• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBalfredo

I also suggested it in the previous thread w/ the same opinion actually.

I'm in love with the composition and use of cuts

Yeah, the composition stood out to me as well. It worked especially well conveying the sense of isolation when
Yuuko couldn't see Teiichi anymore.

John Blade

Just got two more anime show in my collection. Humanity has Declined for Blu-ray as I like to keep this in my collection as it's actually not a bad show and 009-1 anime. Don't know much about this show and have little info about it except a trailer I watch. Would be fine to see how good or bad 009-1 is.

Line_HTX

That Tom Brady thread was sooooo sad. More graveyard members in there now than the entire anime thread...

Well, at least your should have the correct show now, and make sure it's 50 episodes total. Now you'll love the real characters like Eureka.

You don't have to watch the dub, but I hope you do.

;P

Cornbread78

Umaru-chan ep.9
Do not mess with her pudding! Please that is the annoying Umaru. I was hoping to see more of big bro's boss again for V-Day, but oh well, no love for big bro, lol. Pretty good episode that made me laugh a few times.

Well, at least your should have the correct show now, and make sure it's 50 episodes total. Now you'll love the real characters like Eureka.
;P

I'll see what I can find tomorrow. It appears nobody is supporting the Kindle apps, so watching on my phone will suck. I'll have to check the Vita apps also..

UberTag

;P
Eureka Seven boasts a quality dub. Tony Oliver's probably the best of the Bang Zoom! directors. Can't really think of a bad performance in it.

Been catching up on Non Non Biyori Repeat and its as every bit as fantastic as the first season. Things go from hilarious to just downright heartwarming and back without ever feeling abrupt.

Loved that "amusement park" note that Renge left on episode 7.

And now "secret base" is stuck on my head thanks to that episode too. MENMAAAAAA

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Faulkner's good literary reputation is well deserved, sorry.
I mean, any reputation blown up by the New Critics is kind of larger than life. Faulkner's expansive reputation that vastly overshadows black writers from the American South speaks to how people like to digest literature on race though. Faulkner is obviously worth reading, but I find his popularity difficult to swallow when the general populace knows so little of Faulkner's contemporaries, or even his predecessors.

I love the PR card for the Shingeki booster upcoming. [weiss schwarz]

COBVG_iU8AAoMA0.png

Maken-Ki! Two - 03

Catgirls doing cat things. A bit tamer than I expected it to be. Himegami has the best nyaa~, especially during the ball play. Speaking of which, I think they most likely set the record for most nyaa~ in an episode.
Downside with this cat themed episode is that worst girl got most screen time. Also a little upset that the hissing didn't escalate into actual cat fights, Nurse going rampage would've been an amazing sight.

JulianImp

(Bit of a crosspost here from this thread where someone posted a recommendation of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia)

meUqHyJ.jpg

Just finished binge watching this on crunchyroll after seeing this recommended in this thread. Aside from a few minor grips, it's really solid.
They go back to the well on the ol' accidental boob grab gag a bit too much and some of the mid-series episodes, like the cultural festival were kinda filler-ish. But the core ghost story was well done. I'm a sucker for ghost stories where the ghost is not inherently evil or malevolent, and they address this wonderfully well with Yuuko's shadow. The last episode was beautifully done with her fading away after the mystery is solves, which is what I would want out of a tragic ghost romance. However, the last minute runback of having her remain because of her love for him is the one other point that doesn't work for me. I thought it was a nice parallel that he needed to accept that she would fade away just as she had to accept her dark side and would have preferred if in the end he would remember her but would move on with his life (and get with one of the other girls).
Aside from that, it was really satisfying.

Yeah, this was another show I had never heard about and only decided to watch on a whim, and I actually ended up liking it quite a bit. The limited cast was handled really well, the school being a frankenstein mish-mash of constructions built on top of each other was also a great idea that worked really well with the supernatural setting, since a really old building full of dead ends, abandoned school wings and the such is the perfect place for ghost stories to thrive.

Regarding the ending,
I agree that it was really good up until the girl somehow came back after supposedly having passed on to the afterlife. The bittersweet conclusion we had before that felt like the perfect stopping point IMO.

Cornbread78

Akikan ep.10-END
Wow, I've watched some bad anime in my year with it. But this one topples them all, lol. I mean, I was entertained, however, everything about it was stupid from start to finish. I mean, yeah, very forgetable..

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 71
COBn6YwWsAA0CrO.png

Yes Odd Eyes Pendulum Dragon came back after being away for a bit. They even had the three best songs play back to back. It was fun.

Odd Eyes Saber Dragon had a good effect. It needs to appear more often

PBalfredo

Yeah, this was another show I had never heard about and only decided to watch on a whim, and I actually ended up liking it quite a bit. The limited cast was handled really well, the school being a frankenstein mish-mash of constructions built on top of each other was also a great idea that worked really well with the supernatural setting, since a really old building full of dead ends, abandoned school wings and the such is the perfect place for ghost stories to thrive.

Regarding the ending,
I agree that it was really good up until the girl somehow came back after supposedly having passed on to the afterlife. The bittersweet conclusion we had before that felt like the perfect stopping point IMO.

The limited cast did a good job of keeping the narrative nice and focused. When Momoe's friends first appeared I was worried we were then going to have to deal with an extended cast, but luckily they only appeared in a handful of scenes.

I understand the temptation to do what they did with the final moments of the ending,
it's rough to break up the main couple as soon as not only did they finally get together, but when they finally got together as their true selves. Teiichi confessed his feelings for Yuuko about halfway through the show, but at that point the woman he had fallen for was only half of her personality. Only by the end on their final date did we really see the true Yuuko. It's heartbreaking to separate them right when it's getting real, but that's what happens when you date ghosts; you want to make them happy and as soon as you do they're off to the afterlife. I'm fine with imagining the anime ended there since while her coming back is a nice awwww moment, it poses some serious questions about dating a ghost with a jealous streak who is going to be stuck to him, appearing as a 15 year old, until he dies (or beyond?). If that is something they'd explore in a sequel or something, I'd actually watch that, but it's a hell of a thing to just slide into the ending.

Also as an aside, every time
Yuuko denied her shadow
I half expected a boss battle to occur. Where's that mashup?

Baalzebup

Did Cajun actually get a perma? I've been under the impression that the avatar disappears if you get perma'd. Also, Arcadius got back and was banned again? Man, I've clearly missed some decent bloodbathing in here.

Syrinx

Did Cajun actually get a perma? I've been under the impression that the avatar disappears if you get perma'd. Also, Arcadius got back and was banned again? Man, I've clearly missed some decent bloodbathing in here.

The avatar thing is a myth.

Cornbread78

It wasn't pretty and we lost some good posters that day. You know it was bad when Evilore was the one delivering judgements.

It doesn't matter how much you post, just use your brain.

The bans didn't happen because of the number of posts.

Oh, I know, that's just a joke..

i wasn't expecting SAO while looking up guides for a HTML5 game framework but there it is

Nice choice for marketing, lol.

Syrinx

Any of you dorks playing Danganronpa: AE. Gonna probably get it ny Monday.

E: meant this for NFL-GAF but here's just as good.

Mailbox

It wasn't pretty and we lost some good posters that day. You know it was bad when Evilore was the one delivering judgements.

Oh, I know, that's just a joke..

Nice choice for marketing, lol.

When I saw Evilore's post, I legit got spooked and thought animeGAF was on the verge of collapse again.

Was 2Spoopy4me

Russ T

Banned
I have no idea what you guys are talking about but it sure sounds like a fun time!

Anyway, I'm finally going to watch Yuri Kuma Arashi, against my better judgment. I watched the first two episodes a long time ago, when it was airing, but now it's time to get out off my backlog...

Line_HTX

Spooby pls BibleThump

LOL Syrinx... Trying to get NFLGAF into DangGanging

One day Kiritobread gonna get got for SAO 3, lol

Any of you dorks playing Danganronpa: AE. Gonna probably get it ny Monday.

E: meant this for NFL-GAF but here's just as good.

I am. 13hrs in, on Chapter 4. Game is excellent and a step forward in every single way from DR1 and 2. The shooting is what it is, but the story, pacing, characters, environments, graphics, cutscenes,... Everything is excellent. This is my favourite Danganronpa game by far. Looking forward to seeing DR3 running through this beautiful engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom