• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Game fest returns

Dunki

Just got an E-Mail^^

STAY TUNED FOR NEWS ON SGF 2021!
Bringing the world together to celebrate video games from the comfort of home. Summer Game Fest is a season of digital video game events from publishers, select playable content, in-game events, and more to be announced.

Even though it had its length i enjoyed this show afterall. I am glad its coming back^^

Last year was underwhelming for sure. If they can get it better organized into like a week of announcements that would be better.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Very vague, but I'm sure I heard/read somewhere recently that it's one month long this time. Far better, still too long.

A late spring and summer of random video presentations is all we're going to get, without either an E3 or a coordinated, virtual event scheduled across consecutive days. The problem with last year's Summer Game Fest was how bloated the presentations were with softball interviews and material that was more advertisement than informative.

I love that Geoff managed to turn regular game news into "Summer games fest". Now he gets a piece of everyone's action and they're all grinning like idiots letting him do it. It's absolutely hilarious to me that his plan worked so flawlessly.

HE1NZ

Banned
The Office No GIF

bitbydeath

How is SGF 2021 different than last year?​

Last year’s SGF was created during the height of the pandemic and spanned 4 months. This year’s SGF will feature a more condensed schedule of events across less than a month, and also include more original programming.

AJUMP23

I think all we really want are some game announcements. Maybe throw in some Kyle Bossman talking about games and then some demos.

RNG

Best part about last year was Geoff's awkward deer in the headlights/wtf did I just watch trailer face to PR mode because of a few seconds of delay on stream.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I love that Geoff managed to turn regular game news into "Summer games fest". Now he gets a piece of everyone's action and they're all grinning like idiots letting him do it. It's absolutely hilarious to me that his plan worked so flawlessly.
Thats what it is, geoff keighly and his influencer friends have found away to parasitically attach themselves to the gaming industry

T-Cake

Thursday 10th June? Oh noes! That will clash with the opening football match of Euro 2020. Lucky I have two screens for simultaneous viewing purposes. :D

EDIT: Or not. Football starts Friday 11th June. D'oh.

Last edited:
the peak example of a waste of time Jeff sucks and wants to be the video games equivalent like the head people people the run the occsars or golden globes

Top Bottom