• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2019 OT

Helios

Games_Done_Quick_logo_2018.png
What is Games Done Quick?
Games Done Quick is a series of charity video game marathons. These events feature high-level gameplay by speedrunners raising money for charity. Games Done Quick has teamed up with several charities in its nine-year history, including Doctors Without Borders and the Prevent Cancer Foundation. We are currently the largest fundraising event globally for both charities!

To date, Games Done Quick has raised over 19.3 million dollars for charity. We also average over 2000 people in attendance at our events, including staff, volunteers, runners, and attendees just looking to have fun and support the event!

Info
  • Event Dates
    June 23-30, 2019
  • Charity
    Doctors Without Borders

Homepage

Schedule

VODs

Strange Headache's Speedrunning Thread

Main Stream

Restreams

German
French
PT-BR
Russian
Japanese

Last edited:

Garnox

Cool, looking forward to watching some of these.

I always enjoy the long ass runs, started with FFVII a year or so ago, where they started at like 10pm at night and didn’t finish until like 6am.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the last AGDQ do FFIX (my favorite)

Looks like this year will be Chrono Trigger. Look forward to it, even though it’s been done before.

Was hoping for like FFX or XII, but next year maybe.

T-Cake

Even though most of the speedruns don't appeal to me, it's better than watching mainstream TV these days. I have it on in the background for most of the week whilst I get on with my own gaming. Good luck to all the speedrunners!

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Oh I love these
gonna have a tab of this stream open all week
except during the debates

Dthomp

Man, wish I could have got tickets since it’s only a couple hours away for me but missed out. I love these, especially ones with great commentaries about the game they are playing. Other then being out a couple days this week, I look forward to binging as much of this as I can

Birdo

Banned
These are good background noise for when you are doing stuff.

It can be a little too cringy at times, though. But that just naturally comes with the type of people who speedrun games.

Last edited:

angelic

Banned
Someone made a "Donation Phrase Generator", which I've has given me a good laugh or two.

Oh man, amazing.

Another great day of SGDQ. Love watching my childhood cancer get destroyed. Money goes to donate the games, view the frames.

Greetings from games. Long time viewer, first time viewer. I am donating because my games has died from games.

fourth time watching SGDQ, fourth time runner. My viewer passed away from viewer. Money goes to donate the cancer, view the animal. Hype!!!!

Greetings from cancer. Long time viewer, first time viewer. I am donating because my cancer has died from cancer.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Someone made a "Donation Phrase Generator", which I've has given me a good laugh or two.

"Another great day of SGDQ. Love watching my childhood Germany get destroyed. Money goes to kill the viewer, donate the frames."

"Had to kill during this run. Put my money towards donate the donation. Lets kick viewer's butt! "
This is so cancerous.

Dang, I totally forgot about the summer GDQ. Thanks for the reminder Helios Helios .

Concerning the other political and cringe stuff that was posted in here, I'm only interested in the speedruns themselves. I wish GDQ would focus on doing games quickly and tone down the cringe/crazy/politics. There is some legit skill and knowledge involved in these speedruns and I feel like all the rest is merely taking away from that. Just keep on highlighting the talent that is on display in these runs.

All this politics bullsh*t is at best tangential and should have no bearing on what's the most important, which is finishing games as fast as possible and supporting a good cause. These past few years, all that drama, the identity politics and the misbehavior of some idiots have really tarnished my enjoyment of these events. It's a real shame because a lot of that stuff alienates the general audience from what I would otherwise consider a reputable sub-category of e-sports.

Let the runs, the games and the talent of these speedrunners speak for itself and show some dignity ffs!

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I like the new genderless mascotte
Did someone made some futanari based on it yet?

Nymphae

Banned
I'm really enjoying putting this on in the background while I game, I had no idea this was such a such a big community and gathering. It's crazy to see a huge audience of people give golf claps as a speed runner explains his walljump techniques, while someone announces a 10k donation. Crazy times, good fun.

The Borderlands 2 speedrun last night was supremely boring to me, a 3 hour speedrun! But holy shit that Titanfall run was awesome, I had no idea that game looked so awesome.

Nymphae

Banned
Holy shit that Remnants of Naezith game was ridiculous, I'll be buying that for sure. And I had no idea how crazy the Mario mod community was, that Grand Poo World stuff is just unreal. That is very entertaining to watch with the commentary, but I would have absolutely no patience for that kind of bullshit at all lol.

Last edited:

kingwingin

I love watching speed runs but the people who host this shit are disgusting. Never seen teeth in such a dark shade of yellow before

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
That Banjo race was impressive. Sub 2 minute difference of a 2 hour race? Could have easily been a trainwreck, as many GDQ races have been.

Worse.

This is what dilation is.

Basically MtFs have to shove dildos into their surgically-made slit so that it doesn’t close up, as it’s essentially gaping wound that will heal itself if left unattended.

I found this Dilation Station in Chicago.

4sVAV8Y.jpg

But then you come around the corner to the main counter, and things start to look up. On the back wall, there are dozens of salamis ranging from one to four pounds hanging in evenly-spaced regularity, gleaming and deep red. There are knowledgeable, friendly people behind the counter. There are rows of laminated magazine articles full of praise. And there are, of course, their list of products that have garnered a devoted following not only in Chicago, but across the country.

Saruhashi

Banned
Worse.

This is what dilation is.

Basically MtFs have to shove dildos into their surgically-made slit so that it doesn’t close up, as it’s essentially gaping wound that will heal itself if left unattended.

Wait so "please clean off the glass dilators when finished" means they are like going to the event and expecting they'll have some kind of communal glass dildo you can shove up yer gash?

WHY THE FUCK WOULDN'T YOU JUST BRING YOUR OWN!?

Like... isn't that kind of dangerous?!

Surely if you were MtF then you'd have your own equipment for stuff like that?
Is this normal that they'd go to places and there's just a pile of "dilators" lying around just incase?

Surely to fuck you wouldn't be going there and thinking "well I don't normally dilate actually but I'll give it a go since I'm here"?
That seems like so insanely unhygienic.

Fuck, this raises SO many questions!
You think they race? Dilation Done Quick or something?

Imagine you went to work every day and had to use one of the office communal toothbrushes to freshen up after lunch.

EDIT: Fake news, see here.
Notwithstanding the horrific thought of shoving something into my body that's been used by a dozen strangers before, I honestly don't care about these dilation stations. If you want to discuss that please make another topic.

I'm here for the speedruns, for example this amazing blindfolded run of Punch-Out Wii:

Blindfolded NES Punch-Out runs have been a thing for quite a while now, but I've never seen someone do it on the Wii version.

Last edited:
Top Bottom