during the rooftop scene that all the people in the distance were hunched over, or that the horticulture club members appear in one shot and then disappear the following shot.

Gangsta 02

LlPuS5t.png

still liking it but wished it moved faster, feels like everything lore explaining wise should've happened last episode. nic is still just some unstoppable force without a weakness and we didn't get a good interaction between him and alex.

What is worth watching this season? Been out of the loop.

Akagami Shirayuki-hime, Ushio to Tora, and Rokka had a good first episode.

Gangsta is a 50/50 you either like it or don't.

Gakkou Gurashi should be given a watch till the very end because of something surprising.

And Himouto Umaru-chan and Non Non Biyori (season 1as well) for excellent comfy shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom