• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summerslam 2015 |OT| He hath loosed the fateful lightning of his terrible swift sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel,
Since the God King is marching on.

171TyTS.jpg

WWE presents Summerslam 2015 Hosted by Jon "The Jersey Brawler" Stewart

8XTsZWS.jpg

Featuring

Team Bella (Nikki, Brie & Alicia Fox) vs. Team BAD (Naomi, Sasha Banks & Tamina) vs. PCB (Paige, Charlotte & Becky Lynch)
Pf8nGNV.jpg

An attempt to capitalize off of women in sports doing amazing things (Rise of women's soccer and Women's MMA becoming more mainstream thanks to Rhonda Rousy) has instead become a joke with a champion who resembles being a reality TV stra rather than an athlete.

Mf5Q3NK.gif
3ineuw3.gif

She never defends her belt and is being protected for the sole purpose of getting on over on UFC Fighter CM "Hey Phil" Punk.

If you want to see what these Divas™ WOMEN can do watch the NXT Takeover show on Saturday

The Prime Time Players (c) vs. The New Day vs. Los Matadores vs. The Lucha Dragons
xZrpU1j.jpg

New
jWPaPIa.gif

Day
I3lnCZS.gif

Rocks?
VBLONZq.gif

, Titus O'Neil is a cool hot tag, Darren Young hasn't been able to get over his personality on the show but he seems cool. Lucha Dragons name is dumb but they are talented.

Los Matadores are lucky to have a job.

Stephen Amell and Neville vs. The Cosmic Kings (Stardust & King Barrett)

A celebrity working a match that has a chance of being good???

4dyNDzJl.jpg

The Wyatt Family vs. Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns
agCO9H6.jpg

What happens when two stables get broken up too soon and plans get fucked up? A tag match, playa. Ambrose is over as fuck and Reigns is an old man who grew up in a time before video games and walked uphill both ways in the snow to school with no shoes on. Wyatt is a jobber working his average Neogaf poster gimmick and Luke Harper is pretty awesome in the ring.
JO5SPzt.gif

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
ZxYOU38.jpg

Last time these two met in the New York Area the crowd rioted

Ryback (c) vs. Big Show vs. The Miz for the Intercontintial title
IXaHIJ0.jpg

What happens when a has-been, a failure, and an up and coming Champion meet in the ring?

Shit if I know but at least Ryback is awesome

kvR4lOf.png

Dolph Ziggler (w/ Lana) vs. Rusev (w/ Summer Rae)
CUElS2p.jpg

Should be a great match. Also Rusev is probably a better stand up than Ziggler. You'd figure he would have learned how to be funny by proxy when he dated Amy Schumer.

TWYd5SQ.gif

Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro
5lQzx91.jpg

A match that ROH fans are saying that they've seen before but Cesaro is over as shit and Owens is an amazing heel.

Both are amazing in the ring, good to awesome on the mic, and both will probably be main eventing Wrestlemania in the near future but for now they have their own fan sections

0R5cPxL.png
Tr1KhUJ.png

TWYd5SQ.gif

Seth Rollins vs. John Cena
B7kbx01.jpg

A not over champion with the pedigree as the finisher faces off against John Cena in a program we saw months ago.... Stop me if you have heard this before.

Now a new generation of kids get to live hating the pedigree just as much as their fathers did.

and finally

The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar
VvcxGAG.jpg

Expect fists to be taped for this one. Taker is back to prove he isn't old and Brock just wants to go home and hunt.
T7yNdS1.jpg
bxYdwlr.jpg

and where can you watch all of this?

For just
uKuBunO.gif

Also this Weekend

IVedSs4.jpg
GesOOXk.jpg

MavFan619

Banned
I'll be at Takeover live which I can't wait for. I'll be on the couch for Summerslam, which I could probably wait for :/ Seth I hope you get that statue made after Sunday.
;_;

RBH

No mention of Jon Stewart or Stephen Amell in the thread title = losing out on them casual buys

mreddie

Of course the NXT event has a better card than Slam. And once again, the year ending in a 5 has a awful build to Slam or result in a bullcrap finish.

Gotta love how they're still using Undertaker photos from like 2008 or so. Guess it's to hide that awkward Anton Chigurh hair he's sporting right now.

They do a good job of making Undertaker look like much less of a old, flabby, non-threatening sack of shit he is now in that promo poster. Props to the WWE's graphic design team.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cesaro/Owens is gonna be the most :ROH: match ever.

Taker's gonna take Lesnar to Dick Kick City™

They do a good job of making Undertaker look like much less of a old, flabby, non-threatening sack of shit he is now in that promo poster. Props to the WWE's graphic design team.

Once again, that's obviously an old-ass photo of Taker considering the outfit and hair-length.

I firmly believe that the only reason Orton/Sheamus is on this card is that they're hoping to tire the fuck out of the crowd so they can't properly shit on Cena and 'Taker winning.

norm9

I firmly believe that the only reason Orton/Sheamus is on this card is that they're hoping to tire the fuck out of the crowd so they can't properly shit on Cena and 'Taker winning.

Yeah, either of them by themselves is fine. Together is gonna make for a bathroom break match.

I feel like The Undertaker is just the keys that Vince is jingling off to the side to distract us from the fact that Brock is no longer in the title hunt.

Guzim

I am so excited especially because it'll be 4 nights of wrestling for me! On Friday, I am going to a house show here in CT. I am going to Takeover on Saturday, Summerslam on Sunday, and Raw on Monday. Let's do this!

The Rumble incident basically made Reigns damaged goods, so this "smarky bullshit" is going to follow him the rest of his damned career.

He had the MotY at WM and has been quite good on the non-promo stuff since then. If someone has no interest in trying to be fair, that's on them, but harping on it all the time just gets monotonous and makes actual discussion harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom