• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, that's fine, but I guess I would ask how you would know whether or not you missed something having not seen it?

Then again, I suppose I can't ever know what it's like to have never seen the episode.

Well, sure. What I meant was that I didn't feel like my understanding was lacking from having missed something. The character development from episode 11 to 12 flows together perfectly. Were it not for this forum, I wouldn't even know that there was anything inserted in that gap.

So that's what I meant by not feeling like I missed something. The two episodes flow together really well. At this point, I feel like it would be a shame to watch something else set between them.

why couldnt nisa get utapri and do this with it. lovelive fans so lucky.
CMvHVZuVEAAd8C0.png

CMvHB7cVEAAwuvq.png

I enjoy Love Live as much as the next guy, but people who buy this are crazy people.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Well, sure. What I meant was that I didn't feel like my understanding was lacking from having missed something. The character development from episode 11 to 12 flows together perfectly. Were it not for this forum, I wouldn't even know that there was anything inserted in that gap.

So that's what I meant by not feeling like I missed something. The two episodes flow together really well. At this point, I feel like it would be a shame to watch something else set between them.
yeah, the way the two episodes go together is why I recommend saving it. if you watch 11.5 after 11 I think it actively harms the experience.

Cornbread78

Nodame Cantabile Paris ep. 1-3
Mr. Tsundere Chiaki is still at it in Paris, but he's getting called out on it by Streassimon. We'll see I'd he man's up this season and takes on Nodame for real or does he continue to cast her aside? Still love the musical aspect as well as the tone of the series.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
And it's more along the lines of "this is good but original was better" "no it isn't" "you suck" "no YOU suck".

Started on Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. Pretty good so far. Does this one also have a strong contingent of haters here?

Not everything is hated on AnimeGAF. It's largely just trashy anime that is popular as fuck due to all of the wrong reasons (see SAO).

What you will see in AnimeGAF though is that not everybody blindly says Brotherhood is better. We'll have differing opinions as to which one is better, the original or Brotherhood, and what makes each one stronger.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Not everything is hated on AnimeGAF. It's largely just trashy anime that is popular as fuck due to all of the wrong reasons (see SAO).

What you will see in AnimeGAF though is that not everybody blindly says Brotherhood is better. We'll have differing opinions as to which one is better, the original or Brotherhood, and what makes each one stronger.
Brotherhood is totally better...

I like both

If something being awesome as fuck is the wrong reason for liking it, I don't ever want to be right.

Thinking of getting a Kirito x Asuna wall poster. Maybe I'll just go for a desktop background though.

I agree that I'd like to see more anime have the kind of artistic ambition Paranoia Agent has. Though I disagree that there hasn't been anything better released in the past several years - I'd place things like Wolf Children, Eccentric Family, Ping Pong, Mushishi Zoku Sho, and When Marnie Was There above it. If you were talking about Millennium Actress or Tokyo Godfathers, it would be different, but the ending of Paranoia Agent is what started the loss of control over his storytelling that Kon exhibited to a greater degree in Paprika. His love of dreams and illusions grew to the point where it overwhelmed his good sense (and in Paranoia Agent, partially undermined its anti-escapism message). Dreaming Machine looks like it would have only continued that process - though of course we'll never know now. If he had made the jump into full surrealism instead of being awkwardly placed between that and traditional narratives, it could have been successful in a way different from his previous works.

A few pages late, but I'll be honest and say Mushishi was forgotten when writing my list. I don't think I could put Eccentric Family or When Marnie Was There above Paranoia Agent, but Wolf Children might be good competition. Millenium Actress is excellent as well and I don't think I could choose between the two if I had to rank them, but Tokyo Godfather is easily worse (not saying much considering they are two of the best examples of the genre) than either of them.

Was Dreaming Machine ever officially cancelled? The last I had heard the team was planning on finishing it "no matter what" or was that just talk? I haven't looked into it in a while.

Lots of time and care went into this OT, great job.

I am just stopping by to ask a few questions, what's up with God Eater? It was airing every Sunday on Hulu and then it skipped a week. Is there any other place to watch the latest episode as soon as its available?

Squishy3

Lots of time and care went into this OT, great job.

I am just stopping by to ask a few questions, what's up with God Eater? It was airing every Sunday on Hulu and then it skipped a week. Is there any other place to watch the latest episode as soon as its available?
Can't talk about it at all, so remove it. But God Eater is plagued with production issues.

Jintor

i'm at that stage of salt where i would rewatch sao again just to criticize it. no! bad jintor! you've got all this other new stuff you actually want to watch, don't do the stupid thing!

*rereads angel densetsu for the second time instead*

If something being awesome as fuck is the wrong reason for liking it, I don't ever want to be right.

That isn't really the case here. The case here is that Kirito is not awesome.

There's no real substance to his character. Tell me, what personality does Kirito have other than being your standard nerdy kid that's good at video games?

Compare him to Simon from TTGL. He's a character whose personality evolves as the show goes on. His character has a charm to it that makes watching his accomplishments exciting and fun, thus making him an awesome character.

Meanwhile, Kirito just remains the same kind of guy from beginning to end. No lessons learned, no real changes undergone, nothing.

He beats the villain, gets the girl, and that's pretty much all there is to it.

That isn't really the case here. The case here is that Kirito is not awesome.

There's no real substance to his character. Tell me, what personality does Kirito have other than being your standard nerdy kid that's good at video games?

Compare him to Simon from TTGL. He's a character whose personality evolves as the show goes on. His character has a charm to it that makes watching his accomplishments exciting and fun, thus making him an awesome character.

Meanwhile, Kirito just remains the same kind of guy from beginning to end. No lessons learned, no real changes undergone, nothing.

He beats the villain, gets the girl, and that's pretty much all there is to it.

His personality is also standard good guy in anime with bland looks that happens to get all of the girls to want his dick because he's such a nice guy and totally good at video games. The main female lead turns from an independent girl who makes her own choices and is somewhat serious, to a trophy 'honey let me get you drink' wife. There's a scene in the show where you clearly see where she transforms from her own person to 'Kirito's wife'.

The most entertaining part of SAO2 was the melodrama in early S2.

Clock is ticking dude, hurry.

Look, I don't hold it against anybody for enjoying Kirito or SAO.

All I'm trying to do is get people to realize that there's much more to a good character than just beating the bad guy and getting the girl.

EDIT: Oh wait, I think I missed the context regarding this post, lol.

Narag

Looks like a bunch of STUDIO4℃ movies will go up on Netflix September 2nd.

Netflix will launch its streaming service in Japan on 2nd September.
On the same day, STUDIO4℃’s films: Princess Arete, MIND GAME, Genius Party, and Genius Party Beyond will be available worldwide in HD!

【Release Schedule】
September 2nd
Princess Arete
MIND GAME
Genius Party
Genius Party Beyond

September 15th (Tentative date)
Tweeny witches

http://studio4c.co.jp/topics/en/post/20150818.html

Cornbread78

Look, I don't hold it against anybody for enjoying Kirito or SAO.

All I'm trying to do is get people to realize that there's much more to a good character than just beating the bad guy and getting the girl.

Lol, no worries bro. I was talking about the link, I was trying to help our visiting brotha, lol.

But yes, you are right in your above statement. I love good character developement, which is why Nagisa and Tomoya's story in Clannad is sooo damn amazing.

Mailbox

Thats sad. You should be bold and like what you like and not give a fuck about haters.

This is AnimeGaf.
I wish this was a place where everything was smooth sailing and no hate, but nope.

Anime here aren't liked... they are just less hated upon than others

I agree with you

Eh, suffice to say I disagree. Kirito goes through a lot of character growth, IMO. I'm on my phone or I'd write an essay.

I agree though that people like what they like. No problem with anyone disagreeing. Unless it's lolicon. That shit's just gross.

Which of those Studio4degreesC movie should I watch if I absolutely have to?

The Animatrix introduced me to anime (I had watched a little Gundam Wing but nothing more than that) and I still consider it one of the best things I've ever watched. I'd get expositional in here, but I have to get a nap sometime soon. Berserk is probably their second best.

Does anyone know of a workaround for region locked Blu Rays? I finally got The Place Promised in Our Early Days on Blu Ray and can't play it. ;-;

Edit: Read post without context. Arete is probably the only decent thing on that list. I haven't seen Genius Party or Beyond though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom