• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2016 OT | July 3rd - July 10th | Gotta go fast!

LordAlu

titleimage_zpskakgg07v.jpg

important-links_zpsydqtdyg2.png

• Live Stream - Watch SGDQ here.
  • Schedule - List of runs, shown in your local timezone.
  • Donate - Donate to Doctors Without Borders.
  • VoDs - Missed a run? Catch it again here.
  • Prize Index - Prizes can be won throughout the event.
  • Bid Index - You can bid on certain runs for things like character names.
  • Donation List - List of all donations made during the event.
  • FAQ - Answers to frequently asked questions.
  • Merchandise - Buy SGDQ-themed items from various sponsors.
  • Humble Bundle - Grab eight selected speedrunning games!
  • GDQ Twitter - Follow the GDQ Twitter to get updates throughout the event.
what-is-sgdq_zpsjjgyjew7.png

Summer Games Done Quick is an annual charity video game marathon streamed live on Twitch.TV, with donations going directly to Doctors
Without Borders (no middle-man)! The event features high-level play by speedrunners, playing games as quickly as possible. During the stream,
viewers can donate to see various challenges completed, or to be entered in for awesome prizes!​

doctors-without-borders_zpsq4t6b1uo.png

Every year, Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) provides emergency medical care to millions of people caught in crises
in more than 60 countries around the world. MSF provides assistance when catastrophic events—such as armed conflict, epidemics, malnutrition,
or natural disasters—overwhelm local health systems. MSF also assists people who face discrimination or neglect from their local health systems
or when populations are otherwise excluded from health care.

MSF is a neutral and impartial humanitarian organization that aims first and foremost to provide high-quality medical care to the people who need
it the most. It does not promote the agenda of any country, political party, or religious faith, and, as such, endeavors to communicate its history,
background, and capabilities to all parties in a given situation so that it may gain the necessary access to populations in need.​

games_zpsnzchnium.png

This year there are 171 runs spread across the week, ranging from the ever popular Mario, Metroid and Zelda series, through one time classics
such as Burning Rangers and Braid, to the completely random Barbie Game Girl and Crystal's Pony Tale.​
You can view a full list of the games being run below. The list shows everything including expected time for the run, and updates throughout
the week to account for any problems during the event. Please note that all times shown are in your local timezone.​

watching-sgdq_zps85epdi3b.png

The entire event will be live-streamed on Twitch.TV for your viewing pleasure. You'll be able to watch on any device that supports Twitch, so most
mobile phones and tablets, PS4, XBox One, PC and even some TVs. Simply head to http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick, or click the image below!​

There have been reports of frame hiccups whilst watching due to the fast moving nature of the default GDQ chat. If this is affecting you, you
can either join GAF Chat (instructions are further down the OP) or you can watch just the video with now chat by going to
https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=gamesdonequick

how-do-i-donate_zps2hiplbte.png

First off, it's great that you want to donate! You're awesome! All donations made during SGDQ go directly to Doctors Without Borders, and all you
need to do is head to the donate link below to make that donation. Don't forget though that prizes are being offered and certain games also have
bid wars where you can also choose aspects like character and file names. So make sure you check out the Bid Index and the Prize Index before
you make that donation to see if there's anything you want to go for!​

watching-previous-runs_zpsgeke6wsh.png

If you've missed any of the runs so far, or just want to go back and watch a run again, GAF user Broken Joystick has created a
spreadsheet with every game, category, all the runners and their twitter handles and YouTube links to the runs! Check it out below!

merchandise_zps3cle4nls.png

Every year, The Yetee have a selection of SGDQ themed t-shirts available. $3 from every shirt sold goes to Doctors Without Borders,
so not only do you get an awesome shirt but you donate at the same time! Simply follow the link above to check out this years shirts!​

Something Artistic provide video game decals for your gaming hardware! $2 from every sale will be going towards Doctors Without Borders.​

humble-bundle_zpse6qaatsi.png

Humble Bundle have produced a special bundle that can be purchased any time throughout SGDQ. 100% of all purchases goes to
Doctors Without Borders. In orderto purchase, just click on the image below! The games available this year are, VVVVVV, Dustforce DX,
Guacamelee! Gold Edition, Super Meat Boy, Escape Goat 2, Serious Sam Double D XXL, Serious Sam: The Random Encounter and
Freedom Planet.

gaf-chat_zpsas69yzcg.png

GDQ chats are (unfortunately) notoriously spammy, making it extremely difficult to interact in any meaningful way. A lot of people like the
interaction with other viewers that Twitch provides, and for that reason there is an independant NeoGAF chat just for Twitch.​
If you'd like to join the chat, simply ask in this thread (include your Twitch name) and we'll invite you! That way you can chat with your fellow
GAFfers whilst still enjoying the great speedruns on offer. Instructions on how to accept your invite and join are below. Please note that if you have
joined GAF Chat before during a previous event, you should still be part of it, so you don't need to get invited again! You can just click the
"View All Rooms" button at the top of Twitch chat and select the NeoGAF channel - you're good to go!​

Step #1 - Click on "View All Rooms"

chat-1_zpswb34lghb.jpg

Step #2 - Accept the Chat Invite that appears under "Pending Invitations", then enter the Group Chat!

chat-2_zpsqu4yy53w.jpg

anything-else_zpswienuiqj.png

I'll be adding more information to the thread as the event continues, including merchandise and VoDs of previous runs.​
Please keep talk of previous GDQ drama out of this thread? I can't stop you but this thread is for SGDQ 2016 and discussion
about previous drama/problems is not really relevant.
Lastly, I hope everyone enjoys the event and have a great week watching awesome speedruns!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yes can't wait! Shame that this is in my final work week, won't be watching live that much.

The schedule link is wrong btw OP

Velcro Fly

so many of the streamers i follow and watch a lot in the Mario Maker thing.

that is going to be so fun for me to watch.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Last Awesome Games' Mario Maker segment was the hypest shit ever.

tci

Sucks that I will out on travels during the coming week. So I probably won't be watching as much as I would like to. Hope all goes well and they get lots of donations.

And as always; KILL THE ANIMALS!

Regiruler

Interesting game choices this year.

A little disappointed in no star fox run but some games I didn't expect at all.

I'm worried about the FRN run because racing games kinda put on a bad showing. That amd I'd prefer a hero mode run.

Platy

My favorite time of the year to be unemployed xD

Even managed to meet some friends to watch the first day with some beers !

Lots of games that I never saw this year =D

Hyped for 3DS Zelda, Typing of the Dead and Momodora

and of course the usual suspects ... the categories in Mario World and Ocarina are specialy awesome ... even if I am not a fan of more than 2 people racing because I can't see shit xD

Platy

Ape escape is one I look forward to seeing. Also FF6

That Disney block looks fun. Quack Shot!

Disney Block is always awesome ... specialy if you have a private chat because that is where the most women runners were in the last editions =P

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
It's time once again!

Sadly I'll be working all week but I'll catch up with what I miss after.

Escalario

Banned
Man, there's barely anything interesting at this SGDQ. Kinda feels like a filler one that they feel obligated to make. A lot of games that were already shown to death, good part of the last day taken by stuff that takes 2 hours or more to beat... This is the first GDQ i'm not excited to watch :(

Murugo

Can't wait to see what the TAS block has in store this time.

Also, Jumper Two, I remember that game! It's an old Game Maker game that plays similar to Super Meat Boy.

Vibranium

Banned
Nobody's doing REmake or RE0? Carcinogen's run on REHD was awesome, too bad. He reminded me how awful I am at doing any sort of run in Resident Evil haha.

RE2 is always fun though.

Wilsongt

It's a shame PJ is only running one game this year and it's a short one. Hype mode BCR2 was amazing and his Lagoon run at AGDQ was magical.

However, he is running Batman Forever next year for the awful block of AGDQ. It will be amaaaaaaazing.

Top Bottom