• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Fest - Live Showcase Announced for June 9th - 11a PT / 2p ET / 6p GMT.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's happening 3 days before the Xbox show case, so probably not gonna be many new Xbox announcements as they'll want to save it for their own show.

I cant imagine this showcase being good enough to want to watch in a theater. Every platform holder will want their biggest games and big 3rd party exclusives at their own shows and Elden Ring already came out.

If it was a sony showcase I’d probably do it

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Remind me please, is that still tagged for 2022 or did they push it

I think its slated for 2023, but I remember one of the developers said progression went smoothly and that they were gonna reveal it properly around summer/autumn (only been some dev diary's so far, with screenshots and footage showing off lighting etc).

Mr Hyde

Wouldn't mind a showing of The Callisto protocol either. Spiritual successor to Dead Space, next gen only with Glen Schofield in the director's chair. Sounds awesome on paper.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Get ready for hours of ads, 2 good announcements and Geoff kissing kojima's butt.
PNI4S92.jpg

SegaShack

Last one was painful. Please no more 2 months of announcements.

I also can't imagine being such a corporate slave and fanboy that you pay money to go to a theater to watch advertisements.

Get ready for hours of ads, 2 good announcements and Geoff kissing kojima's butt.
Last one was painful. Please no more 2 months of announcements.
Was anything decent revealed at the last one?
Last year's was so effing boring I don't know if I can do it...

Just remember guys, E3 is dead. That means someone out there took their content. My bet is that Keighley took it.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
This is just a huge trolling effort because someone (probably a bisexual PoC with a mental illness) who corresponds with Keighley told him it would be totes lulz if he found a way to play a Goodbye, Volcano High trailer at an IMAX theatre.

yurinka

I wonder if the Sony showcase is still happening this month
I'd like to have a Sony showcase the week before this Summer Doritos Fest but they never announced or hinted a Sony showcase for this month.

In fact, we have no idea if Sony will have a showcase this summer or spring, even if it would make sense. In any case, Sony will make it when ready and when they consider it's the time. This Summer Doritos Fest event won't change their plans.

Last edited:
There is no E3 content. It's not like companies have all these plans for an event cancelled back in January.
I'm implying that Keighley was already in talks with these companies regarding their trailers and showcases since late last year when this talk of E3 dying started to happen.
Now everyone could have their own show like Nintendo and MS. E3 was important because there was a huge stage and convention with a lot of journalists.
Some companies still don't want to bother doing this. Ubisoft, Deep Silver, Activision, etc will probably want their games to be shown at MS or Keighley's show, or ask for a segment during SGF's schedule.

Last edited:
I wonder if this means no big Sony event anytime soon. I could see them sneaking a GoW gameplay in this and maybe ono other annoucement a calling it a day.

Last edited:

Markio128

Whether it’s shit or not, we’re all going to watch it aren’t we? We can’t help it. How else can we complain about it for weeks afterwards? 😂

Could care less about Nintendo, their lack of modern online systems and stubbornness of being stuck in the prehistoric times is seeking to me.
While true, Nintendo usually pleases the 'I need gameplay' crowd the most, with a combination of their direct and treehouse.

Fbh

Like every year I'll tell myself I won't watch this and I'll just check the 2 relevant trailers after the show.
Then I'll end up watching it anyway, hate it and promise myself I won't watch it next year.

Mr Hyde

god no. WE've seen enough.
The game don't need a graphical remake... of all the games. This is the one that would be perfectly fine with simple 4k120 remaster. It holds up so good

I think a Dead Space remake is awesome. Wouldn't mind the remake treatment on the second game as well. But I would've been pleased with a remaster of the trilogy also, like Mass Effect, but here we are with a remake and I ain't gonna say no to that.

j0hnnix

Summer CG Trailer Fest 2022 running for remainder of the year until you are bored to death.

I am interested in RedFall though. We will see.

Top Bottom